Are we safe now? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
We are 12 points clear with 5 games left (3 of those at home) so have people relaxed a little bit now?

Do any maths boffins know what we need to do to become mathematically safe?

rob9872

Safe? We can reach the play offs on goal difference still! Five games to, 15 points behind - Premier League here we come.

Rich

Can you see any of the teams below us ending up with more points than we have now. I bet a fiver to anyone that'll accept that the bottom 3 at the end of the season dont manage 49 points.

ajsccfc

We are 12 points clear with 5 games left (3 of those at home) so have people relaxed a little bit now?

Do any maths boffins know what we need to do to become mathematically safe?

While not strictly mathematically safe just yet, we more or less need the equivalent of one more point combined with Scunthorpe failing to win just one of their games, barring the possibility of some freakish scorelines of course.

smileycov

Facebook User
Either a draw at least against Scunthorpe or 1 more win would guarrantee safety!!

Personally i look at it now as we are safe, there is no way the bottom 3 are going to win 4 and draw the remaining 1 to overtake us. (unless they win the 4 buy about 5 goals each!!)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Officially 3 points still needed for absolute guaranteed safety, but lots of permutations can still see us through ok with only 1 or 2 points. Pretty much sure of staying in Championship, Nick!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
cant see any of the bottom 3 winning the points they need to catch us. They have to win 4 and draw 1 out of 5 (or better)to pass us and we lose all 5. Plus we play Scunthorpe and Preston play Sheff Utd. So mathematically no we arent but the reality is 99.9% certain we are safe.

PHEW!!!!!!!!

rob9872

I think we were safe before last night albeit not mathematically. Those bottom three look doomed to me and I can't even see any of them reaching Palace's current points total of 43.

However I would like us to get another win or two just in case the administration still happens as I'm not totally sure I believe al that we have been told.

hamil99

Facebook User
Safe? We can reach the play offs on goal difference still! Five games to, 15 points behind - Premier League here we come.

I'll be dreaming of this tonite mate....cud u imagine gettin promoted after all the shit we've been through.

Rich

Can you see any of the teams below us ending up with more points than we have now. I bet a fiver to anyone that'll accept that the bottom 3 at the end of the season dont manage 49 points.

No-one fancies taking my bet then? That must mean we're safe.

rob9872

No-one fancies taking my bet then? That must mean we're safe.

Bookie in skinny odds shocker! :D

IF I was considering it (and I'm not) I think I would prefer to take the five four-folds on each of them winning their remaining fixtures that would be required at much greater odds :)

Users who are viewing this thread