Another Head Scramble. (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

skybluetony176

I tell you what I did find out and found interesting the other week. The artic and Antarctic circles aren’t fixed, they are constantly moving. Reason being that the earth’s axis isn’t fixed. It constantly pivots by about 4 degrees IIRC, 2 degrees in either direction over hundreds of thousands of years. The circles are basically set by an area that has at least a one day period of 24 hours of total darkness in the winter and 24 hours of daylight in the summer. At the moment the earth is pivoting so that the circles are migrated North. When we get to the end of that pivot we’ll start pivoting back so the circles will start migrating south again.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Here's something else , alot of the stars you see In the sky you are seeing in the past ,or are no longer there
I've always thought about if you were millions of light years away with an incredibly powerful telescope you'd be able to see dinosaurs roaming about.

Think of the mysteries we could solve if we could do that. Who was Jack the Ripper? Did Jesus actually exist? Where the fuck did I put my keys?

skybluetony176

Another interesting fact I found out the other week is that the part of planet earth that travels nearest to the sun and moon isn’t Everest despite it being the highest point on the planet. The earth isn’t a perfect sphere, it bulges at the equator so the part of the planet that gets nearest is a volcano in Central America, Tajumulco IIRC.

dutchman

I tell you what I did find out and found interesting the other week. The artic and Antarctic circles aren’t fixed, they are constantly moving. Reason being that the earth’s axis isn’t fixed.
And also this is the only period in history that the Earth has had TWO polar ice-caps. In fact, except during a so-called "Ice Epoch" like the one we're experiencing now, it doesn't even have one polar ice cap.

Users who are viewing this thread