Amusing little life stories (1 Viewer)

Otis

Share them here.

Yesterday I took the puppy to the park. She is going through a stage of running off after other dogs to play and will run over 150 metres away to go and play and I struggle to get her back.

Have to keep apologising to everyone. She jumps up (very friendly) at everyone and wants fuss and to play.

Yesterday she went up to some old corgi dog and tried to play with the dog, who wasn't particularly interested. The owner was a sweet old lady. I apologised and she said it was fine and we got to talking. We had a lovely chat and she seemed so, so sweet, but then she told me her dog used to run off to and I asked what she did to rectify it.

She said 'One day I got quite annoyed and I tracked her down.'

'And when you caught up with her you gave her a big telling off?' I asked.

'Oh no' she replied. quite animatedly. 'I picked her up and shook her and shook her until she was frightened out of her wits. She's never done it again since.'

It took me aback, because it was so out of kilter with our conversation and everything else she had chatted about was all very sweet and polite. She seemed like she wouldn't harm a fly. It was like she was a different person for those mere few seconds.

Anyway, the conversation returned to niceities for a couple of minutes and we were talking dogs abnd training them once again and she then suddenly said 'Have you heard of Shakers?' I thought she was talking about a dog training school, but she said 'No, you know, I have an old boiled sweet tin and I fill it with dired peas.'

'Oh, I'm with you' says I, 'like a recall tool. So what do you is that if she runs off you rattle the shaker to get her back?'

'No' says the sweet old lady. ' If she goes to run off I throw the tin at her!'

I couldn't help but grin. She seemed so sweet, but then the actions of her seemed so cruel.

It did make my day though, the story.

Gazolba

She probably shook her kids when they were little too. They probably all have brain damage now.

Otis

She probably shook her kids when they were little too. They probably all have brain damage now.
Funnily enough, I did see a Child Brain Injury Trust minibus in the car park when I walked back to my car.

Nick

Administrator
The tin with stuff in works well to make them.snap out of something when they won't listen

bringbackrattles

Share them here.

Yesterday I took the puppy to the park. She is going through a stage of running off after other dogs to play and will run over 150 metres away to go and play and I struggle to get her back.

Have to keep apologising to everyone. She jumps up (very friendly) at everyone and wants fuss and to play.

Yesterday she went up to some old corgi dog and tried to play with the dog, who wasn't particularly interested. The owner was a sweet old lady. I apologised and she said it was fine and we got to talking. We had a lovely chat and she seemed so, so sweet, but then she told me her dog used to run off to and I asked what she did to rectify it.

She said 'One day I got quite annoyed and I tracked her down.'

'And when you caught up with her you gave her a big telling off?' I asked.

'Oh no' she replied. quite animatedly. 'I picked her up and shook her and shook her until she was frightened out of her wits. She's never done it again since.'

It took me aback, because it was so out of kilter with our conversation and everything else she had chatted about was all very sweet and polite. She seemed like she wouldn't harm a fly. It was like she was a different person for those mere few seconds.

Anyway, the conversation returned to niceities for a couple of minutes and we were talking dogs abnd training them once again and she then suddenly said 'Have you heard of Shakers?' I thought she was talking about a dog training school, but she said 'No, you know, I have an old boiled sweet tin and I fill it with dired peas.'

'Oh, I'm with you' says I, 'like a recall tool. So what do you is that if she runs off you rattle the shaker to get her back?'

'No' says the sweet old lady. ' If she goes to run off I throw the tin at her!'

I couldn't help but grin. She seemed so sweet, but then the actions of her seemed so cruel.

It did make my day though, the story.
The old lady reminds me of my nan who was a sweet gentle soul. Me and my sister as kids would go to her house in Meriden with our parents and spend the whole day there. She would spoil us both and we loved her to bits. Then on a Saturday afternoon the wrestling would come on the telly,and it was very popular at that time and we would all gather round to watch it. Then we would witness my little six stone wet nan turn in to a screaming banshee as she would wave a fist at the baddie in the ring ! Me and my sister loved it but my mum and dad would be telling nan to calm down,but to no avail as she would jump about with the odd swear word coming out. She changed in front of our eyes,she looked like she wanted to get in the ring and wrestle Mick McManus or Jackie Pallo. But as soon as it was over she would return to her normal gentle self and make the tea. I loved our Saturdays when we went there especially when the grappling came on !

Otis

The old lady reminds me of my nan who was a sweet gentle soul. Me and my sister as kids would go to her house in Meriden with our parents and spend the whole day there. She would spoil us both and we loved her to bits. Then on a Saturday afternoon the wrestling would come on the telly,and it was very popular at that time and we would all gather round to watch it. Then we would witness my little six stone wet nan turn in to a screaming banshee as she would wave a fist at the baddie in the ring ! Me and my sister loved it but my mum and dad would be telling nan to calm down,but to no avail as she would jump about with the odd swear word coming out. She changed in front of our eyes,she looked like she wanted to get in the ring and wrestle Mick McManus or Jackie Pallo. But as soon as it was over she would return to her normal gentle self and make the tea. I loved our Saturdays when we went there especially when the grappling came on !

My gran used to like wrestling too.

Unfortunately she used to do it in jello, topless.

Users who are viewing this thread