Appleton Speaks (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

STATEMENT ON BEHALF OF PAUL APPLETON

Since being appointed as Joint Administrator for Coventry City FC Limited (CCFCL) less than a week ago, I have been investigating a number of complex issues surrounding the Club.

Today’s decision by Arena Coventry Limited (ACL) to withdraw their own Application for an Administration Order now leaves me with the sole task of continuing those investigations.
The position is the same as it was last Friday. CCFCL is in administration, Coventry City FC (Holdings) Limited is not.

Much has been said and written in the media from both sides. My task is to remain impartial, however, I need to make a few points clear to the most important people involved in this situation - the Coventry City fans.

There are obvious concerns amongst supporters and season ticket holders surrounding the future of the Club.

The main ones that are concerning the fans relate to the Club’s ability to fulfill its remaining fixtures, where the three final home matches will be played and the prospect of a 10-point deduction by the Football League.
I’d like to address these in order.

While CCFCL - which was the tenant under the terms of the lease and licence to occupy the Ricoh Arena - is in Administration, Coventry City Football Club (Holdings) Limited is not and will continue to run as normal under its existing management.

I met with Steven Pressley last week to give him, the players and the Club staff those assurances.

There has been much speculation following the decision by the Club to withdraw its staff from the Ricoh Arena last Friday that the Club would be forced to ground-share for the rest of the season.

I understand there is a scenario where a compromise between the Club and ACL remains a possibility. If, in my position as Administrator, I can help mediate between the two sides, then that is something I am happy to do. That is my message to both parties.

As for the possibility of a 10-point deduction, that all depends on who holds the Golden Share which allows the Club to play in the Football League.
CCFC (Holdings) Ltd believe they hold the Golden Share and, as they are not in Administration, should not be deducted 10 points.

The Football League believe the Golden Share rests with CCFC Ltd which would potentially mean points being docked.

I am continuing my investigation into the matter and, as such, cannot yet comment. All I would say is that I will endeavour to keep the fans as up to date as possible within the limitations of my role.

Inevitably, the process of Administration is a lengthy and complicated one and while I appreciate the pressing concerns of the all Coventry City fans, I would ask for their patience while my investigations continue

deanocity3

Since being appointed as Joint Administrator for Coventry City FC Limited (CCFCL) less than a week ago, I have been investigating a number of complex issues surrounding the Club.

Today’s decision by Arena Coventry Limited (ACL) to withdraw their own Application for an Administration Order now leaves me with the sole task of continuing those investigations.
The position is the same as it was last Friday. CCFCL is in administration, Coventry City FC (Holdings) Limited is not.

Much has been said and written in the media from both sides. My task is to remain impartial, however, I need to make a few points clear to the most important people involved in this situation - the Coventry City fans.

There are obvious concerns amongst supporters and season ticket holders surrounding the future of the Club.

The main ones that are concerning the fans relate to the Club’s ability to fulfill its remaining fixtures, where the three final home matches will be played and the prospect of a 10-point deduction by the Football League.

While CCFCL - which was the tenant under the terms of the lease and licence to occupy the Ricoh Arena - is in Administration, Coventry City Football Club (Holdings) Limited is not and will continue to run as normal under its existing management.

I met with Steven Pressley last week to give him, the players and the Club staff those assurances.

There has been much speculation following the decision by the Club to withdraw its staff from the Ricoh Arena last Friday that the Club would be forced to ground-share for the rest of the season.

I understand there is a scenario where a compromise between the Club and ACL remains a possibility. If, in my position as Administrator, I can help mediate between the two sides, then that is something I am happy to do. That is my message to both parties.

As for the possibility of a 10-point deduction, that all depends on who holds the Golden Share which allows the Club to play in the Football League.
CCFC (Holdings) Ltd believe they hold the Golden Share and, as they are not in Administration, should not be deducted 10 points.

The Football League believe the Golden Share rests with CCFC Ltd which would potentially mean points being docked.

