Andy Thorn's Sky Blue Army (1 Viewer)

RansonRarrr

Have to admit I was one of the supporters that was sorry to see Aidy go and I was a bit dissapointed when we didn't appoint a wel known manager but.....

After Wintnessing some beautiful football against Watford and the performance last night against Pompey I am one of those wanting Thorn signed up to an extended contract.

He seems to have installed a new confidence in the players and we are scoring goals goals and more goals.

Looking forward to Milwall game now to watch us play attractive football!

PUSB!! :claping hands:

illphil80

Here, Here!

He should definitely get the job, there are no other realistic targets out there other than out of jobs losers like Brian Laws and co. He's a scout and has shown he can find a player, has maybe brought a little of the crazy gang Wimbledon spirit to the team, playing nice football. And saw someone point out what Watford and Reading are doing with unknown managers brought up from within.

Please Cov dont make another Eric Black for big name Peter Reid mistake again.

kg82

Give hime the job!!! Speaks sense, plays the right way, players love him, knows what the fans want...

smileycov

Facebook User
Whole heartedly aggree, the same team that played under AB is now playing great, entertaining and attacking football. We look like a side that hold no fear whenever we take to the pitch. Even when winning under AB, we never played like this. I did like Aidy and i wont pretend i wanted him gone, but boy what a turnaround........please dont F**K it up by going for a "name" give Andy the chance of pre-season and lets see what we can do. Maybe he can bring the best out of players, so not having bundles of cash will not matter. (blackpool did it with reletive unknown's and cheap players). Can not wait for the Lions sat now.

PUSB

Rich

Got to agree with you there. I just hope that if he does get the job and falls flat on his face next season when SISU don't make funds/players available, then he does not get sacked for not pulling off the impossible.
I'm impressed with the enetertaining football and more importantly, the results at present.

PUATSB
(play up Andy Thorns sky blues)​

smileycov

Facebook User
I hope we can get a big crowd in on saturday, and start chanting his name....maybe the board will listen then (if someone tells them, as no one attends anyhow :whistle:)

Rich

It would be nice to get a big crowd in. I'm really excited to see it. Was at Leicester last night and they looked pants. It'd make for a great week to watch Leicester go down the Pan and CCFC making a late charge for mid table. I'd love to finish above the Foxes.

rocky

it shows that you dont need a big name manager . as long as he gives the players belief and confidence which is what i think eric black also did

rob9872

My concern (and I hope I'm wrong) is can he be worked out and does he have the skill set to change it if required? He has given the players freedom, they are confident and expressing themselves, albeit that we are not playing any of the top sides.

It's great to watch and I don't want to put a dampner on things as it's refreshing after all we've seen, but will 'gung-ho' be a long term failing? If it was that easy I'm sure experienced managers would be doing it more often too.

I hope its not just a new manager honeymoon period that we are enjoying. At the start of the season Clive Platt looked a revelation for a while and I couldn't understand how he had not been tried at this level previously, but defenders quickly worked him out and he looked like an imobile lump pretty quickly.

I play some poker and I would rather sit with a table full of pros and than a table of novices. That analogy may sound odd, but the pros are far more predictable because they generally play the game the right way. Could his niave tactics have thrown the opposition at the moment?

If it does work, RR should be given the credit and not the current board. Admittedly it is luck that it has worked out so far because if it had all gone wrong, the easy answer was "we need a proper manager, not this guys fault he's only a scout" but it was RR who put him in place before his departure.

I'm right behind him or whoever is in charge and I understand there is a wave of optimism behind him so I hope he is given a shot, but I still think we should reserve our judgement and remain optimistically cautious.

sotv1987

What we also forget is that he's getting the best out of a team that is still ravaged with injuries, give him the job with a full squad and a couple of quality signings in the summer and who know what the future holds, SISWHO must also back him to keep what quality we have at the moment PUSB

rob9872

You would think so although that also includes some duds too and if you consider our best three plyers this year (imo) Westwood, King and Turner he would have had little if any input in those.

kg82

Rob, it's a great point and I was thinking similar but to be honest he's shown he can play with a different team shape (against Burnley it was 4-3-3) although similar tactics. For a man taking his first steps in management I don't think you can ask for anymore than he's given, although I completely understand your caution (This is Coventry). He's turned players like Bell and Juke into proper players in that space of time also. Miraculous really.

What I was really thinking was, why was he put in charge? You would expect when a manager disappears for the assistant manager or 1st team coach to take temporary charge and if not them then the reserve team manager or youth team manager! So why the chief scout? Weird decision but a beautiful one so far!

rob9872

Totally agree KG, I want to point out that I'm 100% in favour and absolutely not knocking him however it might have come accross, but I'm just trying not to get too carried away and expect too much. As I said, its part down to the fact of teh rubbish and negativity that was served up to us with unwanted regularity.

kg82

Don't backtrack now Rob!!! Nah, I can see you're behind AT just being cautious, which is completely understandable.

rob9872

lol kg :D :D

smileycov

Facebook User
It will be interesting on saturday as Sheffers is out with knee injury. So will he change it completly or try to play the same with someone else in his place?

He may shuffle the pack and show he is no 1 trick pony, but more than anything i am loving the fact that the same players look 2 leagues above how they were playing.
If King is convinced to stay (and the board allow it) possibly gunnar too, then i still think this squad all fit is good enough to do the job.
However in my heart i think King will be chased in the summer and his desire will see him go.

Coventry La La La

It will be interesting on saturday as Sheffers is out with knee injury. So will he change it completly or try to play the same with someone else in his place?

He may shuffle the pack and show he is no 1 trick pony, but more than anything i am loving the fact that the same players look 2 leagues above how they were playing.
If King is convinced to stay (and the board allow it) possibly gunnar too, then i still think this squad all fit is good enough to do the job.
However in my heart i think King will be chased in the summer and his desire will see him go.

Play Baker at the tip of the Diamond

Keogh, Cranie, Cameron, Hussey
Clingan
Bell, Gunnarsson
Baker
Jutkieiwcz King

The Reverend Skyblue

Why go for all of the out of work serial managers sitting on the ex managers dole queue, they've lost there job for a reason,there not good enough,so give an totally new man the job and see what he can do.
Andy Thorn maybe the next Alex Ferguson for all we know, and there's only one way to find out.The players seem rejuvenated and happy, and anyone happy in there work works better than someone miserable.Being happy turns into team spirit,which is so vitally important ,and it seems we have that now,with the players looking like they would run through a brick wall for AT.
So give AndyThorn a go SISU, if youre in charge still next season,and if it is someone else in charge, listen to the fans, we're fed up with no hope,no future, with all these managers that go around the football manager merrygoround,give someone new & unknown a go, GIVE ANDY THORN A GO.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

I reckon it will be Baker in the hole Saturday, but Sheff has been our star man since Thorn took over. But Millwall will miss Morrison just as much.

I also think I was the 1st to make the Black comparison (gold purse out of a sows ear was the overwhelming feeling I got from the Burnley showing), and I also made the point early on that internal appointments worked for Watford & Reading. You can add a host of other lower league examples too, like Howe at Bournemouth. It's something to do with already knowing the players I suppose, which Thorn is a major example of given that he was key to signing them.

I'd say he was partly behind the Westwood signing. I'm pretty sure RR had said "find me the best GK, LB & CB in League 1". Boy did he get those 3 right! Wheras Coleman was behind Freddy (nearly signed him @Fulham) & Clinton (old Palace buddy). Hussey is blatantly one of Thorns, too. King, O'Donovan & Platt are clearly Aidy buys, but that doesn't mean AT can't get the best out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread