Anyone else too polite? (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Dog walking is stressful, it's mainly old people who are dicks by me about it as well with little yappy dogs they have no control over.

People see a big dog and instantly think you are a thug using it as a weapon, yet when there is a little terrier attacking it's face and the old woman is nowhere to be seen because it's legged it from her what are you meant to do? When they do catch up it's "ah he just wants to play". Get to fuck, it's a little twat and if it was a Rottweiler or American Bulldog like that then armed police would be on the scene to shoot it.

Nowadays it's all about dog walking in the middle of nowhere away from twats without the worry of random dogs running free when they never should be, else I'd probably end up like Houch and one bombing an OAP.

giphy.gif

Dog Walking Rage, Road Rage (mainly when people don't say thankyou for letting them go) and Football Rage and that's about it mostly.
Nick, I totally, totally agree with you! Others might see me as you describe, (quote: mainly old people who are dicks.... about it as well with little yappy dogs they have no control over.) I have a wee Chihuahua and he really is a little softie who loves fuss off anyone. However, I NEVER let him off his lead, simply because he would do a bloody runner or other dogs would attack him (which is what happened last Sunday, hence my scrap!). Strangely enough, his best friend, who he adores, is a great big American Bulldog who lives a few doors away. When they see each other, they go nuts! It's really funny to see. Many, many years ago, I was in the Military and trained guard dogs. Big, nasty dangerous things as well, they were and if anyone had told me that I would one day own a Chihuahua, I'd have laid into them! :emoji_smile:

My wee buddy!........

IMG_1377.jpg

Last edited:

Otis

I always let my dog off in the park. She has a boyfriend called Toby and two lovers in Barney and Buddy.

They get on so well (and probably get it on in the bushes too).

Nick

Administrator
Nick, I totally, totally agree with you! Other might see me as you describe, (quote: mainly old people who are dicks.... about it as well with little yappy dogs they have no control over.) I have a wee Chihuahua and he really is a little softie who loves fuss off anyone. However, I NEVER let him off his lead, simply because he would do a bloody runner or other dogs would attack him (which is what happened last Sunday, hence my scrap!). Strangely enough, his best friend, who he adores, is a great big American Bulldog who lives a few doors away. When they see each other, they go nuts! It's really funny to see. Many, many years ago, I was in the Military and trained guard dogs. Big, nasty dangerous things as well, they were and if anyone had told me I would one day own a Chihuahua, I'd have laid into them! :emoji_smile:

My wee buddy!........

View attachment 8071
I've got big dogs and little dogs but don't let them off when there's a chance of other dogs mainly because of not knowing what they are like.

No problem when people have them on the lead to start with and then if they seem to get on they can have a little play.

My 5kg puppy hammers the 60kg mastiff around the house, wrestling and then cuddling. It's just when a strange dog comes running over you don't really know how it's going to go.

I didn't think I'd like the little dogs as much as I do :)

Otis

I've got big dogs and little dogs but don't let them off when there's a chance of other dogs mainly because of not knowing what they are like.

No problem when people have them on the lead to start with and then if they seem to get on they can have a little play.

My 5kg puppy hammers the 60kg mastiff around the house, wrestling and then cuddling. It's just when a strange dog comes running over you don't really know how it's going to go.

I didn't think I'd like the little dogs as much as I do :)
Always have mine on a lead until I get to the park. Then have a look around and make sure it's safe and then I unleash the beast!

People then come up to me and say 'Urghh, put that thing away' and then after that I let the dog off the lead.

Users who are viewing this thread