Article: "I can save Coventry City" says Gary Hoffman (1 Viewer)

skyblu3sk

Yep been bouncing round the forums for a while all they did was get a quote. we now have a few different people looking for investment. big whoop doesn't mean they will find it...

bamalamafizzfazz

Finally read it, I have to say that my optimism has wained. Its a positive action of intent but in the grand scheme of things its just as you say- papertalk.
At 7am this morning, I had visions of an extra 5000 fans singing Hoffman's name on Saturday against Watford but that doesn't look too likely.
Like I have said before Gary Hoffman no longer works for the club and could have come out and said "I wouldn't touch Coventry City with a barge pole" but he hasn't. He wants to save our club and is working to do so and by the sounds of it is saying the right things.
Did anyone actually think that big news like an official takeover would have been broken by the CET and would not have been plastered all over TV as soon as it was confirmed?

Big News my ar*e. Gary Hoffman brown nosing the fans at best. Its the kind of crap your boss comes out with the week before the company goes t*ts up. Whats tomorrows bomb shell. Daffodils are starting to grow in the park 'shocker'. Well with all those extra copies printed there is a glut of toilet paper.

ccfcway

dont worry, I'm pretty sure the fans will get blamed for not buying the Telegraph.....

It's bound to be our fault, always is !

sky_blue_up_north

Normal tosh... not surprised, is anyone else

rob9872

Dinsah the second

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
christ like somethig we didnt know, us the fans are ahead of the board and the club every week we know before they do how slow do they think we are.

kg82

What exactly is Hoffman to the club now anyway? I know he stepped down from the board so why is he actively seeking investment if he's not on the board anymore? What role has he got at City? Is he doing this off his own back? Sorry, I'm just a bit confused.

Great_Expectations

Yes officially he has no ties or role to Coventry City FC, which implies he is doing it off his own back. He must see some positive in finding investment and taking over City, although the fact he is actually a city fan probably plays some part in why it is us he wants investment for.

Alternatively he is mental.

covey1987

As we all know that Hoffman & Ranson are good buddies. The fact that Ranson is no longer a board member would mean that he could be involved in any new take over of the club which may allow him to, longer term, get some of the money back he has apparently lost in resigning as chairman. Again though unless we get to own at least 50% of ACL then the club will struggle with revenue streams to progress.

Nonleagueherewecome

Hoffman does indeed say in the CET interview that he and Ranson are "shoulder to shoulder" on this. He talks about how Ranson has fallen for the club and is still desperate to implement the vision that was destroyed from the sale of Dann/Fox onwards. Meaning a steady building job where we DON'T sell our best players-the Thomas sale apparantly being the final straw for him. That does fit in with the one unique thing about Ranson-he is an ex-footballer, which is fairly rare as a chairman, and he wants to prove that this can give him the edge. If he isn't undermined by the owners!

There may be something in that: when Dann & Fox came in they certainly felt more like Ranson signings than Dowies. And we know how close he is to Thorn. Where would we be now if we'd kept Dann/Fox and kept adding quality to it? Just adding those 2 to the present first team squad would transform our quality.

SirWankerBanker

This is just another distracion we dont need at the moment..he should have kept a lid on it untill we had finished the season..so we knew where we are because if we go down his "investors" will probably run a mile!

Nonleagueherewecome

But look at my previous post, made before the Ranson interview saying we wanted Cork, Henderson and Carroll to add to those I mention. It's nice to know what guys they had in mind...mmm, they would have done nicely! So if there is any hope of the RR/GH thing happening, they will have my support 100%. I just fear that they won't get the dosh, and SISU-Brody, certainly-see them as enemies, or at least scapegoats. And-to give the guy the credit
-Andy Thorn no doubted spotted Henderson and Carrolls true potential WAY before anyone else in football, as he did to an extent the likes of Dann/Fox/Westwood. As RR's "eyes" and buddy he's in a tricky position now. If he does get us going playing the style he wants, he deserves the manager job regardless. If he produces the goods, I'd hate to see him ditched on the basis that he's a Ranson man. Eric Black number 2 perhaps.

Great_Expectations

But look at my previous post, made before the Ranson interview saying we wanted Cork, Henderson and Carroll to add to those I mention. It's nice to know what guys they had in mind...mmm, they would have done nicely! So if there is any hope of the RR/GH thing happening, they will have my support 100%. I just fear that they won't get the dosh, and SISU-Brody, certainly-see them as enemies, or at least scapegoats. And-to give the guy the credit
-Andy Thorn no doubted spotted Henderson and Carrolls true potential WAY before anyone else in football, as he did to an extent the likes of Dann/Fox/Westwood. As RR's "eyes" and buddy he's in a tricky position now. If he does get us going playing the style he wants, he deserves the manager job regardless. If he produces the goods, I'd hate to see him ditched on the basis that he's a Ranson man. Eric Black number 2 perhaps.

Regardless of how he does in the next few games, Thorn would be an ideal appointment for the current regime, a scout turned manager = cheap wages.

SkyBlueUkeman

I think Sisu have probably asked Hoffman to keep talking about hope to keep us amused & to pull the wool over our eyes. He and ranson are the Good Cops and Sisu are the Bad Cops. Im getting very tired with it all now...

Nick

Administrator
I think Sisu have probably asked Hoffman to keep talking about hope to keep us amused & to pull the wool over our eyes. He and ranson are the Good Cops and Sisu are the Bad Cops. Im getting very tired with it all now...

I have to remind myself that sometimes it is about footy!

RansonRarrr

Supported Sky Blues for over 15 years, miss the West Terrace Days. I wonder if the new board even know what the West Terrace is.
Hoffman is a local man - clearly has good intentions for the club and It is unfortunate that SISU did not appear the support Ray Ranson's vision and aspirations for the club.
I just hope Hoffman and Ranson return to the boardroom one day as I'm finding it very difficult to see any positives in Ken and the new lot

Users who are viewing this thread