Article: Ray Ranson set to resign as Coventry City Chairman (1 Viewer)

sky_blue_up_north

We are n deep deep do do...

rob9872

There were remarks made about this appearing in the Mirror yesterday. Isn't the Telegraph part of the Mirror newsgroup?

If they are then it's possible there is some substance in the King story too.

RR resigning hardly a surprise as he has no power to make any decisions any longer - shame but that's football. Not terrible to see him go but he was a football man and better than the alternative options we haev been left with if no new cash injection can be sought

Nick

Administrator
Maybe the 2 things are related and Ranson didn't like King being sent out on loan?

rob9872

He did come out and say AB had lost the dressing room. I know they wanted to show a united front but he would have simply not commented at all so I think we're possibly reading too much into that. He's a successful businessman before here and probably felt powerless and that he was wasting his time so inevitable. His company own 20% stake in the club and as they won't be easy to sell when we're worth nothing we may not have seen the last of him just yet

SkyBlueScottie

doomed, dont know how we are going to get out of this, I suggest that Thorn will also leave in the near future which mean the odd decent player we have fopund will also dry up

fellatio_Martinez

Given his last two managerial appointments, I'll quite happily open the door for him on his way out.

It's just worrying that he's resigning. There's a sense of hopelessness about it all :(

SkyBlueScottie

Given his last two managerial appointments, I'll quite happily open the door for him on his way out.

It's just worrying that he's resigning. There's a sense of hopelessness about it all :(

Yep, its not so much whether you agreed with his decisions or not, its the implications it has on the whole club, ie rats and sinking ships etc....

Walking Bird

Don't know if he has better sources than the Telegraph but Stuart Linell has tweeted : really not sure what's going on; something being announced today it seems, but I'm told NOT RR quitting. We'll see...

Nick

Administrator
Don't know if he has better sources than the Telegraph but Stuart Linell has tweeted : really not sure what's going on; something being announced today it seems, but I'm told NOT RR quitting. We'll see...

Maybe it is Marlon King going to Cardiff?

sternslovchild

Does Linell know anything? His tweets contain less info than my facebook status updates late night on a Friday. He is part of the media/bbc quest to make twitter a useful tool.

Walking Bird

Does Linell know anything? His tweets contain less info than my facebook status updates late night on a Friday. He is part of the media/bbc quest to make twitter a useful tool.

True, but possibly a little more reliable than "Jim the gateman".

LarryGrayson

our answer to franny lee cheerio cheerio shame this ex soton guy didnt do owt there mind

Disorganised1

Announcement imminent according to SSGL

Dinyull

Looks like Ranson's been SISU's puppet all along, tried doing thing the correct way (apart from appointing managers) but was always out voted. This off season is going to be interesting even if we stay up.

GaryPendrysEyes

Lets face it RR has been a dead dog as a Chairman-- he has never injected any passion or optimism into the club and his communication has been dire. The timing (if true) is bizarre you would have thought he would wait until the end of the season. Anyone know anything at all about the new guy?

The big question is 'What is happening about a new manager now?' I guess it may be on hold-- and it will all be down to Thorn....
As to the players I guess it will be every man for himself.. which aint gonna help team spirit now either....

rob9872

The timing is probably that he wants to leave the sinking ship and not be forever linked as the man who took us either into administration, League 1 or both

skybluetom

I said on GMK when it came out players we're being sold from around him that his position was untenable, he clearly has little into what actually goes which makes his role as chairman pointless.

Godiva

As I said yesterday - he is probably being forced out.
He holds a significant shares position and either the shareholder agreement will have a calculation on what price SISU can overtake his shares (and that will not be at the initial cost) or he will have to leave his shares at the club without any influence on the clubs development.
Either way he stands to lose by resigning.

He hasn't kept his financial plans. The club haven't developed in a positiv way during his chaimanship. SISU simply had to get rid of him.

I don't think it's personal - Business is business. No room for emotions.

LarryGrayson

how about he leaves now so when he tries to buy back in with hoffyman then the fans are on his side if he stays then their not and if it all goes pear shaped then hes blamed now he can point as sisu so when he and hoffyman come back then they look lick heroes

CovKingChris

Facebook User
Basically what's happening is...

Ranson has been made a consultant at the club with Sisu's bitch who is as whipped at Kunta Kinte was in Roots has been put in charge. This bringing them less press as they were probably unhappy that ranson had been telling the press about the decisions to sell players were theirs and not his.

Great_Expectations

The differences between what RR has been telling us are his objectives and the reality, are perhaps not down to him but those further up the hierarchy.

The potential sale of king and who knows what else may have been the trigger but I would suggest that the real reasons are more deep rooted than that.

The decision to appoint AB may tar his reputation with many but overall we can, and have, had a lot worse chairman. It appears he had his hands tied for a lot of his reign, the sales of Fox and Dann to name just two things he opposed.

Another victim of background politics.

Covstu

I dont understand this RR consultant business, if they did not listen to him when he had a vested interest as Chairman they are certainly not going to listen to him as a consultant! Its just a way to pay him off gracefully...

Users who are viewing this thread