Attendance against Exeter (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I don't think it would make any difference
It's nothing to do with pricing in my opinion
If it was free I still would miss most of the home games. All about having belief your team can win and being entertained on a Saturday afternoon in an exciting atmosphere.
Agreed 100%. I once went to a Bradford game when Bryan Robson was manager and they were slipping inexorably into the third tier, they made a midweek winter game with Watford free. The ground wasn't even half full. Yet in the Premier a couple of years before they were selling out at £25 a ticket.

P.S. I was meaning to ask, do you actually live in Bawtry? It's all my mrs goes on about, how great it is..."oh we should go to Bawtry", "Bawtry's great, let's go there..." and so on. Never been.

Disagree completely I'm afraid.

£24 for a walk up is a disgrace. A lot of my mates don't go for that reason alone.

Personally I play myself so I can't go anyway other than two occasions this season. I would have gone if it wasn't for the cost on both matches.

Nick

Administrator
It isn't just the pricing, it was cheap against Blackburn and the attendance was awful then.

Skybluefaz

It isn't just the pricing, it was cheap against Blackburn and the attendance was awful then.
It's not just the price, but I do think more than twenty quid puts people off. If sisu left and some sort of group, ala pompey, like the trust *shudder* took over then I think we'd have a reaction like when we came back to the ricoh. Full house followed by about 10k. It's a shame.

oucho

Disagree completely I'm afraid.

£24 for a walk up is a disgrace. A lot of my mates don't go for that reason alone.

Personally I play myself so I can't go anyway other than two occasions this season. I would have gone if it wasn't for the cost on both matches.
Question is, if we charged say £10, would the total increase in walkups add up to more than the lower number of walkups paying £24? If not, they're better off charging more. They have obviously costed out the point at which they make the maximum revenue in the demand curve.

Nick

Administrator
It's not just the price, but I do think more than twenty quid puts people off. If sisu left and some sort of group, ala pompey, like the trust *shudder* took over then I think we'd have a reaction like when we came back to the ricoh. Full house followed by about 10k. It's a shame.

It would shoot up for a few games while it was an "occasion" and then would slowly go back down again sadly.

Nick

Administrator
Question is, if we charged say £10, would the total increase in walkups add up to more than the lower number of walkups paying £24? If not, they're better off charging more. They have obviously costed out the point at which they make the maximum revenue in the demand curve.

Hard to say the number of walkups we get now, but I am not sure they would more than double every week if it went down to £10.

Hobo

£24.00 is too high £10.00 is too low.
It should be around £15-20 pounds. Deals for accompanied under 16's and deals for students on production of students union card. With the amount at Coventry and Warwick are the club really trying to capture this market?

bawtryneal

Agreed 100%. I once went to a Bradford game when Bryan Robson was manager and they were slipping inexorably into the third tier, they made a midweek winter game with Watford free. The ground wasn't even half full. Yet in the Premier a couple of years before they were selling out at £25 a ticket.

P.S. I was meaning to ask, do you actually live in Bawtry? It's all my mrs goes on about, how great it is..."oh we should go to Bawtry", "Bawtry's great, let's go there..." and so on. Never been.

Yes ouch, I live about one mile outside Bawtry in a very small village.
If you fancy a trip over one evening would be my pleasure to buy you and your missus dinner
Several good restaurants and usually a good buzz on a Friday or Saturday evening.
Are you in the Lincoln area from memory.

Ashdown

This is SISU your talking about.

Ashdown

Wasn't that just a cup comp ( League Cup ) with weakened teams ? A regular price of £15 is enough at that level and compensates some part of the other costs of attending.

Nick

Administrator
Wasn't that just a cup comp ( League Cup ) with weakened teams ? A regular price of £15 is enough at that level and compensates some part of the other costs of attending.

What other costs of attending are there that need to be compensated?

Nick

Administrator
Petrol, food, parking, beer etc...

They aren't all necessities of going though, bar petrol. if you drive.

If it's about money, you can park for free and walk 10 minutes and take food with you.

I don't think at £15 the walkup would go up that much to cover it, thats why they seem to be pushing match packages a lot more.

bawtryneal

I don't understand the logic (unless you are really really skint, in which case don't go anyway) that you would attend a match if it is £15 but will not if it's is £22.
The "other costs" of parking, petrol etc are the same whether the admission is £22, £15 or it's free.
For me its all about entertainment value and enjoying an afternoon or evening out. Any other reason other than ill health is just an excuse not to attend.

Nick

Administrator
I don't understand the logic (unless you are really really skint, in which case don't go anyway) that you would attend a match if it is £15 but will not if it's is £22.
The "other costs" of parking, petrol etc are the same whether the admission is £22, £15 or it's free.
For me its all about entertainment value and enjoying an afternoon or evening out. Any other reason other than ill health is just an excuse not to attend.

