Another protest? (1 Viewer)

trevelfarandwide

How does blowing a poxy whistle and distracting players constitute as a protest anyway? Perhaps I'm missing the point on this, but it's entirely destructive and redundant as an actual method of protest.

My original protest plan of bullhorns, drums, and Sky Blue ski-masks en masse seems wholly plausible, suddenly...

Skybluefaz

It's people being the Richard Hammond to the Jimmy Hill Way's Jeremy Clarkson to use another thread as a metaphor. How do we think the players are thinking about the fans at the minute? It's going to be another obstacle for them to overcome when we know how tough their job is already.

Grendel

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

He should t be blowing it at all - hopefully will be banned.
I agree anybody who protests against our owners in whatsoever manner should be banned. Especially people who sit in for 15 minutes after a game that's sure to cost us points in the next game, frightened the hell out of the unused subs doing their warm downs, they were in tears so I understand.

Grendel

I agree anybody who protests against our owners in whatsoever manner should be banned. Especially people who sit in for 15 minutes after a game that's sure to cost us points in the next game, frightened the hell out of the unused subs doing their warm downs, they were in tears so I understand.

I'm talking only about people blowing whistles. Do you agree with me they have no place in a football ground and should be banned?

Yes or no?

clint van damme

How is criticising blowing whistles during the game anything to do with an after match sit in?

rob9872

I'm talking only about people blowing whistles. Do you agree with me they have no place in a football ground and should be banned?

Yes or no?

After some of the refs we've had, then most definitely!

saltaire bantam

It's been like watching a horror movie, reading this forum the past 3 years, remember all that Darlington & 1883 talk? There might be one division between you next year! We had 10 years of crap, each year finishing lower than the season before, it was a bad time but it's nowt to what you are going through. :(

Ashdown

I wouldn't relish sitting near a whistle blower I have to be honest but it's hard to condemn almost any protest after all that has been inflicted on the club. We will have far too many fans now who after a couple of improved performances will think there shouldn't be any protest but I suggest they have a little look at the general pattern over the last 7 years or so. New Manager takes some pressure off things with a few positive results, people forget briefly about overall demise, SISU carry on asset stripping, team falls apart and starts to lose again.......rinse and repeat until destruction. I'd like to bet that if Slade starts to turn things round it will be right at that point that SISU announce another court action of some kind when eyes are turned away temporarily.

Last edited:

cloughie

Glad I wasn't there because I'm not the biggest bloke and would probably have ended up getting my head kicked in.
It wasn't the whistle the ball was crossed over from a miss kick and confused them.
And just for clarity I am not a whistle blower

Astute

I wouldn't relish sitting near a whistle blower I have to be honest but it's hard to condone almost any protest after all that has been inflicted on the club. We will have far too many fans now who after a couple of improved performances will think their shouldn't be any protest but I suggest they have a little look at the general pattern over the last 7 years or so. New Manager takes some pressure off things with a few positive results, people forget briefly about overall demise, SISU carry on asset stripping, team falls apart and starts to lose again.......rinse and repeat until destruction. I'd like to bet that if Slade starts to turn things round it will be right at that point that SISU announce another court action of some kind when eyes are turned away temporarily.
Agreed. But read what most are saying. Keep it lawful, peaceful and don't do anything that can interfere with our players. We haven't got points on the board as a cushion and we certainly haven't got points to lose to the FL.

clint van damme

I wouldn't relish sitting near a whistle blower I have to be honest but it's hard to condone almost any protest after all that has been inflicted on the club. We will have far too many fans now who after a couple of improved performances will think their shouldn't be any protest but I suggest they have a little look at the general pattern over the last 7 years or so. New Manager takes some pressure off things with a few positive results, people forget briefly about overall demise, SISU carry on asset stripping, team falls apart and starts to lose again.......rinse and repeat until destruction. I'd like to bet that if Slade starts to turn things round it will be right at that point that SISU announce another court action of some kind when eyes are turned away temporarily.

A protest should unite the support, todays whistle blowing didn't and therefore it wasn't right.

The protesting needs to continue but thought needs to go into it.
The type of PR it generates is hugely important, all today has done has lead to bickering and took the shine of an improved on field performance.
sheff utd was great but you can't keep disrupting games so they need to come up with something a little bit different. The after game sit in wasn't a bad idea but all the fall out from the whistle malarkey has meant that no ones talking about it which is a shame and that's why this that did it need to apply a little bit more thought to what they're doing.

torchomatic

ajsccfc

NO if you watched it!!
Happened right in front of my block. Bolton player shanked it, two players hesitated as if play had stopped. It was surprising to see it carry on as I thought the ref had blew up also. There were a handful of whistles blown during the game but one in particular was very convincing. I think the referee had a word with Tudgay and their captain about it before a corner at one point also

dongonzalos

Protests that don't happen in the last few minutes when we are holding onto a result probably better. ;)

Unfortunately you can't guess the situation of a game when you arrange a protest.
Players say it makes no difference to them.
Whistles do as that is part of the bloody game.

Last edited:

cloughie

Will watch it in the morning. But I find it hard to believe that so many of our supporters could be wrong.
It wasn't meant as a put down but just how I seen it watching from behind the miss kick into the box:)

Brylowes

A protest should unite the support, todays whistle blowing didn't and therefore it wasn't right.

The protesting needs to continue but thought needs to go into it.
The type of PR it generates is hugely important, all today has done has lead to bickering and took the shine of an improved on field performance.
sheff utd was great but you can't keep disrupting games so they need to come up with something a little bit different. The after game sit in wasn't a bad idea but all the fall out from the whistle malarkey has meant that no ones talking about it which is a shame and that's why this that did it need to apply a little bit more thought to what they're doing.
But that's just it Clint, I don't think there was a protest involving whistles today, just
A few lone whistle blowers using the ones left over from SU game.

clint van damme

But that's just it Clint, I don't think there was a protest involving whistles today, just
A few lone whistle blowers using the ones left over from SU game.

I think you're right, which makes it all the more baffling that people are defending them whether they were responsible for the goal or not.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It wasn't a form of protest, it was a few people doing it everytime Bolton got near our area from about 60 minutes onwards. Obviously the intent was to put the Bolton attackers off but backfired.

Astute

It wasn't meant as a put down but just how I seen it watching from behind the miss kick into the box:)
Not bothered about put downs. Didn't see it as one. Couldn't make the game as started work 20 minutes after the game finished :( But I have heard enough to think that it did have at least a hand in the goal.

Users who are viewing this thread