Another protest? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
As a fan base, we are so divided and its gutting. Some walk away to not return, some are holding on until they cant be bothered any more or when they have to decide to renew their season tickets or not, and we have the guy running the leading sky blues forum protesting at the protests.
When it contributes to us conceding goals it will divide even more.

torchomatic

ccfcway

not sure how the sit in contributed, but I do know what you mean in terms of some of the protests and the reprocussions they may have, directly or indirectly. Sadly, as opinions get more and more entrenched, this may just be the start of it.

Nick

Administrator
not sure how the sit in contributed, but I do know what you mean in terms of some of the protests and the reprocussions they may have, directly or indirectly. Sadly, as opinions get more and more entrenched, this may just be the start of it
The sit in didn't.

torchomatic

not sure how the sit in contributed.

It didn't but the whistles cost us two points. Bolton fans were booing the whistlers too, though I imagine they'll thank them now.

Grendel

torchomatic

Astute

That is the point some are missing.

The Sheffield United game was partly about blowing whistles. Nobody organising anything has said not to blow whistles anymore. People have bought whistles. They are still using them. Yet it is nothing to do with protesting.

We are still in a relegation battle. How many more points do we have to lose before more consideration is given to what we do? I just had a bad feeling about protesting today. As most will know I am usually 100% for them. But more thought and coordination is needed. Like today with the sit in.

Otis

Not today's protest, it was part of the last one that people continued. You cant say everybody blow your whistle in a game and then deny all knowledge the next when it carries on.
Nick, to be fair I would assume that people had whistles last game and used them to protest, but that some idiots today just thought it would be a good idea to take their whistles with them today for a 'bit of a laugh.'

Wouldn't be at all surprised that the whistles today we're just some idiots blowing them for a jolly jape and had nothing at all to do with protesting.

ccfc92

Nick, to be fair I would assume that people had whistles last game and used them to protest, but that some idiots today just thought it would be a good idea to take their whistles with them today for a 'bit of a laugh.'

Wouldn't be at all surprised that the whistles today we're just some idiots blowing them for a jolly jape and had nothing at all to do with protesting.

That's what the jimmy hill group have been tweeting anyway.

Otis

There is surely nothing to suggest that people were using the whistles as part of the protest.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

ccfc92

There is surely nothing to suggest that people were using the whistles as part of the protest.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

The Jimmy Hill Way ‏@TheJimmyHillWay 3m3 minutes ago
@_threeofclubs The whistles are nothing to do with us. Our protest was after the game.

The Jimmy Hill Way ‏@TheJimmyHillWay 1h1 hour ago
@skybluezam87 Nobody ever said they'd be a protest during the game

Please RT: Lawful sit-in protest in Block 16 at full time today. Keep #SisuOut chanting going. Obey any police instructions please #pusb c

The Jimmy Hill Way ‏@TheJimmyHillWay 4h4 hours ago
@Studio2Stereo Who said anything about interrupting the game? In fact we've said we are not planning anything that will do that

SkyBlue_Bear83

That's exactly what it was, the reason they started blowing the whistles was to try and put off the Bolton players when attacking. They thought it was a great idea and it backfired

Otis

The Jimmy Hill Way ‏@TheJimmyHillWay 3m3 minutes ago
@_threeofclubs The whistles are nothing to do with us. Our protest was after the game.

The Jimmy Hill Way ‏@TheJimmyHillWay 1h1 hour ago
@skybluezam87 Nobody ever said they'd be a protest during the game

Please RT: Lawful sit-in protest in Block 16 at full time today. Keep #SisuOut chanting going. Obey any police instructions please #pusb c

The Jimmy Hill Way ‏@TheJimmyHillWay 4h4 hours ago
@Studio2Stereo Who said anything about interrupting the game? In fact we've said we are not planning anything that will do that
Well yep.

Entirely wrong to blame today's result on the protest from the Sheff U match.

It's like idiots still letting off fireworks 7 or 8 days after Bonfire Night.

clint van damme

I think that's exactly what happened. Which makes those responsible even bigger cunts because there wasn't any purpose behind it and it's now the main after match talking point instead of disccusing a much improved performance.

