Anthony Andreu (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I wonder if Thomas was holding this one up?

I am delighted we have managed to get the signing of Tony over the line, it seems like we have been waiting a long time.

Mucca Mad Boys

If you consider that our squad needs 22 players, two for each position, then we are getting VERY near now:

GK - LOB, Burge (RCC seems to be on the way out)

RB - Grimmer, DKE
CB - McDonald, Willis, Hyam, Pearson
LB - Haynes, Stokes

AM/Wing - Jones, Vincenti, Andreu, Nazon
CM - Stevenson, Doyle, Kelly

CF/striker - Beavon, McNulty, Thomas, Biamou

OK so there are a few here who can play in different positions e.g. Stokes, Nazon, Biamou, but you do get the picture. I've left off the kids like Ponti, Shipley, Devon as am only counting experienced pros for the main first team squad with academy kids like that as additional emergency cover for our first team squad.

On that basis we need a CM and arguable another RB (given the DKE is still very youthful and Grimmer seems questionable), other than it seems like the recruitment job is done (for now). 12 new signings, take a bow MR. Now let's hope that the quantity also has quality!

I think we already have most bases covered. I'm sure Vincenti's first position is CM who can play RM/RB (unsure on RB exactly) so I imagine if Doyle or Kelly can't play he'll slot in there, plus Stevenson, Maycock and Shipley. I think we're covered here. I think our youngsters compliment the squad well enough to do a solid job if called upon in this league.

I think if we were to sign 1-2 more players, I'd probably snatch a winger, CB or possibly a striker if we're struggling for goals in the coming games.

I have been impressed with Robin's recruitment this summer and I do think all our bases are covered. It's worth noting MR has to keep this whole squad happy too.

Cavan O'Doherty

Somebody hold me!
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

Do you know what I've loved about this Summers transfer dealings...that they've been done in the background with no bollocks in the press weeks in advance, which would potentially scupper any deals.

MR and TW have gone about their business and we've only found out about the signings, once they've actually happened.

Bloody refreshing and I'm loving it.

woody11462

This is from my Dundee United supporting mate.

You've done well there. Best player last season by far. Just lost a little at the end as he was carrying the bus. We've still got the Edge and he is hopeless. Two left feet. Just got beat by Dundee last night so not on a a high. Anyway Andreu will bring the less talented lads into the game if the manager uses him right. Fingers crossed for the season Chris

skybluedan

Do you know what I've loved about this Summers transfer dealings...that they've been done in the background with no bollocks in the press weeks in advance, which would potentially scupper any deals.

MR and TW have gone about their business and we've only found out about the signings, once they've actually happened.

Watch out mate you'll be leaking again

hill83

Possible outcome of the club fucking the telegraph off?

fernandopartridge

You've done well there. Best player last season by far. Just lost a little at the end as he was carrying the bus. We've still got the Edge and he is hopeless. Two left feet. Just got beat by Dundee last night so not on a a high. Anyway Andreu will bring the less talented lads into the game if the manager uses him right. Fingers crossed for the season Chris

Don't let SBK hear you criticising the Edge

NortonSkyBlue

Can't disagree that it brilliant when a manager sets his stall and knows what he wants and works to build his team.
If he fails it's on his terms but I do feel that Robins is a leader and has been clear in his vision. With him in charge I can see some of the clouds have already dispersed and hopefully will disappear.

steve82

We got anymore info on him?
Can he take a free kick?

Users who are viewing this thread