An interesting stat about a settled first 11 (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Just saw this:

l1-most-used-xi-2016-12-31.png

Captain Dart

Note we just lost 2 of those most regular players, McCann & Sordell.

tisza

comes as no surprise.
Drives me batty.
Happened too much last couple of seasons particularly with strikers.
No wonder some of these strikers don't settle if they're constantly in and out of the side. What's wrong with having a 1st choice partnership and using sub appearances if necessary?
Got to wonder whether some of these loan contracts have guaranteed minutes/appearances in them.

Esoterica

comes as no surprise.
Drives me batty.
Happened too much last couple of seasons particularly with strikers.
No wonder some of these strikers don't settle if they're constantly in and out of the side. What's wrong with having a 1st choice partnership and using sub appearances if necessary?
Got to wonder whether some of these loan contracts have guaranteed minutes/appearances in them.
Higher division clubs hoovering up young players then loaning them out and insisting they get game time so that they develop drives me crazy.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. People can rightly blame sisu for a lot of bad, but you cannot ignore a set of stats like this which point directly at the management. Looking at this and the transfer window, it makes you wonder about TM and MV even more.

Last season JOB and Ruben were actually two of our better players earlier in the year. He tinkers with the team, (if anything keeps players in the team that were the ones actually underperforming) and things start going to shit. I mean, how are players supposed to keep any kind of form or morell?

Player selection cost us last year for sure, this season it has probably made a weak team even weaker.

rupert_bear

And the worst culprits were the "experienced" ex Prem duo Mowbray and Venus, did they ever select the same team twice ?

st john

Surely Wright was not in our most used X!?!
It looks like the most used eleven based on position, so, for example assuming Burge has played more games than Wright, he still wouldn't appear on the list. So the only players who could realistically knock Wright off the list are Thomas and Tudgay.

Chip Batch

So generally, the teams that win games at this level tend to pick the same team for the next game. Where-as the teams that lose more, tend to change things in search of Improvements.

Well I never...

Chip Batch

In all seriousness though, I'd have thought that's fairly standard. Although it cost us last year with Murphy and Armstrong suffering from fatigue (in my opinion).

Users who are viewing this thread