Atmosphere (4 Viewers)

clint van damme

they're silent as fuck apart from the set piece never walk alone bollocks at the start of games

Anfield is quiet more often than not when I watch league games, but I don't think they'd be that quiet at a semi like United were yesterday. There's examples of them brining the atmosphere to Wembley in recent years.
They definitely haven't declined to the extent of the 3 I've mentioned.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The United fans were genuinely terrible. I expected a lot more. Even at 1, 2 or 3 nil - nothing

The first time I really heard them was when the VAR decision happened. Up until then it was a lacklustre effort and we shitted all over them. It summed it up for me when WLADITT was playing some minutes before kick off. Around that time everyone was signing and waving flags, there was a real buzz walking up the stairs to your seat. In their end even for their own song, half the seats were empty, and those that were there seemed to be more interested in BA 1307 flying over on its final approach to land into Heathrow.

Alkhen

What did everyone think yesterday? I only ask because I know where you sit makes a big difference.

I've seen us all 4 times at Wembley and yesterdays atmos seemed the best by far. A lot more in unison. The seige mentality seems massive with us.

Oddly I think the way the tickets were distributed in the different windows really helped with the atmosphere.

I know people were annoyed that their groups were split but it meant that there were hardcore singing fans in amongst the whole crowd which meant the chants could spread. my block was mixed but the lads belting out the chants was infectious and it was rocking at time.

Definitely the best atmosphere of the 4 Wembley trips I have made with Cov

steve101

The spoiler for me was the guy sat by me shouting negativity from the off. What made it worse was his accompanying breath. Maybe if he treated the latter with some mints, it might have reduced the former - if they were chewy enough that is!

hamertime

They used to be a real hard core fanbase, one of the best, and I'm going back to when they were worse than they are now.

Whats happened to them? They're awful.
They were only noisy when they were winning things, anyone can do that. We win nothing and are still the best in the country.

wingy

The spoiler for me was the guy sat by me shouting negativity from the off. What made it worse was his accompanying breath. Maybe if he treated the latter with some mints, it might have reduced the former - if they were chewy enough that is!
There was an extra next to me a villa fan his mate told me ha, bit of alcohol consumed I did wonder if they were the lads behind the pyro's as they seemed to disappear and return at the appropriate times!!

clint van damme

They were only noisy when they were winning things, anyone can do that. We win nothing and are still the best in the country.

No they weren't, they were shit for years before Ferguson and still had a great fanbase in terms of numbers, (which they still have), and backing the team, (which they dont).

bigfatronssba

I'd say that 3 fanbases that I used to really rate have now gone to shit, United, Man City and Arsenal.
Whatever people think of Liverpool they still seem to have something about them even I'd you don't agree with them.

Very true. I can’t stand the scousers, but they do at least generate an atmosphere and the club is still part of its city.

The Manc clubs are now just global brands that happen to be based in Manchester

letsallsingtogether

Just another big six plastic fanbase used to watching in the pub. Seeing them on Twitter thinking clapping your team off and wearing club colours to a game is “cringe”.
Talking of Plastic how cheap was there showing at the start, we had flags they had plastic red and black bags🤣🤣

Flying Fokker

they're silent as fuck apart from the set piece never walk alone bollocks at the start of games
Anthems and songs aren’t set pieces unless it’s Liverpool? It’s part of the game. I haven’t been to many away grounds but Plymouth have their Janners song.

We are killing the opposition with ours.

Users who are viewing this thread