Allardyce (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBazza

Patriotism rules again eh?
1 journalist sets up an ego massage for someone high ranking who dances the 'Billy Big Bollocks' for them & is castigated & forever tarnished...to the detriment of the nation. In this case - like that of Hoddle...& let's face it they turned Venables into a hot potato too...all to the detriment of the nation's already very poor chance of achieving anything.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Rich

I thought the Papers were supposed to report news. This seems to be the Papers creating news.

It's taken CET many years to actually get involved with CCFC because they aren't supposed to be creating the news.

Johnnythespider

Does he not state throughout this meeting that he would have to run any deal past the F.A. Also when they mention paying players, managers and agents he tells them to shut up and not have that conversation while he is there. From what I have seen there is not enough here to sack him, and he doesn't come out of it too bad.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

olderskyblue

Haven't watched it, but wasn't his son caught in the same type of trap some time ago?

oucho

He won't get sacked. The FA are spineless and will find some pretext for backing him.

SkyblueBazza

He won't get sacked. The FA are spineless and will find some pretext for backing him.
Good. He fell for a deliberate set-up & attempt to discredit him & the FA. That appears to be his only 'crime'. This was done with scant regard for damage that may be caused to the national team.

ccfcway

his comments on Roy and the team were fair

his comments on 3rd party ownership will be the bit that gets him in hot water

jimmyhillsfanclub

Still shows him up to be a dodgy greedy idiot though doesn't it......

...although I suppose we all knew that much already....

SkyblueBazza

Still shows him up to be a dodgy greedy idiot though doesn't it......

...although I suppose we all knew that much already....
Show us one that isn't - Wenger might be an exception but by & large they are just people - spot a mug with easy money on offer & most of us would jump in

SkyBlue_Bear83

British media out to get the national team as usual, this was a 10 month con so I'm assuming they sat on the video and waited till now to do max damage.

CJ_covblaze

Should have built it in Cov. Would have saved at least 500 million....

Or Star City. Anywhere in the Midlands would be better than where it is atm.

CJ_covblaze

Show us one that isn't - Wenger might be an exception but by & large they are just people - spot a mug with easy money on offer & most of us would jump in

Why Wenger?

SkyblueBazza

Singled him out as he has been in the game with a top club for so many years & I dont recall seeing anything relating to dodgy stuff with him directly involved beyond allegation

CJ_covblaze

Singled him out as he has been in the game with a top club for so many years & I dont recall seeing anything relating to dodgy stuff with him directly involved beyond allegation

Ah ok fair enough thought you were referring to him not going anywhere for money. He's one of, if not the highest paid manager in the world. Can't disagree. Biggest scandal he's been involved in is the inability to do up the zip on his jacket.

eastwoodsdustman

Does he not state throughout this meeting that he would have to run any deal past the F.A. Also when they mention paying players, managers and agents he tells them to shut up and not have that conversation while he is there. From what I have seen there is not enough here to sack him, and he doesn't come out of it too bad.

Exactly how I saw it. . A Non story from what I've seen so far.

oucho

Sky reporting that the Telegraph may have more revelations to come tomorrow. FA have met him and sent him away, apparently they are in talks now to decide whether to sack him off or not. They might wait until they see tomorrow's headlines first. Don't want to back him tonight only for more stuff to come out overnight then feel forced into sacking him.

Nick

Administrator
You would think the FA would ask the Telegraph, rather than sit and wait for the paper to come out surely?

SkyBlue_Bear83

The more I read, the more it looks like a mountain out of a molehill. Media are loving it, talksport coming down hard on Allardyce and pushing for his sacking.

I'll be massively disappointed if he is sacked, not because I think he is a great manager but its starting to feel like a media witch hunt.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Looks to me as if reporters went fishing for a story/scandal. Allardyce didn't really give them much to go in and so they are sensationalising a couple of quotes.

Johnnythespider

What is it about the media these days, they seem to blow everything up into a shitstorm and wait for the world and his wife to start wetting their pants over it. There is no balanced reporting these days only sensationalism created by the media themselves in order to claim some "exclusive", I blame the move to digital copy and the need for clicks, is there anyone out there providing balance, if so can somebody steer me in the right direction.

chiefdave

What has he actually done that's broken any rules / laws? Obviously it makes him look an idiot and its not the way you'd want your national manager acting but if you're taking about sacking someone it would need to be fair otherwise there will be a nice big compo claim.

Captain Dart

SkyBlue_Bear83

Basically all he's said with regards to to third party ownership, is that you can't do third party ownership anymore. He's saying you employ the agent, and then you get a cut of the agents fee every time the agents client is transferred or signs a new contract. It's not even a loophole as such, its just another way for people to make money.

I'm not clued up on agents in football but is this not normal practice anyway? Not all football agents are self employed are they? A lot of agents would work on behalf of a company wouldn't they?

chiefdave

I'm not clued up on agents in football but is this not normal practice anyway? Not all football agents are self employed are they? A lot of agents would work on behalf of a company wouldn't they?
Interesting point. If you run an agency employing 10 agents how is that different from employing one agent?

That's not what I would have thought third party ownership was anyway. I thought that was more along the lines of someone funding a transfer, so say someone giving us the money to buy Jones, but they get the profit when he is sold on.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Interesting point. If you run an agency employing 10 agents how is that different from employing one agent?

That's not what I would have thought third party ownership was anyway. I thought that was more along the lines of someone funding a transfer, so say someone giving us the money to buy Jones, but they get the profit when he is sold on.
That is what third party ownership is, its banned now in the UK. Allardyce even says in the video you can't do that now.

He says the way around it is to employ the agent, and then every time the agents client is transferred or signs a new deal you get a cut of the agents fee instead of a cut of the transfer fee which you would in a third party ownership arrangement. He says with the value of player contracts now its still big money. Its not a way around third party ownership as such, its a way around making money and profiting from player transfers.

Like I say, the more I look at it. It doesn't even seem dodgy, all legit and above board but just greedy. The press just constantly report that allardyce advises on how to get around third party ownership and it gets repeated and headlined until it becomes fact.

Users who are viewing this thread