Another Nice..but this time in Berlin (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

HAHA! Read the two bits in bold and then explain how you aren't being a massive hypocrite.

Not remotely hypocritical, you for one are a proud left winger. You wouldn't argue if someone called you that. The difference is that whilst of course the right wing exsists, anyone who doesn't agree with the left is branded as right wing no matter how moderate their views are.

I can't say I'm shocked that once again you have chosen to try and belittle others rather than make any valid points. A standard trait of the progressive left now when one has run out of arguments.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Yes, she could have been less naive and shown who is boss...... as Erdogan is doing. He is certainly no naive liberal leftie. His security is coming on a bundle...... oh wait......... perhaps not.....

Why are you trying to divert the attention?

Merkel and her philosophy has failed, you can't sugar coat that either way.

clint van damme

I'm not, haven't even read all the thread, just clicked on it and your post was the first unread one which was so funny I had to reply, label someone left wing OK, label some on right wing it' a slur. You couldn't make it up!

I don't know enough about German politics to form an opinion either way on Merkel.

martcov

Merkel's policy hasn't failed. The last thing in Berlin had nothing to do with Merkel. Munich and near Stuttgart were also nothing to do with Merkel - Munich was born here and Stuttgart was a relationship drama. Amri was in Italy from 2011. in comparison to Erdogan's right wing - almost- dictatorship, Germany has had very little terrorism.
Maybe because Germany is tolerant?

Sick Boy

Not remotely hypocritical, you for one are a proud left winger. You wouldn't argue if someone called you that. The difference is that whilst of course the right wing exsists, anyone who doesn't agree with the left is branded as right wing no matter how moderate their views are.

I can't say I'm shocked that once again you have chosen to try and belittle others rather than make any valid points. A standard trait of the progressive left now when one has run out of arguments.

You have openly said that you admire Tommy Robinson/EDL....how very moderate of you.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You have openly said that you admire Tommy Robinson/EDL....how very moderate of you.

No, admire are your words.

All I've said is that when he talks about the issues with Islam, he knows what he's talking about. Nothing more or less.

This was directly after someone in this thread quoted him and his entourage, questioning how they managed to know who the attackers were before the authorities admitted it. Thus proving my point.

Again, any real debating points from you, or just belittling comments because you've got nothing?

Sick Boy

No, admire are your words.

All I've said is that when he talks about the issues with Islam, he knows what he's talking about. Nothing more or less.

This was directly after someone in this thread quoted him and his entourage, questioning how they managed to know who the attackers were before the authorities admitted it. Thus proving my point.

Again, any real debating points from you, or just belittling comments because you've got nothing?

There isn't really anything worth debating with someone who thinks Robinson/the EDL know what they're talking about.

Despite your silent majority conspiracy, you're very much in the minority on this one. Most people seem him for what he is, a nasty bigoted thug.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

There isn't really anything worth debating with someone who thinks Robinson/the EDL know what they're talking about.

Despite your silent majority conspiracy, you're very much in the minority on this one. Most people seem him for what he is, a nasty bigoted thug.

Not worth debating, or not able to debate?

The fact is, I agree with you, he's a nasty thug and I don't like him. I'm honest enough to say when it comes to some things he is clued up though.

martcov

Robinson is no more clued up than most people who follow what is going on and spend time reading past the headlines.

Tends to hang around with Christians who, if they followed their religion to the letter, would be no better ( see European history).

Some Christians would gladly set fire to refugee homes or send hate messages, or join marches against other similar religions. Just look at the discussions on Facebook or AfD politicians in Germany.

I don't give him any credit for anything.

Just a yob and a fraudster.

And, back to my other post, how come the likes of him, ( Bachmann, his German mate ), knew the driver in Berlin was a Tunisian whilst the Pakistani was still being questioned? Very good insider information. Internal investigation of the security services is ongoing.

shmmeee

You've proved my point; seemingly unable to accept that the left's heroes aren't OK and instead attacking the left's villains; you've come back with the stereotypical left wing dogma:

- Very few feminists are doing anything about muslim repression of women. The silence is deafening. We hear plenty about patriarchy in the west however.
- Muslim good; Jew bad (Animal Farm). Both sides are bad in my opinion.
- Fight the Tories. Don't work with the Tories. Don't listen to what they say and make intelligent contributions. Don't understand the rationale of what they are trying to do and accept that there are many ways to improve the country and I don't have a golden opinion. Fight them; disagree with them; pigeon hole them; hate them; make generalisations; accept the mantra; everything is black or white. In my opinion they are the party that is most likely to bring greater wealth to the entire country just now. I don't care what school someone went to, I care about what they say and what they do.
- It is not naive. It is easy to stick to the mantra that it's a global recession and Tony Blair's fault. However in practice the recession was caused by two countries: the USA and the UK - the two biggest financial centres by a country mile. Greenspan and Brown and his disingenuous friend Balls - they did all the damage. I wish that Blair had the power to stand up to Brown but he didn't. This is something we could discuss in a thread all of its own and we have in the past.
- "Nasty" was the operative word I intended. For sure there are some nasty racists everywhere; but my point is the 'nasty' accusation - disagree with me and you're nasty. Vote to leave the EU and you're nasty. Try and balance the economy and you're nasty.

This post has so much ignorance it's unbelievable.

