Anyone got a chipped Amazon stick (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

A friend of mine got one for £55 basically has every sky channel you can get plus Ppv channels and bt sport

Otis

Chipped?

I've got one. Who would one get one 'chipped' if one wanted to?

A friend of mine might possibly like to get his chipped' just to see if it works, nothing more. He wouldn't have any intention of taking any sort of advantage from the situation.

robbieray

Chipped?

I've got one. Who would one get one 'chipped' if one wanted to?

A friend of mine might possibly like to get his chipped' just to see if it works, nothing more. He wouldn't have any intention of taking any sort of advantage from the situation.

weird that, I also have a friend who would like to find out for educational purposes only

Last edited:

Sick Boy

A mate of mine used to have a chipped Virgin box...seemed like an absolute pain as he'd have to call his man round once a month to reconfigure it; would this be different?

Otis

Yep, with the Virgin one the code would need to be constantly updated. Or so I am led to believe.

jackmartin

the fire sticks are great, all channels sky etc and 3pm prem kick offs, you can program them yourselves its really easy, i have 3 of them so only now pay sky £10 a month instead of £80

stupot07

Chipped or Kodi'd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator
Kodi it's self isn't illegal. It is just down to whatever the user puts on it.

If you just want Kodi, you are better off getting something like this - http://www.futeko.com/products/MP066.php

They have a bit more power than an Amazon Stick and can stream over the network and do 4K as well.

blueflint

got my firestick 6 months ago don't do amazon prime download kodi and a few others i get all sky channels inc sport plus a load of american sports and tv shows all box sets etc.
cost me £35 and the rest is free

wingy

got my firestick 6 months ago don't do amazon prime download kodi and a few others i get all sky channels inc sport plus a load of american sports and tv shows all box sets etc.
cost me £35 and the rest is free
It's the way to go! :p

Otis

It's the dark path that leads to the other side of the tracks!

Today Kodi, tomorrow peddling crack cocaine on the backstreets of Birmingham.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Kodi it's self isn't illegal. It is just down to whatever the user puts on it.

If you just want Kodi, you are better off getting something like this - http://www.futeko.com/products/MP066.php

They have a bit more power than an Amazon Stick and can stream over the network and do 4K as well.

So, purely out of interest, if I was to purchase this item, what else would I need to view the channels that others have mentioned earlier in this thread?

Also, is the item designed for a display or would it be compatible with a TV?

.....forgive my ignorance....I'm a little prehistoric

Nick

Administrator
So, purely out of interest, if I was to purchase this item, what else would I need to view the channels that others have mentioned earlier in this thread?

Also, is the item designed for a display or would it be compatible with a TV?

.....forgive my ignorance....I'm a little prehistoric
That one would use hdmi so it would plug into your tv.

To get channels you would need kodi plugins and addons which Google will suggest :)

jimmyhillsfanclub

That one would use hdmi so it would plug into your tv.

To get channels you would need kodi plugins and addons which Google will suggest :)

Thanks Nick.....Good man.

Now, can you come & do my days work for me too......I've got a raging red wine hangover & simply cannot be arsed....

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
My firestick's chipped. Well, when I say "chipped", it has a small crack on it where I dropped it. Does this count? :thinking about:

Skinnythebear

Either I am the unluckiest man in the world or I am the only honest man in the world who tells it how it is.
Don't be fooled by thinking get a firestick, chip it and away you go.
The signal can be shite and keeps buffering especially on football games.
I have tried most chipped boxes and sticks etc and have always got pissed off and went back to Sky/Virgin.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Either I am the unluckiest man in the world or I am the only honest man in the world who tells it how it is.
I have tried most chipped boxes and sticks etc and have always got pissed off and went back to Sky/Virgin.

Cheers skinnythebear......

...So, anyone else have these issues or is he really that unlucky?

Nick

Administrator

It depends which plugins you use. I have used a few paid ones where they come through in 720p and are spot on, think it was about a tenner for 3 months.

WestEndAgro

I'm wavering about getting one, I'm currently paying for Sky, BT Sport and Netflix so it would appear to be a no brainer, but I'm concerned about picture quality, buffering ect, all you guys who have it are you impressed?

Nick

Administrator
I'm wavering about getting one, I'm currently paying for Sky, BT Sport and Netflix so it would appear to be a no brainer, but I'm concerned about picture quality, buffering ect, all you guys who have it are you impressed?

Sometimes you do have to try 3 or 4 streams until you get a good one.

If you have Sky etc in full HD then it won't be as good!

chiefdave

Are they the same sort of streams you get through websites that are just pushed onto this platform?

I like the idea but I can see me getting frustrated with it not working 100%

Nick

Administrator
Are they the same sort of streams you get through websites that are just pushed onto this platform?

I like the idea but I can see me getting frustrated with it not working 100%

Pretty much for a lot of them, without the ads.

You can download Kodi for Windows to test it and the plugins for free anyway :) It would just be the same on a box but on your TV!

blueflint

also depends on your internet speed the faster the better

Malaka

Why do we have to pay for channels that have adverts on? We don't on terrestial TV. REVOLUTION CALLING!

LastGarrison

Getting one this weekend.

At the moment I solely have Freeview and watch football streams on an old laptop so I really have nothing to lose! Plus a lad I know down the pub (evening officer) is chipping mine so if it ever goes tits up I will go back round said pub and get him to rechip it again!!!

Users who are viewing this thread