Anno 2070 (1 Viewer)

scroobiustom

Anyone else here play it?

I've got it through Uplay and added as a non-steam into steam.

This morning it has just started to crash my computer, had it for weeks with no problems any solution/ ideas?

much love x

Marty

I was considering buying it this weekend, was on steam for a tenner or so. Looks a fantastic game, almost futuristic version of Sim City. My next PC game will be Sim City, when they can be bothered to fix it. :censored:

Sorry this post didn't help in anyway. :p

Tad

I was considering buying it this weekend, was on steam for a tenner or so. Looks a fantastic game, almost futuristic version of Sim City. My next PC game will be Sim City, when they can be bothered to fix it. :censored:

Sorry this post didn't help in anyway. :p

You should know,

Technically when you buy Sim City your only renting it from them. The game requires a Internet connection for the DRM (the game constantly checks with EA's servers if its a legal version or not). The problem there is, as soon as EA turn off those servers, the game won't work. Also, people have complained about in-game stuff found in its programming unavailable. Knowing what EA are like, they've probably got micro transactions on the way to unlock these features..

Can't bloody stand EA. They truly are the worst publisher out there. I've refused to buy any of their games till they start treating us better. Bought Tropicol 4 instead on Sim City. Just as much fun :)

Last edited:

Marty

You should know,

Technically when you buy Sim City your only renting it from them. The game requires a Internet connection for the DRM (the game constantly checks with EA's servers if its a legal version or not). The problem there is, as soon as EA turn off those servers, the game won't work. Also, people have complained about in-game stuff found in its programming unavailable. Knowing what EA are like, they've probably got micro transactions on the way to unlock these features..

Can't bloody stand EA. They truly are the worst publisher out there. I've refused to buy any of their games till they start treating us better. Bought Tropicol 4 instead on Sim City. Just as much fun :)

Yeah, I know that already, It's a pain in the arse the DRM, but the modding scene will have that sorted that within a few weeks (if it isn't already done) I'd have thought. It's bullshit how EA are treating their customers like crap, the endless DLC (first in game DLC is already available in sim city (which costs $15 for one building :mad:)). While idiots are still willing to support them through micro transactions then it'll never stop. I've never once paid for DLC & never will, but I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle and will give in eventually.

I remember when games use to be complete and the finished product, now they are pritty much released as a beta with a a patch within a week or so of release.

I was looking at Tropico 4, I used to love the first one but didn't get on with number 3 and it put me off the series.

scroobiustom

I'm getting Sim City on payday, looks like they've fixed the server issues etc

also resolved my anno prob, by doing a system restore, very very strange

ajsccfc

They've improved the server issues in SimCity, but I wouldn't say fixed completey yet. It still has the problem of city plot sizes being miniscule and the games AI being stupid (there are youtube videos of traffic jamming a short dirt road instead of using a longer empty highway, the citizens you can 'follow' actually just go to the nearest job/house rather than being simulated, etc)

I'd give it until they patch the initial problems to see if that fixes what's basically an incomplete title.

Tad

Yeah, I know that already, It's a pain in the arse the DRM, but the modding scene will have that sorted that within a few weeks (if it isn't already done) I'd have thought. It's bullshit how EA are treating their customers like crap, the endless DLC (first in game DLC is already available in sim city (which costs $15 for one building :mad:)). While idiots are still willing to support them through micro transactions then it'll never stop. I've never once paid for DLC & never will, but I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle and will give in eventually.

I remember when games use to be complete and the finished product, now they are pritty much released as a beta with a a patch within a week or so of release.

I was looking at Tropico 4, I used to love the first one but didn't get on with number 3 and it put me off the series.

A lot of the things in the new Sim City are already in the game just hidden away and locked till they've got more money out of you. I think its quite disgusted that they can get away with personally. They damaged Dead Space 3 with stuff like this too..

Users who are viewing this thread