Allergies after quitting smoking (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

So I developed adult onset asthma but carried on smoking , and after a health issue in January I quit smoking after 23 years .. to put it simply , I cannot breath over the last 2 weeks and the only thing helping is anti histamines..

I've NEVER had allergies that I'm aware of but have read that smoking can mask allergies ?

Anybody develop allergies after quitting the cigarettes

Brighton Sky Blue

So I developed adult onset asthma but carried on smoking , and after a health issue in January I quit smoking after 23 years .. to put it simply , I cannot breath over the last 2 weeks and the only thing helping is anti histamines..

I've NEVER had allergies that I'm aware of but have read that smoking can mask allergies ?

Anybody develop allergies after quitting the cigarettes

I wouldn't have thought so-though if anti histamines are helping it sounds like hay fever

TomRad85

Dunno about the smoking mate but a lot of people's hayfever has been going into overdrive recently, including mine. I cough like I smoke 50 a day unless I take both the tablets and the nasal spray.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Blind-Faith

Also quit smoking in January after 20 years. This is also the first year I’ve had to take anti histamines aswell, I’ve always had sinus issues and taken nasal sprays but my sniffing has gone through the absolute roof this summer so I’m going to put that down to the pollen!

Also would like to point out I’ve never even tried cocaine before any of the comedians jump on this 😉

skybluetony176

Dunno about the smoking mate but a lot of people's hayfever has been going into overdrive recently, including mine. I cough like I smoke 50 a day unless I take both the tablets and the nasal spray.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Same. Had hay fever all my life (and asthma) and the last two weeks have been about as bad as can remember it at any point in my life.

Sick Boy

Yes, I developed an allergy to cats. We always used to have cats growing up and I never had problems until stopping smoking.

Saddlebrains

My Asthma and hay fever is a joke this year

Never usually need my blue inhaler but its been once a day

This year hay fever is obscene for some reason

clint van damme

My Asthma and hay fever is a joke this year

Never usually need my blue inhaler but its been once a day

This year hay fever is obscene for some reason

I normally suffer quite badly but Ive not been too bad this year yet a lot of people saying what your saying that it's a bad year. Piled a few pounds on recently as well which usually exasperates things but I've been ok.

PurpleBin

Not linked to smoking but I always take one antihistamine a day, even in winter. I heard the other day that apparently, they only last a few hours so you're meant to take a few a day to keep the effects up all day...was total news to me but it helps.

PurpleBin

Think I'm considered one of these "closet Liverpool fans" tbf. Not closeted very well tbf.

Cut me open and I bleed red.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Not linked to smoking but I always take one antihistamine a day, even in winter. I heard the other day that apparently, they only last a few hours so you're meant to take a few a day to keep the effects up all day...was total news to me but it helps.

Not sure you should take more than one a day, the recommendation is usually for one on the boxes i think?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I wonder if the increased severity of hayfever is due to more 'greening' of spaces and wildflower meadows? More flowers = more pollen.

Users who are viewing this thread