apple tv... (1 Viewer)

Colin1883

Anyone had theirs 'seen to'?

Because I'm led to believe it opens up a whole new 'world' of tv

n1xon

i have. its great. i have a apple tv 2 not able to "see to" it on 3rd generation yet tho.

n1xon

basically you can just jailbreak it and add xbmc. add add ons to xbmc like 1channel.ch icefilms ect get most sports channels espn, sky sports, ppv fights plus all the 18+ stuff if you want. basically if there is a stream available your more than likely to get it on there. my mrs loves it as she gets to watch the american programmes when they have been on tv over there and before her friends at work.

im sure you can get xbmc for android and your pc. i got the apple tv as i got a macbook, iphone ect. muggings here has bought into the overpriced apple world for some reason :facepalm:

rswxite

basically you can just jailbreak it and add xbmc. add add ons to xbmc like 1channel.ch icefilms ect get most sports channels espn, sky sports, ppv fights plus all the 18+ stuff if you want. basically if there is a stream available your more than likely to get it on there. my mrs loves it as she gets to watch the american programmes when they have been on tv over there and before her friends at work.

im sure you can get xbmc for android and your pc. i got the apple tv as i got a macbook, iphone ect. muggings here has bought into the overpriced apple world for some reason :facepalm:

Didnt know you could jailbreak Apple TV?? Any links mate? Very interested!! :)

jon92

Unfortunately, as with iOS 6.1.3, the bug fixes are actually patches for the exploits used in the latest evasi0n jailbreak. So if your Apple TV is jailbroken, or you would like it to be in the future, you’ll want to be sure to stay away from this update

Nick

Administrator

I was thinking about getting an Android box, with XBMC how do you get the plugins and which are the good ones?

n1xon

yes you can only get it on apple tvs 1 and 2 there is no jailbreak for a apple tv 3 as yet. which is why the apple tv 1 and 2 go for around £175-200 on ebay seeing you can buy a brand apple tv 3 £99 in the shops they are sort after.

my personal favourite add ons and really only 3 i use are sports devil everything i have wanted to watch sports wise (as long as it is on tv or a stream on the net) i have been able to find. and for tv movies i use 1channel.ch and icefilms. there is more but it comes down to personal preferences of what you would like to watch.

its worth just having a google and looking on youtube for xbmc, nito tv which i have. oh and seas0npass is another another i believe may be worth a look at.

Users who are viewing this thread