Anybody want to do some testing on a new feature? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Looking to add a shopping feature to SBT, did a lot of work on it last night.

Anybody want to help me test it out? It isnt 100% yet so any feedback is welcome, will hopefully save everybody some cash!

Just PM if you want to help!

Rich

Yeah on online shopping sites. Not football forums. If I wanted a microwave I'd go on the comet site. If I wanted my weeks groceries I'd go on Tesco.

rob9872

But Tesco's probably have better value microwaves than Comet so that's just daft

Rich

If I was looking for daft comments I would contact Rob :claping hands:.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah on online shopping sites. Not football forums. If I wanted a microwave I'd go on the comet site. If I wanted my weeks groceries I'd go on Tesco.

Well if you are online footy forums and think "oh I need to buy this, ill type a word into a box and it will find me where I can buy it for less" it would help...

The Arcade isn't football related and some people still use it...

I only asked if somebody was bored and wanted to test it....

MatthewWallis

Well if you are online footy forums and think "oh I need to buy this, ill type a word into a box and it will find me where I can buy it for less" it would help...

The Arcade isn't football related and some people still use it...

I only asked if somebody was bored and wanted to test it....

So really, what you're doing is in a way forcing people onto your other site by putting it on here as a new feature

Nick

Administrator
So really, what you're doing is in a way forcing people onto your other site by putting it on here as a new feature

No, it is nothing to do with other sites and nobody would be forced to do anything.

It is simply a little link on a page which people will click if they want to.

Not going to force anything in people's faces!

MatthewWallis

No, it is nothing to do with other sites and nobody would be forced to do anything.

It is simply a little link on a page which people will click if they want to.

Not going to force anything in people's faces!

So it's a feature where people can type something in a box to see where they can buy it cheap, but it's nothing to do with your find it for less site...

Nick

Administrator
So it's a feature where people can type something in a box to see where they can buy it cheap, but it's nothing to do with your find it for less site...

No, it is entirely part of SBT. Nothing to do with other sites...

What exactly would be the problem if it was anyway?

Nick

Administrator
There wouldn't be a problem

I only made this post to get a bit of feedback :) I take it people aren't too impressed :facepalm:
I won't be adding adverts, banners or anything to the site so it won't affect users unless people want to use it. A bit like the arcade or prediction league.

I can understand people want to use the site without massive banners all over the place, so I won't be using them.

Any slight revenue that may be made from any advertising on here is to help cover the server costs and also the prediction league prize(s).

blueflint

why are so many people so negative if i wanted to save money and a method was in front of me i would use it

Nick

Administrator
Shopping Link now live in the top menu, any feedback let me know :)

It will be a bit buggy to start off :(

Rich

When trying to filter by retailer they are not in alphabetical order.

hughescov

First search: Mass effect 3
Sort by price: Descending
Retailer: All retailers
Show No. of Items: 75

This listed a lot of items over 2 pages but the cheapest price was £28. Now if I search with 25 items per page it displays a lot more products with the cheapest being £19.95. If I search with 100 items 1 page is displayed and the cheapest price is £59.90.

Nick

Administrator

This listed a lot of items over 2 pages but the cheapest price was £28. Now if I search with 25 items per page it displays a lot more products with the cheapest being £19.95. If I search with 100 items 1 page is displayed and the cheapest price is £59.90.

Very strange, thanks I will look into that.

Nick

Administrator

Should be fixed? :)

Nick

Administrator
Nick have you investigated the xbox possibility?

Yep, at the minute there isn't a version that will work on this version of forum software. I have emailed the developers to ask about an update for it so I can use it on here :)

hughescov

Should be fixed? :)

searched for: call of duty 2, descending, all retailers, items 25.

2 pages but didn't show the cheapest that was displayed when using 'ascending'

£17.79 descending - £5.86 ascending

Seemed fixed on the Mass effect search though

Rich

Yep, at the minute there isn't a version that will work on this version of forum software. I have emailed the developers to ask about an update for it so I can use it on here :)

Top man, it's a fun feature for those of us that use xbox on here.

Users who are viewing this thread