Anyone else too polite? (1 Viewer)

Otis

I am too polite for my own good sometimes.

Not having much luck with the Amazon Echo. I say stuff like 'Alexa tell me about new skills' and she will rattle off 3 new skills. She will then ask if you want to enable the skills as they are rattled off and you either say yes or no, but because I am polite it keeps backfiring for me. I always say 'no thank you'

She often just hears 'thank you' and enables skills I don't want anyway.

Yesterday for example, 'Here are 3 new skills you might like. First skill is Paddy Power.' She then gives all the spiel and then says 'Would you like to try it?' I am totally not interested, but then say 'No, thank you' and she says 'Right, I have added it to your skills.' Grr!!!! I now have lots of skills I don't want. Easy enough to go into the app and disable them, but it's annoying.

Missus says 'just don't say thank you,' but I can't help it, it's in-built. I used to get so told off by my very strict parents for not saying please and thank you as a child, so always did.

Anyone else too polite?

I always apologise when someone bumps into ME, rather than the other way round.

My missus keeps saying Alexa is just a robot, but I am still so polite to her all the time.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I am definitely!

There has been times where I've met rude people no manners, maybe been a complete arse to me and I think right next time I see them I'm being the same back!
But the time comes I find it impossible to be, I try to hold a "thank you" in but I feel myself bursting so have to say it!

Same with rude shop staff I had an issue at a local supermarket same person 3/4 times, I'm in there at a self service til they come over as the "unexpected item" blah is stopping me for continuing they scan to allow me to continue I'm thinking don't say thanks be as ignorant as them.....me "thank you so much!"

Guess some of us manners and politeness are just ingrained in us!

I always say " thank you" or "your welcome" when I hold a door open for someone or let someone through and they don't thank me!

stupot07

I am definitely!

There has been times where I've met rude people no manners, maybe been a complete arse to me and I think right next time I see them I'm being the same back!
But the time comes I find it impossible to be, I try to hold a "thank you" in but I feel myself bursting so have to say it!

Same with rude shop staff I had an issue at a local supermarket same person 3/4 times, I'm in there at a self service til they come over as the "unexpected item" blah is stopping me for continuing they scan to allow me to continue I'm thinking don't say thanks be as ignorant as them.....me "thank you so much!"

Guess some of us manners and politeness are just ingrained in us!

I always say " thank you" or "your welcome" when I hold a door open for someone or let someone through and they don't thank me!
This is definitely me! Sometimes drives my missus mad especially when I'm polite to someone being rude to me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

This is definitely me! Sometimes drives my missus mad especially when I'm polite to someone being rude to me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Snap, I always get "they could have a knife" or "throw one punch" etc I totally get that and in the grand scheme of life it's not worth it and these things happen over something minor!

But its hard not react when you feel an injustice! Manners and BO are my 2 room 101 things in life!!

Captain Dart

I turned Alexa off, its basically Bill Gates spyware.

Astute

I am polite to everyone until they piss me off. It takes a fair bit to get me going. But I won't let people take advantage. I went through life letting people take advantage. But life experience showed me that for your own sanity it can't go on forever. Treat people how you would like to treated yourself. If they try to take advantage don't give them the chance to do it again. Because if you let them they will. And all it does is wind you up.

Marty

I use to, and still am to a degree but after a head injury a few years ago my personality has changed and I'm a lot more short tempered and tend to be straight with people.

Gazolba

I use to, and still am to a degree but after a head injury a few years ago my personality has changed and I'm a lot more short tempered and tend to be straight with people.
I'm going to use that excuse too.

mechaishida

In this day and age, most people confuse kindness for weakness, and if you're polite you're a flimsy wimp, or something.

Usually, I'm respectful and well-mannered with anyone (nowadays), until they act like a total shit-house. Then the latent Brian Blessed within makes an appearance.

Funny really, the kids in this neck of the woods are generally really polite and well-behaved, it's the miserable, Audi-driving fuckers that need a crash-course in etiquette. Don't get me started on the women who drive those Fiat 500 bubble cars...

bringbackrattles

As I've got older I've gone more polite and mellow,compared to what I used to be like. If someone was aggressive to me they'd get it back, my temper got me in to loads of trouble. Had to have anger management sessions ! I was such a handful I saw a psychologist for nearly a year. But as you age I think subconsciously you just can't be bothered with confrontation ?

