any one used chrome (beta)from google (1 Viewer)

ccfc1987

the new browser from google iv used it and still not sure off it yet just asking if any one finding easy or hard to use and if thay like it

New! Download Chrome (BETA) -

tehspecialone

Facebook User
I'm not going to bother with it. It's still in BETA anyway.

I've got quite a few add-ons for my firefox that I want to keep using anyway, especially things like text to image.

tehspecialone

Facebook User
I don't think thats going to effect me at all though. The link says it's only effected certain websites, and I don't really use any new websites. Plus, I just delete all my spam e-mail.

Nick

Administrator
Same as really. I don't click on dodgy things and I think I will stick to Firefox :) I have all of the addons etc.

I think google are too late coming into the browser market.

tehspecialone

Facebook User
Don't think it matter how late they are really. It's probably already better than IE was.

It just needs some good extra things that users can add on to it if they want.

But to be fair, most people are already happy enough with firefox. So they probably are too late.

Nick

Administrator
I had a play about with this over the weekend. As City Nut says it is like a tabbed browser which is very minimal and very fast.

It has no plugins, heavy graphics and it loads quickly and means browsing is fast.

simmouk

Administrator
I downloaded this the other day and had a very brisk play around with it - but to be completely honest I'm a fairly new convert to Firefox, which does the job for me at the moment, so without it having a real WOW factor, I think I'll just use it now and then. Page browsing did seem EXTREMELY fast on it though - but on FF it's not slow, so I'm not complaining!

flammablepiss

Facebook User
I have installed chrome.
It is a very light and minimal browser, which is very fast.
It also has some cool features which allow you to move or change parts of websites.
Plus Chrome is Open Source there could be some good features added in the future.
Personally will be sticking with Firefox and my Addons.

Cov.me

Not available for the almighty Mac yet, unfortunately! I think it may well become my main browser when it does come though. I don't use many plugins, and just want everything on my screen with speed.

Users who are viewing this thread