I am continuing my investigation into the matter and, as such, cannot yet comment. All I would say is that I will endeavour to keep the fans as up to date as possible within the limitations of my role.

Inevitably, the process of Administration is a lengthy and complicated one and while I appreciate the pressing concerns of the all Coventry City fans, I would ask for their patience while my investigations continue

What a load of tosh,Whose paying this twat

6 Generations

'No shit, Sherlock!!!

Skyblueweeman

Interesting...

When I saw the thread title, I thought 'what has Michael f**king Appleton got to say on this matter?' He's had as many clubs this season as we've had full time managers!

WM

Skyblueweeman

Really guys? Why the beef with this guy? Christ sake...we've been complaining that someone needs to mediate between the two sides of the ongoing playground debate and when someone does (and keeps the fans updated), they're berated??

Jesus wept.....

WM

ccfcway

Interesting...

When I saw the thread title, I thought 'what has Michael f**king Appleton got to say on this matter?' He's had as many clubs this season as we've had full time managers!

WM

To be fair, I am sure Michael Appleton would have something to say, he always does !

ccfcway

Really guys? Why the beef with this guy? Christ sake...we've been complaining that someone needs to mediate between the two sides of the ongoing playground debate and when someone does (and keeps the fans updated), they're berated??

Jesus wept.....

WM

A mediator appointed by SISU :whistle:

spwaverley4916

well atleast I understand that - as I was struggling with all the "he said she said" stuff that has been all over the forum, press and tv. :claping hands:

The CableGuy

"I met with Steven Pressley last week to give him, the players and the Club staff those assurances."

polls_roflmfao_0118_375250_poll_xlarge.jpeg

sw88

Chief Commentator!
A bit more detailed that Fishys statements.

Still confused why the owners of a company do not know what part of a company an 'asset' is in! And surely the FL are the ones with the right info, considering they are the ones who consent to clubs starting the season?

And if CCFCH now have the shares, they can only have been fraudulently transferred behind the FL's back, which in itself will be punishable!

theferret

Jesus wept.....

WM

Agree. He's an independent administrator, it isn't for him to have an agenda. Unless you think the conspiracy runs so deep that he is a plant doing SISU's bidding.

ccfcway

Agree. He's an independent administrator, it isn't for him to have an agenda. Unless you think the conspiracy runs so deep that he is a plant doing SISU's bidding.

Doesnt take much "blue sky thinking" does it. He was nominated by SISU.

Sky Blue Pete

His comments don't make sense though. It should be easy to tell who has the share. Surely. Did we ask the football league to move it? Yes or no? If yes when? If no oops! If recently have we paperwork to say it was ok? If not oops

torchomatic

Skyblueweeman

the first line says
Since being appointed as Joint Administrator for Coventry City FC Limited
joint with who?

Good question actually. Unless he has a colleague from his company? I'm not sure if 'Joint' can refer to two individuals from the same company or whether it's meant to mean two different companies.

WM

ccfcway

And today accepted by ACL? :whistle::claping hands:

Did they have a choice, as the company they want to put in admin is in admin. How could they reject something that is out of their control, as effectively they didnt put the company into admin, SISU did it themselves.

Skyblueweeman

Did they have a choice, as the company they want to put in admin is in admin. How could they reject something that is out of their control, as effectively they didnt put the company into admin, SISU did it themselves.

Off course they did. Surely? The court today I would've imagined could've rejected the choice of administrator if they didn't think they were relevant to the situation?

theferret

Doesnt take much "blue sky thinking" does it. He was nominated by SISU.

Makes no difference in the scheme of things. He is legally obliged to act independently and in the interests of all creditors. He is an officer of the court

If he's an idiot, then he's an impartial idiot.

Don't go in for all the paranoia myself. What next, Fisher is an alien and Waggot a shape shifter?

Ashdown1

SISU are used to being cosy with administrators aren't they, its their field of regular play for them. This individual sounds like a spokesman not someone who is totally impartial !!

Gint11

Excuse me while I go and suck an egg.

Users who are viewing this thread