Westendlad

In this day and age, most people confuse kindness for weakness, and if you're polite you're a flimsy wimp, or something.

Usually, I'm respectful and well-mannered with anyone (nowadays), until they act like a total shit-house. Then the latent Brian Blessed within makes an appearance.

Funny really, the kids in this neck of the woods are generally really polite and well-behaved, it's the miserable, Audi-driving fuckers that need a crash-course in etiquette. Don't get me started on the women who drive those Fiat 500 bubble cars...
With you on Audi drivers.....they seem to be the new BMW drivers of a few years ago.....Too fast and ignorant arseholes !

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
As I've got older I've gone more polite and mellow,compared to what I used to be like. If someone was aggressive to me they'd get it back, my temper got me in to loads of trouble. Had to have anger management sessions ! I was such a handful I saw a psychologist for nearly a year. But as you age I think subconsciously you just can't be bothered with confrontation ?
I reckon I've gone the other way BBR! I've had 4 fights in the last 12 months - all blokes a lot younger and fitter than me - I just seem to be getting worse. Thankfully, I walked away unscathed from them all, unlike the younger blokes! Unless it's just down to complete and utter arseholes that live here. At this rate, my 5th heart attack is due any day! :emoji_right_facing_fist::emoji_punch::emoji_right_facing_fist::emoji_punch: :emoji_yum:

bringbackrattles

I reckon I've gone the other way BBR! I've had 4 fights in the last 12 months - all blokes a lot younger and fitter than me - I just seem to be getting worse. Thankfully, I walked away unscathed from them all, unlike the younger blokes! Unless it's just down to complete and utter arseholes that live here. At this rate, my 5th heart attack is due any day! :emoji_right_facing_fist::emoji_punch::emoji_right_facing_fist::emoji_punch: :emoji_yum:
You want to watch your ticker Houch.What caused the fights ? Typical Cov kid !

Gazolba

Once when I'd had a bit too much to drink, I was walking down the street and bumped into someone, so I said "Sorry", when I looked around to see who it was, it was a lamp post.

Houchens Head

You want to watch your ticker Houch.What caused the fights ? Typical Cov kid !
Three of them were cyclists on pavements and the last one was a twat in the local park allowing his dogs to run wild chasing and bullying other dogs.

bringbackrattles

Three of them were cyclists on pavements and the last one was a twat in the local park allowing his dogs to run wild chasing and bullying other dogs.
Sounds like a normal day in Bell Green. The block of flats I live in are being demolished next year, as we're near to the shops and they're doing up the precinct etc. I'm well chuffed as I want a move anyway, been told as I'm sixty I can go for a bungalow. We get compo too so good news. Got yet another dealer moved in the block, it gets worse and worse !

Houchens Head

Sounds like a normal day in Bell Green. The block of flats I live in are being demolished next year, as we're near to the shops and they're doing up the precinct etc. I'm well chuffed as I want a move anyway, been told as I'm sixty I can go for a bungalow. We get compo too so good news. Got yet another dealer moved in the block, it gets worse and worse !
I'd love a bungalow. We live in a ground floor flat in a nice enough cul de sac but it's not the same. No garden either.

bringbackrattles

I'd love a bungalow. We live in a ground floor flat in a nice enough cul de sac but it's not the same. No garden either.
I'm well pleased about the bungalow, not sure where it will be though ? A pal of mine had one by Canley Crem. Said it was great and a nice little garden too. Knowing my luck end up next to another dealer !

Nick

Administrator
Dog walking is stressful, it's mainly old people who are dicks by me about it as well with little yappy dogs they have no control over.

People see a big dog and instantly think you are a thug using it as a weapon, yet when there is a little terrier attacking it's face and the old woman is nowhere to be seen because it's legged it from her what are you meant to do? When they do catch up it's "ah he just wants to play". Get to fuck, it's a little twat and if it was a Rottweiler or American Bulldog like that then armed police would be on the scene to shoot it.

Nowadays it's all about dog walking in the middle of nowhere away from twats without the worry of random dogs running free when they never should be, else I'd probably end up like Houch and one bombing an OAP.

giphy.gif

Dog Walking Rage, Road Rage (mainly when people don't say thankyou for letting them go) and Football Rage and that's about it mostly.

Users who are viewing this thread