FGM and women's rights in Muslim communities has been a left wing issue for fucking years!

No one says Jews are bad apart from the far left, which is the same as the far right. If you're going to tar the whole left, you have to tar the whole right. I mean for fucks sake Nigel Farage used to sing "Gas them all" at school and Breitbart is a blatantly anti-semetic publication (see Steve Bannon's comments). There is no equivalent left wing figure with similar views.

That's just politics. And I've heard loads of Labour and Tory MPs agree, just on Friday on AQ Alan Johnson and Anna Soubrey <sp?> were in total agreement about all kinds of things. If you think they just oppose each other, you don't pay attention to politics. Look at the cross-party report on integration, fixed odds betting terminals, etc. etc. etc. Give me an hour on Google and I could find thousands on cases of cross-party work. Just because you don't see it on the news or hear it on PMQs doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

The GFC was caused by greed and poor business practice. Should Blair and Brown have regulated more? In hindsight obviously, were the Tories pushing for more or less regulation at the time? Far far less. Gordon Brown is widely recognised across the international community as having been a key figure in making sure it didn't get far worse by acting quickly to sure up the markets. That's why our economy was growing again post crash until 2010, remind me what happened there again?

I wouldn't use the word "nasty" for the right, more like "stupid". You seem to believe any old nonsense you're told (like they're "balancing the economy" when every piece of evidence goes against that assertion). You buy simple answers to complex problems.

mrtrench

So if I disagree with you I'm ignorant, naive, buy simple answers, I'm stupid and I believe anything I'm told? You deduced all that without even knowing me. I'm surprised I'm not nasty too. I'd ask you to do just one thing: take a look at the values that the left is supposed to hold and then appraise the mobs chanting "Tory scum". Look at all the horrible things written by left-wing fans on social media and also, dare I suggest, look how easily you can dismiss everything I say by assuming I'm stupid. Google "Fight the Tories" and see how many hits you get which are completely non-specific to any issue - just fight them! Stop for a second and imagine that I'm not stupid and the next time you hear something from Diane Abbot and her ilk considered if it's balanced and true. The NHS for example - is it true that Labour is fantastic and the Conservatives terrible? Do the remarks really stack up or is it rhetoric?

We are talking in generalisations. Of course some left activists take a more balanced view on Israel/Palestine & some feminists mention some of the appalling treatment of women by some Muslims. But is that the norm or are far more, for example, whinging about someone being called a chairman rather than a chairperson? Are they many posts on social media about killing men? I used to be a big fan of Pussy Riot. I don't follow them any more after they posted "Kill the Patriarchs".

I've little doubt you won't do any of these things, because I assume you are a fan, and fans don't like to think independently.

clint van damme

So if I disagree with you I'm ignorant, naive, buy simple answers, I'm stupid and I believe anything I'm told? You deduced all that without even knowing me. I'm surprised I'm not nasty too. I'd ask you to do just one thing: take a look at the values that the left is supposed to hold and then appraise the mobs chanting "Tory scum". Look at all the horrible things written by left-wing fans on social media and also, dare I suggest, look how easily you can dismiss everything I say by assuming I'm stupid. Google "Fight the Tories" and see how many hits you get which are completely non-specific to any issue - just fight them! Stop for a second and imagine that I'm not stupid and the next time you hear something from Diane Abbot and her ilk considered if it's balanced and true. The NHS for example - is it true that Labour is fantastic and the Conservatives terrible? Do the remarks really stack up or is it rhetoric?

We are talking in generalisations. Of course some left activists take a more balanced view on Israel/Palestine & some feminists mention some of the appalling treatment of women by some Muslims. But is that the norm or are far more, for example, whinging about someone being called a chairman rather than a chairperson? Are they many posts on social media about killing men? I used to be a big fan of Pussy Riot. I don't follow them any more after they posted "Kill the Patriarchs".

I've little doubt you won't do any of these things, because I assume you are a fan, and fans don't like to think independently.

your whole argument seems to be based around stuff written on social media and the internet where as my hatred of the tories stems from actions and policies they've carried out which have resulted in causing people actual harm and distress.

mrtrench

your whole argument seems to be based around stuff written on social media and the internet where as my hatred of the tories stems from actions and policies they've carried out which have resulted in causing people actual harm and distress.

Thanks for that; yes, I never read or watch the news. I've never watched Question Time or similar and I've never researched an issue to try and form my opinion for myself - probably because I'm stupid and naive. Carry on hating if that's what makes you happy.

EDIT: Go ahead, you guys have the last word. I certainly was stupid to engage in a debate on social media.

clint van damme

Thanks for that; yes, I never read or watch the news. I've never watched Question Time or similar and I've never researched an issue to try and form my opinion for myself - probably because I'm stupid and naive. Carry on hating if that's what makes you happy.

EDIT: Go ahead, you guys have the last word. I certainly was stupid to engage in a debate on social media.

I'm not saying any of that, I'm saying the tories and the right in general are in the process of implementing policies that cause real harm, a bit of sabre rattling by the left wing isn't really comparable in term of the harm caused.
But the right wing also have a (largely) compliant press to help them get the message across that left wing ire on facebook is somehow more harmful than withdrawing benefits from disabled people which is what allows them to get away with it.

Users who are viewing this thread