Anyone have a favoured foreign team ? (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

I try to get to as many foreign games as possible. Wouldn't say I follow any of the teams I watch but normally buy a t-shirt just to wear down the pub or out and about. Can recommend Hammarby, PSV, Monchengladbach and Bilbao. All doable as day trips which normally end up being cheaper than the price of a Premier League ticket. Did Atletico in the Champions League earlier this year just to get the Calderon ticked off before it goes but found it very difficult to hide my hate for the twat in the dug out. Will never forgive him!

forgive him for what? getting kicked by a player who back then was idiotic?

CJ_covblaze

forgive him for what? getting kicked by a player who back then was idiotic?

For throwing himself on the floor due to minor contact from someone who was being idiotic.

Terry Gibson's perm

Just found out I'm going to Milan in a few weeks, Inter will be at home, worth it?

Yes just for the experience don't try and sneak in though as some guys doing that when I was there and the police were hitting them with some massive sticks

CJ_covblaze

Quarter final of the World Cup bud. Maybe if we tried some shit like that we might get out the group stages. Win at all costs.

Maybe so. Still hate the wanker!

CJ_covblaze

Just found out I'm going to Milan in a few weeks, Inter will be at home, worth it?

As bad as the stadium is I'd love to see a game there. When full I bet the atmosphere is unbelievable. Just don't stay in Milan. Stay on the outskirts. Horrible dump. It's up there with Marseille as one of the worst places I've ever visited.

rondog1973

Went to Hamburg a few years ago on a stag do, and went to see the St Pauli stadium. It was at the time they had just secured promotion to the Bundesliga. It was a briiliant place to visit and loved the whole community spirit feel you got from it. Altough they went back to Bundesliga 2 pretty quickly I always keep an eye out for them.
Went to see the Specials in Hamburg in 2011. We were staying on the Reeperbahn and St Pauli, 2nd tier at the time were playing at home on the Friday evening. My mate managed to sneak in to the 22,000 sell out whilst I stayed in one bars, packed out with locked out fans, nearby. By his account it was a fantastic experience despite St Pauli losing. Without wishing to politicise the thread, the Germans appear to have got it right (again!) with regard to football club governance. Ticket prices and the overall fan experience meaning the the grounds are never short of punters.

CJ_covblaze

Went to see the Specials in Hamburg in 2011. We were staying on the Reeperbahn and St Pauli, 2nd tier at the time were playing at home on the Friday evening. My mate managed to sneak in to the 22,000 sell out whilst I stayed in one bars, packed out with locked out fans, nearby. By his account it was a fantastic experience despite St Pauli losing. Without wishing to politicise the thread, the Germans appear to have got it right (again!) with regard to football club governance. Ticket prices and the overall fan experience meaning the the grounds are never short of punters.

That's what happens when it's compulsory (minus Bayer and Wolfsburg) for clubs to be fan owned.

ovduk78

I went to see AC Milan play Verona in 2001. Turned up without tickets and was accosted as soon as I left the train station by the oldests ticket touts I'd ever seen. Walked to the ground and they had a kiosk selling tickets on the day on the halfway line in 2nd tier for about £13 which at the time was about 1/2 the price we were paying at PL games. The game was nothing special but the over dramatic reactions of the fans was fun to watch.

Terry Gibson's perm

Could start to like Marseille if they do do invest the 200 million dollars over the next four years and start to push boring psg

Users who are viewing this thread