Antivirus 2009 (1 Viewer)

Vixen

WTF is this shite??? It keeps popping up on my computer and I can't seem to get rid of the thing.

I have scanned my computer (have McFee) and even tried pop up blocker but it still comes through. When I click on it to get it off it opens up a bigger window and pretends to scan my computer, I then get a little warning box to warn me my computer is in danger and to download the latest software.

I already have McFee so I know my computer is fine but what is making it keep popping up on my screen?

Any help is really appreciated

thanks

Vixen

Thanks Nick but can I ask (rather stupidly) if this malware thing will have an effect on my McFee?

Also never had anything like this before is it a new thing, where does it come from?

I reckon this shite has come from IC I really do, everytime I log on there pop ups come from all over the place. That place is infected :D

Bunnykins

:eek: Vixen I'm having the same Trouble, I've not had pop-ups for ages I started getting them yesterday :(

Bunnykins

I've Sorted mine Now. phew.

I Went through all the Shite my daughters had Installed :evil: And uninstalled Them, I ran a Virus Check, a Anti-Spyware, De Fragged it etc.

It's Brill now AND alot quicker.

Thanks to Nick for Telling months ago how to do all of this :D

Mines Xp Window home Edition.

ccfc1987

anyone having problems with pop ups in vista

not sure you have problem so il put this post on its for vista
hope it helps

To change the Pop-up Blocker settings, follow these steps:
1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button
GetOpenContent.aspx
, and then clicking Internet Explorer.
2. Click the Tools button, click Pop-up Blocker, and then click Pop-up Blocker Settings.
3. Make the changes that you would like, and then click Close

Pop-up Blocker is turned on in Internet Explorer by default. To turn it off or to turn it on again if you've already turned it off, follow these steps:
1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button
GetOpenContent.aspx
, and then clicking Internet Explorer.
2. Click the Tools button, and then click Pop-up Blocker.
3. Do one of the following:
•To turn off Pop-up Blocker, click Turn Off Pop-up Blocker.
•To turn on Pop-up Blocker, click Turn On Pop-up Blocker.

https://windowshelp.microsoft.com/W...3df0e-c42b-4f47-8376-7e76950e8f241033.mspx#E3

Last edited:

Bunnykins

WTF is this shite??? It keeps popping up on my computer and I can't seem to get rid of the thing.

I have scanned my computer (have McFee) and even tried pop up blocker but it still comes through. When I click on it to get it off it opens up a bigger window and pretends to scan my computer, I then get a little warning box to warn me my computer is in danger and to download the latest software.

I already have McFee so I know my computer is fine but what is making it keep popping up on my screen?

Any help is really appreciated

thanks

I've now got Exactly The Same Thing it's taken me all day to even get into my p.c AND a '7.1 Security toolbar appeared OVER my Google Toolbar.':?

I'm going to try some of the advise suggested above.

Bunnykins

Dammn I can't see The Advise on the Forum as The Bloody thing is all over my Screen I'm sneaking this Reply in underneath AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHH

ccfc1987

just been on a site i use and came across this virus ways of getting rid of,,,,

http://www.precisesecurity.com/blogs/2008/06/26/antivirus-2009/

1. Download Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware (mbam-setup.exe) and save it on your [COLOR=#f26522! important][COLOR=#f26522! important]Desktop[/color][/color].
2. After downloading, double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install as “default” only
4. Before the installation completes, check on the following prompts:
- Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-[COLOR=#f26522! important][COLOR=#f26522! important]Malware[/color][/color]
- Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
5. Click “Finish.” Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
6. Scan your [COLOR=#f26522! important][COLOR=#f26522! important]computer[/color][/color] thoroughly.
7. When scanning is finished click on the “Show Results”
8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked, click on Remove Selected.
9. Restart your computer.

or this way

way to get rid of the antivirus 2009
you can delete the file containing the program, but first, enter the task manager, selest the processes tab and end the process of the antivirus 2009, you can easely find it, as it ends with 2009. when you select it, click end process. then, just delete the file in programs files and here you go, no more annoying alerts. i am giving you this alternative because the download of the uninstall program didn’t workout

Bunnykins

Managed to get the p.c on today. But it's Not working properly I'm getting lots and lots getting Security Alert pop-pops from Various Antivirus Sites. They are saying I've got Trogan horse, backdoor Trogan Malware, Spyware tc, And Anti-Virus lab 2009 keeps popoing up I'm not sure what to to to get Rid of them. Before this it was working perfectly I'm being to get that stressed with it I'm pulling my Hair out. The Thing is the pop-up's Cover the Screen and won't Click off so I can't get to anything underneath them if you see what I mean.

Jue
smile_thinking.gif
x x

snowcat

Id recommend to download the free version of AVG to protect yourself from viruses like this.

sadly commercial anti-viruses don't stand up to viruses as well, as they are not updated as regularly

ccfc1987

update your anti virus update spyware software reboot pc when screen is black while booting keep pressing f5 it should bring up a list safe mode last know con fig ect ect

move curser to safe mode,

then scan for viruses or malware in safe mode

then do a system restore

after system restore do a new scan and see if the problem is still there

simmouk

Administrator
Good stuff! Bugger of a program that one. It makes it so much worse when these programs make you thing they are real, legitimate pieces of software, like Anti-Virs stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread