Another one gone (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Gene Wilder has died
Such a shame, Young Frankenstein is one of my favorite films

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Thought this was going to be another player being sold then when I seen it on Twitter! But then I realised, no one would buy any of our players

Back to the topic though, Is a shame. Such an iconic character. As soon as you see a photo everyone knows what movie it is! Even me and I don't really watch films!

Otis

No. Oh dear.

I loved him and first saw him in Blazing Saddles and then in the Producers and then Young Frankestein.

RIP. A very funny comic actor. Will be sadly missed.

Johnnythespider

I don't think I ever saw a film with him that I didn't like. Blazing saddles was the first film I saw at the pictures.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Otis

Yes, forgot about that. A really terrific film and the first time Wilder and Pryor were paired together.

He had such a uniqueness about him. I think it would be wrong to consider him one of the greats, that phrase is often overused, but he was unique, very talented and filled every inch of the screen when he was in shot.

Tremendous energy and charisma about him and once seen never forgotten.

I think as people look back it will be quite obvious just how many films he was in that we all know and love.

He was one of those that when I heard there was a film in which he was cast, it would be a film I'd very much want to see, so a box office draw for me.

Might well now just dig out The Producers, Blazing Saddles, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Young Frankenstein, Silver Streak and the Pryor star pairing movies and have a marathon session.

The man really left his mark on the history of movies.

RIP

Otis

I also just remembered two other films of his I really liked, Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sex, But Were Afraid To Ask and Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Younger Brother.

Must dig them out too.

Users who are viewing this thread