Anyone have a favoured foreign team ? (1 Viewer)

CovisGod

And why ?

I always look out for Dortmunds results, no idea why, always played as them on Footy Manager and FIFA, big fan of their striker Aubameyang,

anybody got a favourite foreign team ?

Otis

And why ?

I always look out for Dortmunds results, no idea why, always played as them on Footy Manager and FIFA, big fan of their striker Aubameyang,

Nope.

Could never ever support Leicester or Villa.

Gazolba

And why ?

Mine is Ajax of Amsterdam. Always liked the way they played open, free-flowing football, they had some great players over the years (see pic), won the European Cup four times and also I love their red and white strip.
Ajax-Golden-Generation.jpg
Just look at Van Der Sar, imagine getting through one on one with the keeper and facing that!

Last edited:

Ranjit Bhurpa

Torino.
For many years I worked for a company headquartered in Turin. Juventus has for a long time been the more successful of these 2 Turin clubs, but I would rather follow the fortunes of the underdog.
Also their history is very proud and almost unique, at one time providing the majority of players for the Italian national team until the tragic plane crash at Superga nearly 70 years ago.

Pipehitterz

Just can't see the appeal of a second team or Foreign team.
I love City and it's all a bit too much to bare
Just can't invest anywhere else

skybluesam66

Strangely as a kid i used to follow St mirren results, the Frank Mcgarvie era - thought they were similar level to us in relation to their position in their own league

I actually wrote a bet out in 87 (but didnt place it) for an EW double for them to win their FA cup and us to win ours - we were both 50/1 at the time, but didnt put it on in the end, as I thought it was too far fetched . Alas still looking to visit their ground when the 2nd leg of our Anglo scottish cup match takes place

Joy Division

As a child the 1990 Panini sticker album used to fascinate me, none more that Paul Chalmers of St Mirren

st-mirren-paul-chalmers-470-panini-football-90-football-trading-sticker-28613-p.jpg

Covstu

I think through watching Saturday morning Italian football as a kid I used to 'follow' AC Milan. They had such as class team in the 90's.

stupot07

I always had a softspot for AC Milan back in the 90's. Had a bootleg shirt with Boban's name and number on the back.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Ac Milan in the 90's the side was fantastic, as a left back myself my idol was Maldini a Rolls Royce player. I went to the Milan derby in the 90's an amazing experience

Ian1779

Went to Hamburg a few years ago on a stag do, and went to see the St Pauli stadium. It was at the time they had just secured promotion to the Bundesliga. It was a briiliant place to visit and loved the whole community spirit feel you got from it. Altough they went back to Bundesliga 2 pretty quickly I always keep an eye out for them.

Moff

I always liked Roma going back to magical 90s and Gazzetta with James Richardson.

Me too, loved Gazetta and took Roma as my Italian team.

My kids seem to have taken Real Madrid on as their foreign team, and Benfica as well after dragging me into their shop in Lisbon this summer, and learning who Eusebio was.

Moff

Went to Verona last year and got a picture of me sitting at a cafe next to a town square with an ice cream and a copy of Gazzetta Dello Sport. Lifelong dream realised

That's flash!

(Apologies I may plagiarise this next year on a visit to Cagliari)

Sick Boy

I check the results of both Verona & Palermo. Used to have season tickets at both.

Last edited:

ccfc92

Celtic, due to Irish family.
Bournemouth, due to living down here on the south coast.
Atletico Madrid, not sure why, just like watching them play and want to visit their stadium before they leave this season.

ovduk78

When I lived in Brussels in 2000-2 I regularly went to watch RWDM (Racing White Daring Molenbeek) home & away with a Belgian friend. In 2001-2 season they had a very good end of season and finished around 10th but were relegated 2 divisions over an unpaid tax bill. They have subsequently disbanded and reformed and are currently top of the 5th division getting better crowds than most teams 2 or 3 leagues above them. They have an alleged hooligan element who cover their faces with scarves, 1 of them had a go at me at Anderlecht for not singing their rendition of "No-one like us" but after I told him to sod off he just walked away, Millwall or West Ham they are not!!!!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I always like to see how Barcelona and Celtic are doing.

covcity4life

inter milan as when italian football started on c4 in 1993 or whatever i just love dit so much and ac milan were the best so i went for inter as they were (relative) underdogs. this thread also shows how most gravitate towards ac milan, i was always proud to like inter instead.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Celta Vigo - los celestes - they are the Spanish sky blues :)

The Reverend Skyblue

I lived in France for ten years and every other Friday went to watch my local side in ligue 1/ national called Niort so since coming back check their scores on friday night.
I follow the results of the following
In Germany Dynamo Dresden and Locomotive Leipzig ,just because they were once giants of the game and have hit hard time.
In Italy Hellas Verona since I read a good book on them many years ago.
In Spain I like any small team who gets into the top league, like Eibar at the moment
To end the list in Holland ! Fortuna Sittard because they were really shit a few years ago, but have got a little better since.
That's all really

CJ_covblaze

I try to get to as many foreign games as possible. Wouldn't say I follow any of the teams I watch but normally buy a t-shirt just to wear down the pub or out and about. Can recommend Hammarby, PSV, Monchengladbach and Bilbao. All doable as day trips which normally end up being cheaper than the price of a Premier League ticket. Did Atletico in the Champions League earlier this year just to get the Calderon ticked off before it goes but found it very difficult to hide my hate for the twat in the dug out. Will never forgive him!

Users who are viewing this thread