Anyone still believe..... (2 Viewers)

pastythegreat

We have 3 bang average keepers, nobody who can score, nobody who can create, and our "big summer signing" and game controller and captain Doyle has been non existent for the last 2 games!! Keep up like this and we'll be lucky not to end up non league in 9 months time

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

We could have a 50 a season striker but it's pointless if we don't create any chances for them.

You put away one of those chances in the first half and the whole confidence and psychology changes. A proven goal scorer would do it.
At the moment I would take Ponti over McNulty. Ponti is scoring his confidence is high.

FRY-CCFC

img028.GIF

pastythegreat

Gotta get Kwarme back in the match day squad!

Still, re-evaluation last week vs Newport! Did they park the bus or have we got no cutting edge! Judging by today I'd say we've got 5 days til the window shuts to find a striker!

Otis

Well that's the biggest worry for me, the defence. We brought O'Brien in and it seemed we at last had found a steady keeper.

If O'Brien is prone to this sort of error (you expect the odd one, but not two in two games) you have to expect Burge will be back in next week.

If Burge is our number one keeper for this season I honestly believe we will not make the play off places. He makes stacks of errors and I literally mean stacks!

Thought that was the whole point of bringing in O'Brien. Burge is dithery and doesn't command his area and RCC is too much of a hothead, racing out when he shouldn't.

If this is an Achilles heel of O'Brien's we therefore have 3 keepers of which none of them are good enough.

I know you talk of attack, Don, but gifting goals at the back is not going to get us anywhere. It's what we kept doing last season with disastrous effect.

I shudder at the thought of Burge coming back in and taking on the mantle, but after two dreadful errors you would have to say it's an odds on certainty. :(

no_loyalty

Burge will be in for the Shrewsbury match, if he does well he will probably get the nod against Chesterfield

pastythegreat

Well that's the biggest worry for me, the defence. We brought O'Brien in and it seemed we at last had found a steady keeper.

If O'Brien is prone to this sort of error (you expect the odd one, but not two in two games) you have to expect Burge will be back in next week.

If Burge is our number one keeper for this season I honestly believe we will not make the play off places. He makes stacks of errors and I literally mean stacks!

Thought that was the whole point of bringing in O'Brien. Burge is dithery and doesn't command his area and RCC is too much of a hothead, racing out when he shouldn't.

If this is an Achilles heel of O'Brien's we therefore have 3 keepers of which none of them are good enough.

I know you talk of attack, Don, but gifting goals at the back is not going to get us anywhere. It's what we kept doing last season with disastrous effect.

I shudder at the thought of Burge coming back in and taking on the mantle, but after two dreadful errors you would have to say it's an odds on certainty. :(
That's probably my biggest worry. Obrien obviously seems error prone. And the next keeper is burge!! Fucked if you do, fucked if you don't.
My 1st signing this summer would of been an experienced keeper! Robins thought differently, will it be our downfall? It's already cost us 6 points! How many more?

hill83

Dongo. Genuine question. Why do you always have to have one player you focus on who isn't getting much game time and nothing else will do?
It was Biamou for a couple of days earlier in the season but that quickly faded.

Otis

Ponticelli will be the answer up front.
Depends what the question is.

If the question is, McNulty, Nazon, Biamou and Thomas all have flu. What is your strategy for attacking positions? Then the answer would indeed be 'Ponticelli up front.'

pastythegreat

I've got it, go back and offer Dave Tarpey "revised terms". Offer him the same wage and terms as before PLUS chuck Biamous Weekley wage on top to bulk it up. Fuck Biamou off and bring in the goal scorer we desperately need!

dongonzalos

Dongo. Genuine question. Why do you always have to have one player you focus on who isn't getting much game time and nothing else will do?
It was Biamou for a couple of days earlier in the season but that quickly faded.

Didn't realise I always do. I have consistently backed Ponti's cause including last season.
However he wouldn't be my actual first choice it would be someone in the James Collins mould.
However at the moment if it's got to come from the current lot Ponti hasn't had a match yet. The small amount of playing times he has had albeit friendlies he chases harasses and shoots in sight.
I would have liked to see Moorhouse signed as well. The lad likes to shoot.
My point here though is many have said before the season started the most important signings we need is a strong spine.
GK
CB - McDonald
CM - Doyle
CF

Jury is still out on Obrien but those two positions awhere it looks like we havent done it GK and CF is costing us.

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

Just want to point out Luton lost today, and they have Collins. Disappointing results last two, but it's not the end of the world.

mechaishida

Could be a very early wobble, lads. Well, hopefully. Either that or we have another arse-destroying season in stall.

I'm quite bemused though, considering how steady and controlled we looked in the first two games.

NortonSkyBlue

Depends what the question is.

If the question is, McNulty, Nazon, Biamou and Thomas all have flu. What is your strategy for attacking positions? Then the answer would indeed be 'Ponticelli up front.'
Well Otis, the question would be "who will get us goals"
Two weeks ago many were tossing themselves off over the thought of Nazon, Andreu and Biamou but the fact is that we know fuck all about some of these players and the reason they are at league 2 level is that they are at last chance saloon themselves.
So yes for me Ponticelli is the answer.

Grendel

clint van damme

Gotta get Kwarme back in the match day squad!

Still, re-evaluation last week vs Newport! Did they park the bus or have we got no cutting edge! Judging by today I'd say we've got 5 days til the window shuts to find a striker!

Bit of both. But if you go into a season with serious aspirations of challenging at the top then you have to expect that to happen and find away to counter act it.

Otis

Well Otis, the question would be "who will get us goals"
Two weeks ago many were tossing themselves off over the thought of Nazon, Andreu and Biamou but the fact is that we know fuck all about some of these players and the reason they are at league 2 level is that they are at last chance saloon themselves.
So yes for me Ponticelli is the answer.

I would say he is not ready yet. He's hardly played much U21's football let alone first team football.

I'm sure he will get call ups to the bench and will get some game time at some point, but I think it would be entirely wrong to just throw him in now.

Maybe give him a go on Tuesday in the Checkatrade. See how he does, but he still has a lot to learn yet I feel.

Gazolba

Moorhouse would have been the guy, but Sligo Rovers outbid us.
We should give Ponticelli a try now, at least as a sub for the last 30 minutes.

steve82

Let's wake up a little, we're not creating many chances so what is Ponticelli gonna do? Only come in and get abused for being shit? Let him grow and develop.

We need to adapt to L2 pure and simple, we're a new side and yet to gel.

I do feel tho MR needs Steve Taylor back by his side sharpish. 2 games now and decision making has become questionable during the games.

I was completely shot down when I said we looked poor after the first two games despite winning both. Mid to lower table for me. The rot in the club has spread to far.

Users who are viewing this thread