Attendance Drop (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

After getting 28,000 for the Leeds game in which we lost 2-3 but with a fighting performance from the players to try to get something out of the game and the good atmosphere it has clearly not got any of the fans back as we got 14,000 for the Burnley games (after another 2 losses Away) the attendance is back to normal with a half empty stadium and not much of an atmosphere. The Burnley fans were also situated far away from block 15/16 which did not help create an atmosphere/banter between the two sets of fans. I think the team is going to have to sustain a consistent run of results and come up against one of the championship big sides before we see are attendance hitting 20,000+ for a home game... Are attendances do not help the club financially and players are then sold to balance the books this is surely holding the club back from sucess in the championship I would be happy if the team keeps griding out results and we get a top 12 finish and anywere in and around the playoffs in the last couple of key games would be a bonus. :)

Last edited:

BenInTurin

Facebook User
It is a major problem but it didn't help losing three on the trot. I think the fact that leeds brought so many as well helped people to decide to come as they knew the atmosphere would be good. If we beat S****horpe next weekend maybe we can get a few more in for the Middlesbrough match.

ccfc luke

Yea, if we beat Scunny and move up to 6th or 7th. Hopefully that will attrat a few more fans for Middlesborough.

Users who are viewing this thread