Another Sickening News Story :( (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Usually quite cold with news stories, but this is sickening and it made me feel uncomfortable hearing about it on the news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-37863786

What he put that poor baby through, I hope he doesn't make it more than a couple of years after the other inmates have tortured him.

I couldn't be a prison guard, imagine having to stop somebody from getting at him and resisting looking away.

Nick

Administrator
People might disagree with the death penalty, but for things like this I can't see an issue with him being tortured for years.

Twisting a 2 week old baby's limbs so they snap ffs. It's horrible.

Nick

Administrator
Hate this sort of stuff, even more now being a dad. Poor thing...

Yeah, makes it even worse with kids of your own. :(
On the news they had a diagram with injuries, the poor baby had never known anything in life apart from pain.

Covstu

I can understand that babies can take you close to cracking but this just is just a case of torture.

shmmeee

Iwe have to realise that although it seems like there's been an increase is this shit, it's mostly because it gets taken seriously now and is well reported that it looks that way. Overall kids are treated better than ever, so don't get too down.

Stories are disgusting though. I have to do child protection training every year or so and the stuff you get told makes your blood boil. I can understand the feeling of wanting vengeance, especially as a Dad, but we are better than them.

Nick

Administrator
Was like the young polish lad in Coventry, they had him starving and feeding him salt and stuff.

I couldn't work in child protection as after getting the kids away from them i'd be hanging about late at night with a bat.

Otis

Iwe have to realise that although it seems like there's been an increase is this shit, it's mostly because it gets taken seriously now and is well reported that it looks that way. Overall kids are treated better than ever, so don't get too down.

Stories are disgusting though. I have to do child protection training every year or so and the stuff you get told makes your blood boil. I can understand the feeling of wanting vengeance, especially as a Dad, but we are better than them.
I agree.

I would have little sympathy if he got hurt, but I don't think we should advocate violence and I am totally opposed to the death sentence.

I do think he should be left to reflect upon his actions and have to live with them without any special privileges though.

I know everyone is different, but it would totally break me being imprisoned and without freedom to do what I like and love and without my family around me.

It's an awful, awful case and it is quite clear that some people are terrible parents and some are simply not ready to be patents.

There's too many of these sorts of stories you read about. It's heartbreaking. :(

bringbackrattles

I remember being in Winson Green in the 70's and saw what can happen to sex cases/nonces. Back then they weren't as protected as they are these days,and they'd get beat up on reception.And one or two screws would leave their door open for a couple of minutes and cons would lay into them. Not saying it was right and they got severely beaten,but prisons are not nice places to be and morals and respect aren't high on the agenda.

clint van damme

I agree.

I would have little sympathy if he got hurt, but I don't think we should advocate violence and I am totally opposed to the death sentence.

I do think he should be left to reflect upon his actions and have to live with them without any special privileges though.

I know everyone is different, but it would totally break me being imprisoned and without freedom to do what I like and love and without my family around me.

It's an awful, awful case and it is quite clear that some people are terrible parents and some are simply not ready to be patents.

There's too many of these sorts of stories you read about. It's heartbreaking. :(
so am I, but that belief gets sorely tested when I read about stuff like this.

bringbackrattles

I also recall a con who got beaten to a pulp and almost died from his injuries as someone falsely said he was a rapist. It turned out he wasn't so he nearly lost his life so that shows some cons just want to vent their violence on anyone without knowing what they're in for.

Sick Boy

Not proud of my past Dave but done a few sentences for fighting back then,but saw the light and been out of trouble for twenty odd years. Tell you what it has stopped me getting decent jobs,you are judged and it remains on your record forever.

I got locked up for a night for fighting back in my younger days and that was enough for me!

bringbackrattles

Fair play for turning things around, seems to be an increasingly rare thing.
To me its all in the past but it still pops up from time to time. Had an interview a few years ago for an assistant tutor job,as I went to college and got a teaching qualification. I was honest and told them about my past etc, and they were impressed with my openness. They offered me the job but said it was up to the principal or someone else as they only did the interviews. A week later got a letter saying as my prison sentences were for violence, they couldn't take the risk. I was gutted and gave up and been window cleaning since.All the studying was for nothing. But my family and friends have been proud of my transformation over the years, so that's better than nothing.

Otis

I don't think I would want a violent man anywhere near my windows. It's the first thing they smash when they're angry isn't it? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread