Anyone thinks murphy can't catch!!!! (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Watch brighton or Southampton keeper today!!!!!!
Southampton keeper possible the worst performance I have seen!

TheHellion

At least Southampton can score their way out of trouble (I really thought they'd lost their first home game for how long!?), especially at home. When our keeper makes a mistake, it's compounded by our lack of goals, and our inability to play for 90 minutes.

Nonleagueherewecome

He did OK today Murphy, couple of decent saves, but ones you'd expect him to make, and was left pretty exposed for the goal. He seemed a bit hesitant again in claiming balls around the edge of his area a la the Pompey penalty. Or maybe I just shudder with dread in anticipation of a repeat whenever he's put in anything like a similar situation?

gouldberg

He actually properly caught the ball what....twice today? The rest of the time he was batting it into the ground to give himself another chance or was fumbling them onto the floor. I honestly don't get how people rate him as much as they do. I'd love to see Dunn get a chance, the lad's 24 and needs to start playing sooner rather than later to get used to Championship life. No point rotting a potentially good keeper on the bench *ahem, Ross Turnbull at Chelsea ahem*!

speedie87

siad it before and i'll keep saying it Murphy's handing is shocking.........

always get the games early to watch warm ups etc and that bloke can't catch a cold even in warm up..........

if you want to judge a keeper quickly watch a warm up as you'll see them do about a dozen games worth of work in that period.

best handling keeper i've seen for us..........Magnus Hedman.........

as for bloke at southampton lets hope he plays in the cup!

Adam Jones

Bartosz Bialkowski isn't Southampton's first-choice goalkeeper, Kelvin Davis is, and Davis is far superior to Murphy. Although Bialkowski's error was a bad one, it's his first league appearance of the season and in a high pressure game. McManaman's run was brilliant, and you could make a case for him being slightly unsighted by a defender or two. No excuse for that kind of error, but it's understandable. As for Brighton's Casper Akergren, he has always really been a League One goalkeeper. That's where he enjoyed his best success with Leeds, and that's where Brighton picked him up as well, but he managed over 100 appearances for Brøndby, which is nothing to be sniffed at. Goalkeepers will always make mistakes. Victor Valdes made a shocking error last night, but that doesn't mean that Murphy's distribution is better than his. I can't understand how some people seem to be happy with Murphy. He wouldn't play at any other team in the league.

Nonleagueherewecome

Bartosz Bialkowski isn't Southampton's first-choice goalkeeper, Kelvin Davis is, and Davis is far superior to Murphy. Although Bialkowski's error was a bad one, it's his first league appearance of the season and in a high pressure game.

The Bartman didn't just make one error, he made four absolute howlers. He basically didn't look like a GK at all. The shot he tried to save with his chest made it look like he didn't know he was allowed to use his hands. He makes Murphy look like Westwood and Dunn look like Banks!

Users who are viewing this thread