I do know people who turn their nose up on price, but again when they go they need to have a couple of pints and fish and chips at the ground so it takes the price over anyway. If money / price was an issue just get a meal deal from Tesco for £3 and some sausage rolls from Greggs.

bawtryneal

If it's about money, you can park for free and walk 10 minutes and take food with you.

I don't think at £15 the walkup would go up that much to cover it, thats why they seem to be pushing match packages a lot more.

I do not disagree Nick and I am not being pedantic but I can never find parking 10 minutes from the Ricoh. Please let me know as will save me £5.
Times are tough up North

oucho

Yes ouch, I live about one mile outside Bawtry in a very small village.
If you fancy a trip over one evening would be my pleasure to buy you and your missus dinner
Several good restaurants and usually a good buzz on a Friday or Saturday evening.
Are you in the Lincoln area from memory.
That's right - might take up up on that! Will check with 'er indoors...

ajsccfc

Anyone got a match package and knows how it works? I've been up the other day and got a 6 game one but it's just credits against my supporter number, so do you pick a game and get tickets sent out to you? I can't go to the Butts office every time as it's only open weekdays

Nick

Administrator
Anyone got a match package and knows how it works? I've been up the other day and got a 6 game one but it's just credits against my supporter number, so do you pick a game and get tickets sent out to you? I can't go to the Butts office every time as it's only open weekdays

Can just print it at home and use the print out can't you?

ajsccfc

I've been ST only for ages, I'm well out of the loop. By print at home do you literally have to print it or can you use a code on your phone?

Nick

Administrator
I've been ST only for ages, I'm well out of the loop. By print at home do you literally have to print it or can you use a code on your phone?

I used it for cup games last year, just print it out and fold it then you can insert it into the barcode / ticket reader and go in.

oucho

You would be welcome. Only about 45 minutes drive.
Get the wife to drive home and we can have a slurp and discuss all things Skyblues.
That sounds right up my street, TBF

ajsccfc

I used it for cup games last year, just print it out and fold it then you can insert it into the barcode / ticket reader and go in.
I don't have a printer at home so I'll have to use work printers and paper despite it not being for work purposes. This is a real moral dilemma for me

Ashdown

You are completely missing the point really. It should be a good day out, making a return drive/train journey, sitting in a soulless 2/3rds empty stadium, having had a packed sweaty sandwich and no beer doesn't do it for most people. Besides when the actual 90 minutes are appalling people directly relate the match ticket price with value for money not the money spent on the best bits of their afternoon. If it's £25-£27 next time they will just enjoy that extra cash on said best bits !?

Nick

Administrator
You are completely missing the point really. It should be a good day out, making a return drive/train journey, sitting in a soulless 2/3rds empty stadium, having had a packed sweaty sandwich and no beer doesn't do it for most people. Besides when the actual 90 minutes are appalling people directly relate the match ticket price with value for money not the money spent on the best bits of their afternoon. If it's £25-£27 next time they will just enjoy that extra cash on said best bits !?
Surely if people are going out for food and drink they go to a restaurant?

I don't miss the point, Id manage just fine going to watch football with a sandwich or even nothing if money was an issue. Not sure why I'd moan about tickets then spend silly money on flat beer and hot dogs.

Its like moaning about cinema ticket prices and then filling your boots with over priced pick and mix and pointless drinks. If you are going to watch a film and price is an issue, stop at Tesco and fill your bags up there for a fraction of the price it.

Last edited:

HerneBayGaz

Can't see this fixture attracting much more than 8000. Like most teams in this division Exeter fans coming on mass wetting their knickers about coming to the Ricoh.

If we put 90 minutes effort into it instead of just 45 will take all three points.

Time to burst their bubble

Gazolba

I don't have a printer at home so I'll have to use work printers and paper despite it not being for work purposes. This is a real moral dilemma for me
What about the library? Don't they have computers and printers?

clint van damme

The prices are killing the casual fans. It's ok saying buy a package but what happened to getting up on a Saturday morning and saying I'm off to the City today and paying something representative of the standard that this level offers. Irrespective of other clubs prices OUR club is in crisis and it should be £15 adults and £7.50 under 16's.
I don't think it would make any difference

the club have definitely shot themselves in the foot with the pricing structure this season. Whether Ashdowns prices are realistic I don't know but they really haven't put anything in place to capture the imagination or win round the doubters.

Not putting STs on sale at a reduced cost the week after Wembley was the biggest OG of all in my opinion. For a club that rarely has any positivity around it to not take advantage of a rare bout of feel good factor was criminal.

Monkey Boy

I've actually managed to get the old man to agree to go Saturday. Must be 15-20 years since he did 2 games in the first month or so

Users who are viewing this thread