Apparently Strachan tried to sign Andre Pirlio (1 Viewer)

Otis

Nope. I've no idea who he/she is either!

Good old Covmad. :whistle:

Strachan Tried To Sign Andre Pirlio

By Covsupport News Service
Updated Tuesday, 25th June 2013
Views: 638

City Could Have Had Pirlio
According to a tweet from The Strachan Foundation, which will be opening up new premises at Evesham United, former Coventry City manager Gordon Strachan tried to sign current Juventus and Italian star Andre Pirlio.
The tweet says: "Gordon Strachan "When I was manager of Coventry I met up with Andrea Pirlos agent to bring him to the club when he was a youth team striker"

lordsummerisle

Nope. I've no idea who he/she is either!

Good old Covmad. :whistle:

Strachan Tried To Sign Andre Pirlio

By Covsupport News Service
Updated Tuesday, 25th June 2013
Views: 638

City Could Have Had Pirlio
According to a tweet from The Strachan Foundation, which will be opening up new premises at Evesham United, former Coventry City manager Gordon Strachan tried to sign current Juventus and Italian star Andre Pirlio.
The tweet says: "Gordon Strachan "When I was manager of Coventry I met up with Andrea Pirlos agent to bring him to the club when he was a youth team striker"

Selective quoting there Otis, the full quote had this on the end

"fortunately Simon Haworth became available and he was the better option all round".

Evo1883

apparently Brazilian Ronaldo was seen on gosford street in 99 buying a beano mag

RoboCCFC90

I met Zidane in West Orchards in 98 and he said that he was all but ready to sign for us..

BigadamL

Pirlio is one of the best midfielders in the world at the minute, could hit a 50p from 80yards

dont really see the point of this artical coming out tho, i could of won the lottery............if i had put it on.:eek:

lordsummerisle

I met Zidane in West Orchards in 98 and he said that he was all but ready to sign for us..

He had a flat in Leamington at the time, but had to leave under a bit of a cloud when a dead body was found inside it. Remember the headline in the Evening Telegraph at the time?

"Murder on Zidane's floor".

withers

who knows what dizzying heights we could've reached with Pirlo pulling strings alongside Paul Telfer in midfield

RoboCCFC90

He had a flat in Leamington at the time, but had to leave under a bit of a cloud when a dead body was found inside it. Remember the headline in the Evening Telegraph at the time?

"Murder on Zidane's floor".

:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:Quality son, Your on form today!

Nonleagueherewecome

Riise and Trezeguet, too. :(

ajsccfc

Pirlo gradually moved further downfield and became the player he is thanks largely to managers seeing the qualities he possessed. We'd have Andy Ducros'd the shit out of him and he'd be at Fleetwood now.

Otis

Pirlo gradually moved further downfield and became the player he is thanks largely to managers seeing the qualities he possessed. We'd have Andy Ducros'd the shit out of him and he'd be at Fleetwood now.

Pirlo was great. But who the hell is Pirlio? :thinking about:

One day Covmad will actually get something right.

Last week St. Andrews had been muted as a ground apparently.

:whistle:

skybluebeduff

If CovMad want to just publish shite, then don't insult a legendary midfielder by spelling his name oh so wrong. It's Andrea Pirlo.

We also tried signing Robert Ja......... ah fook it!

ajsccfc

I always rated Pirlo, so England's hopelessness last year was offset by a nice smugness I felt as he waltzed around showing that he probably could do it against Stoke on a wet midweek game after all. As for that Lionel kid though, jury's still out. And how good can Totti really be if Blackburn never made a bid?

procdoc

I seem to remember reading that we turned down the chance to sign Van Nistelrooy because Strachan was happy with Whelan and Huckerby at the time

We also came close to signing Zenden when he was young but for some reason he chose Barcelona instead

Covstu

and henderson and Andy Carroll etc etc blah blah.... I wonder how many 'i could have signed' stories each club has every year!!

Users who are viewing this thread