Are we being played? (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

Think about it.

SISU say nothing since the news comes out. CCFC fan base goes into hysteria at the prospect of losing the Ricoh. Fans formally known as council lover's arrange protest against the council. Then 3 working days before a council meeting JS says she won't stand in the way of a takeover of ACL, fan hysteria is now at boiling point. Les Reid returns to the scene of the crime and tells us scary stories about the "true intentions" of the Wasps consortium and who the pantomime villains are behind it. More fan hysteria.

Could it possibly be that the "wasps" consortium is going for a hostile take over of CCFC by acquiring the Ricoh first as has been suggested? Could it be that JS needs us, the CCFC fan's to stop this happening as the good people of Coventry are the only people who now have the power to protect her investment by lobbying councillors, protesting and signing petitions?

I can't help but feel that all of a sudden Joy needs us more than we need her. Are we in the driving seat and we don't know it?

I might of course just be a paranoid idiot who thinks he was Ghengus Khan in a previous life.

I think we need more information on this consortium so we can make some informed decisions about which horse we should be backing. Who knows we could end up derailing the best thing that's happened to the club in years all because we're blinded by mass panic and hysteria. It's a theory anyway.

Last edited:

Ian1779

I can't see how it's possible for a hostile takeover to acquire the club via the Ricoh ownership. SISU could simply move again, and given the previous precedent they would probably get supported by the FL to do it.

skybluetony176

I can't see how it's possible for a hostile takeover to acquire the club via the Ricoh ownership. SISU could simply move again, and given the previous precedent they would probably get supported by the FL to do it.

I don't know how it would be possible either but Les Reid via twitter seems to. He also mentioned the golden share stating it could get messy. I don't see how. We all know that faced with the prospect of not being able to fulfil their fixture list the FL will hand the golden share to practically anyone. Unfortunately LR is telling us nothing by telling us something.

I'm intrigued to know more about this consortium and what it actually means for the club and if it will actually change anything for wasps. You can't learn all that from 2 twitter posts. I think we owe it to ourselves to try and get the bigger picture. For clarity if nothing else.

chiefdave

I don't know how it would be possible either but Les Reid via twitter seems to. He also mentioned the golden share stating it could get messy. I don't see how. We all know that faced with the prospect of not being able to fulfil their fixture list the FL will hand the golden share to practically anyone. Unfortunately LR is telling us nothing by telling us something.

I can't really see much of a grey area with the golden share while SISU, or whatever name they are currently using, hold it. The FL aren't going to suddenly take it off them and hand it to someone else.

The only scenario I could possibly see is at the end of the current contract the new Ricoh owners refuse to extend and no new ground has been built. At that point if SISU refuse to sell the club and liquidate a potential new owner could argue they should get the share as they were willing to purchase it but SISU refused to sell despite not being able to fulfil fixtures.

Sbarcher

Wasps buy Ricoh, SISU buy Wasps, job done.

Users who are viewing this thread