Terry Gibson's perm

Did he blow the whistle when Lameries lost the ball in their half which started it all off?I felt Lameries just switched off for their goal but will look again later. To bring Lameries on at that stage was once of the worst decisions I have seen made there.

chiefdave

Whistles were given out for the last game, people were told there would be something happening after 75 mins. Idiot in block 16 starts blowing whistle. Nobody near the person in question, as far as I'm aware, made any attempt to stop them. Its as simple as that for me.

Does anyone really think if there hadn't been the whistle protest last game this idiot would still have taken a whistle to the game today?

This is exactly what i was talking about on another thread yesterday. Those leading the protests want to take all the credit but won't listen to any criticism. Its always 'not our fault'.
How many more points do we have to lose before more consideration is given to what we do?
Exactly, after the United game when the possibility of the protest leading to their goal came up it was all 'the result doesn't matter the protest is more important'. Now again today we've potentially lost 2 points thanks to an idiot blowing a whistle.

That's 4 points, will we still be saying they don't matter at the end of the season?

As for the sit in I struggle to see what it is supposed to achieve. There will be some overtime for the police and stewards, and that will end up being paid by the club. SISU won't give a toss if 100 people stay in block 16 all week let alone for a couple of hours after a game.

Astute

But if the previous protest hadn't included blowing whistles would you say that they would still have been blown today?

theferret

Did he blow the whistle when Lameries lost the ball in their half which started it all off?I felt Lameries just switched off for their goal but will look again later. To bring Lameries on at that stage was once of the worst decisions I have seen made there.

It was an odd substitution. He's the sort of player you bring on when chasing a game and trying to unlock a defence, rather than when defending a one goal lead. If they were looking for someone to be an outlet and catch them on the break, there were better options. Nothing against Ruben - just seemed a strange decision.

ccfc92

Whistles were given out for the last game, people were told there would be something happening after 75 mins. Idiot in block 16 starts blowing whistle. Nobody near the person in question, as far as I'm aware, made any attempt to stop them. Its as simple as that for me.

Does anyone really think if there hadn't been the whistle protest last game this idiot would still have taken a whistle to the game today?

This is exactly what i was talking about on another thread yesterday. Those leading the protests want to take all the credit but won't listen to any criticism. Its always 'not our fault'.

Exactly, after the United game when the possibility of the protest leading to their goal came up it was all 'the result doesn't matter the protest is more important'. Now again today we've potentially lost 2 points thanks to an idiot blowing a whistle.

That's 4 points, will we still be saying they don't matter at the end of the season?

As for the sit in I struggle to see what it is supposed to achieve. There will be some overtime for the police and stewards, and that will end up being paid by the club. SISU won't give a toss if 100 people stay in block 16 all week let alone for a couple of hours after a game.

3 points surely? :shy:

Astute

There is nothing wrong with a peaceful protest that doesn't affect the result. But fully agree with the rest.

Grendel

Well yep.

Entirely wrong to blame today's result on the protest from the Sheff U match.

It's like idiots still letting off fireworks 7 or 8 days after Bonfire Night.

Yeah like they also didn't organise the pitch invasion.

Ok let's see Mr Johnson publically disown the whistle blowers and tell them such behaviour is not befitting of a Coventry City fan.

chiefdave

There is nothing wrong with a peaceful protest that doesn't affect the result. But fully agree with the rest.
Nothing wrong with it just don't see what it is they hope to achieve. For me if we're going to protest we need specific aims and protests that will help achieve them.

No idea if this is correct or not, and I'm sure he can come on and tell us himself, but someone on twitter has identified Steve as the whistler.

Astute

Just being picky ;) :)
But it shows the importance of what has happened today. I could handle losing a point for the pitch invasion. It was in front of the cameras. But today......

ccfc92

But it shows the importance of what has happened today. I could handle losing a point for the pitch invasion. It was in front of the cameras. But today......

I know, I was agreeing. Just pointed out its 3 points lost, not 4 :)

Users who are viewing this thread