Article: Clive Platt to go on loan to Norwich City (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
There is cutting costs and getting rid of all of our players!

I thought he was injured though?

matesx

we havent a pot to piss in

a relegation run in and we're letting players go

it must be bad up there

Sky Blue M

To be fair he is probably the worst striker at the club for the tactics that Thorn seems to want to play so letting him go makes sense to me.

ccfcway

Where are all the "King Haters" ??

You would have thought, that if King was off at the end of the season, and he was as disruptive as some would have you believe, it would have been best to get King off the wage book, and potential bring someone in on loan for a LOT less money and reduce the wage bill.

Warped logic on my part, but i see this as a positive, and that the club want to keep King here long term.

6 Generations

Worst striker or not ( and that statement is open for debate), with a deficiency of centre halves,surely this mans height alone would benefit us when defending set pieces. Anyone else think that Celtics Westwood bid of '£3.50 and a bag of 'aggis' now sounds enticing?

Robccfc87

King, juke, Freddy and Gary mac will suffice for our run in, maybe it's a good thing that we are off loading a target man as Thorn likes to play it on the deck?!

rob9872

I always felt that Dele Adebola was also the worst striker at the time but it was still a ludicrous decision to let him go and nearly cost us our status as a Championship club. I'm not a fan of Platt but I would rather play him than be forced to risk someone like Jeffers just yet, who struggled to make the bench at L2/conference.

If we were freeing wages to get a short term replacement then fine, but to lose another body, regardless of how good or bad they are, when we are short on numbers and at such a crucial stage of the season is a worry. I hope and pray that I'm wrong.

fellatio_Martinez

Where are all the "King Haters" ??

You would have thought, that if King was off at the end of the season, and he was as disruptive as some would have you believe, it would have been best to get King off the wage book, and potential bring someone in on loan for a LOT less money and reduce the wage bill.

Warped logic on my part, but i see this as a positive, and that the club want to keep King here long term.

Who says anyone wants King?

He'll be signed into a nice little contract now, so if no one wants to take him then the club will either pay his wages and let him play or terminate his contract and pay him off. Both would be as expensive I'd think.

rob9872

You may not like King but even if you believe that he isn't EPL class, it would be tremendously naive of you to believe that some of the teams he has performed against at this level this season didn't belive that his quality could improve what they currently have. Particularly a team on the verge of the play-offs who might need that little extra spark for only a small investment.

Nick

Administrator
I think he would be great at a team like Swansea who like to pass it, especially with Sinclair setting him up ;)

smileycov

Facebook User
Lets hope we go to Norwich safe, and not get relegated by a Platt header 2 mins into added time.......oh, we love to concede late!!

Bet SISU would be happy with there "brilliant deal" then!

bamalamafizzfazz

I'm disappointed to be losing Platt. I think in our current situation we need all the players we have. I appreciate that Thorn wants to play attacking football and that Platt doesn't always fit in with that mentality but its useful to have a 'plan b' player. I was always of the opinion that Platt wasn't used to the best of his abilities anyway, his first touch at times was sublime and his awareness of players around him was his main strength. On a further point, was he really being paid that much that getting rid has that much of an affect on the wage bill. Reasons like this coming from the club start the alarm bells ringing.

n1xon

he just dont fit in the way thorn wants to play. and also got the young shaun jeffers back.

rob9872

It's only just occurred to me that all of us gloom and doom merchants are reading too much into this and that it icould be positive news.

He wasn't in the team
He was one of AB's boys and not scouted by Andy Thorn, so not only forzen out but could be sulking or even disruptive
We may have inserted a clause not only preventing him playing aginst us but that we can recall him if required
Thorn may have said, "find yourself a club lad" and from Colchester not a million miles from Norwich where he could have family in the area
Thorn may have also told AB that Platt simply doesn't fit the style we will play (good) and that he is surplus to requirements because he is confident and happy with what we have

Of course I could be talking complete rubbish (as usual) and this is the PR line I would expect City to spin us regardless, but we can't jump to conlusions without any facts.

rob9872

I don't think Shaun Jeffers has any bearing Nixon. If we were safe in mid-table we could bed him in here but as he can't get a game two/three levels below us then I doubt he is ready yet

sky_blue_up_north

Don't think this is a big deal, we have Juxy, Little Sheff, Eastwood and King.... would like to see a centre half bought it, but there is fat chance of that

Dinyull

Platt is terrible and we have a few players that can play up front.

The most worrying aspect of this is he must be one of the lower earners @ the club so getting him off the wage bill show's just how big we're in the shit.

The CableGuy

HE'S STAYING!
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...y-city-after-loan-move-u-turn-92746-28387901/
The promotion-chasing Canaries inquired about taking the 31-year-old striker for the last eight games of the season and the Sky Blues board seemed poised to agree, if only to reduce their wage bill.

But caretaker boss Andy Thorn today insisted: "He’s going nowhere."

"We are absolutely down to the bare bones and cannot afford to let anyone out at this stage of the season."

You tell em, Andy!

GaryPendrysEyes

1.Serious question-- If King gets sent off again what length of ban does he get??

2. As to him being an 'attractive acquisition' to another team as a loan now-- really?? With 8 games or so left why take on a load of disruptive negativity for a player that has just served a 4 game ban and has probably lost match fitness?

And really why the presentation of King as some kind of hero-- he just got a 4 match ban at a key time because he lost his temper.. just stupid and he should have been fined. In the end weve had months of King hanging around the team,getting fit, injured, banned--- he has been a serious disruption to us this year; and if we go down he will have SOME responsibility for that (hardly a hero).

Nick

Administrator
1.Serious question-- If King gets sent off again what length of ban does he get??

2. As to him being an 'attractive acquisition' to another team as a loan now-- really?? With 8 games or so left why take on a load of disruptive negativity for a player that has just served a 4 game ban and has probably lost match fitness?

And really why the presentation of King as some kind of hero-- he just got a 4 match ban at a key time because he lost his temper.. just stupid and he should have been fined. In the end weve had months of King hanging around the team,getting fit, injured, banned--- he has been a serious disruption to us this year; and if we go down he will have SOME responsibility for that (hardly a hero).

This was about Platt though?

Users who are viewing this thread