Bad Company (1 Viewer)

olderskyblue

Going to see them at the NEC next week. Special guests Richie Sambora & Orianthi

Throwback to all the times seeing Paul Rodgers in Free and Bad Company back in the day. I think it might just be a good night out.

Anyone else going?

olderskyblue

Christ, how many of the originals are still there?!?

Let me know how off his face Richie Sambora is, too!

Paul Rodgers, Mick Ralph's and Simon Kirke. 3 of the 4 original members.

Not sure you can tell with Richie.... He always looks off his face

olderskyblue

I saw the title and thought this was going to be another thread about Sisu.

Or a comment from the person who sits next to grendel ? ;-)

bringbackrattles

Going to see them at the NEC next week. Special guests Richie Sambora & Orianthi

Throwback to all the times seeing Paul Rodgers in Free and Bad Company back in the day. I think it might just be a good night out.

Anyone else going?
I saw Bad Company at the NEC years ago. Great band and it will be some concert no doubt.Never got to see Free as they're my favourite ever band.Fire and Water what an album !

bringbackrattles

Anyone else going?
Straight Shooter album has to be one of the best albums ever,and best sleeve cover on vinyl ?

olderskyblue

Paul Rodgers is on Jools Holland show tonight if you were unaware ?
When he sings is there anybody better ?

Thanks. I actually went to a Jools Holland show a few years ago. It was a good night, but absolutely knackered by the end of it. Had to stand up for hours, they film the Tuesday and Friday night shows one after the other... It was funny though. We were all told before the night not to wear bright coloured clothing, and of course, there were quite a few turned up wearing bright coloured clothing. When we got into the main filming area, all the "bright" people rushed and pushed to be at the front. Just before the show started, a "crowd" manager came round, and moved anyone wearing bright clothing to the back.. I ended up on the front row..!! :)

bringbackrattles

Thanks. I actually went to a Jools Holland show a few years ago. It was a good night, but absolutely knackered by the end of it. Had to stand up for hours, they film the Tuesday and Friday night shows one after the other... It was funny though. We were all told before the night not to wear bright coloured clothing, and of course, there were quite a few turned up wearing bright coloured clothing. When we got into the main filming area, all the "bright" people rushed and pushed to be at the front. Just before the show started, a "crowd" manager came round, and moved anyone wearing bright clothing to the back.. I ended up on the front row..!! :)
You should have told Mr Big is that Alright Now !

bringbackrattles

What a let down last night was expecting Bad Company to perform on Jools Holland,but they just had a chat !

Gazolba

Were a great band. I have their first album. I like "Shooting Star".

olderskyblue

Not the same without Brian Howe

For me Paul Rodgers is the man. Howe was very good indeed , Rodgers is excellent. Maybe biased because of watching them from the start, and of course liking Free before that.

NorthernWisdom

For me Paul Rodgers is the man. Howe was very good indeed , Rodgers is excellent. Maybe biased because of watching them from the start, and of course liking Free before that.

It didn't have the same meaning without the smiley winky thing ;)

Changing singers is always a brave thing to do, even if they're not the creative force of the band. Still think it's a shame Queen went out as Queen when Paul Rodgers fronted them, really. Cosmos Rocks isn't... 'bad' as such, but it's not a Queen album, sounds more like a Rodgers solo album to these ears (even though May and Taylor wrote most of it, apparently!) but think it suffers by being compared to Queen because of the name they chose.

olderskyblue

It didn't have the same meaning without the smiley winky thing ;)

Changing singers is always a brave thing to do, even if they're not the creative force of the band. Still think it's a shame Queen went out as Queen when Paul Rodgers fronted them, really. Cosmos Rocks isn't... 'bad' as such, but it's not a Queen album, sounds more like a Rodgers solo album to these ears (even though May and Taylor wrote most of it, apparently!) but think it suffers by being compared to Queen because of the name they chose.

I thought PR did well fronting queen, but to me it was only a tribute band. No one could replace Freddie

letsallsingtogether

I was there cracking Night shame the view from the side is very poor. OH and Ritchie was also superb.

olderskyblue

I was there cracking Night shame the view from the side is very poor. OH and Ritchie was also superb.

Agreed. Great night. Brought some great memories back.

Wasn't sure if Richie was off his head or not, but he sounded great.

letsallsingtogether

Did PR say that was his daughter in Ritchies band?
she was really good.

olderskyblue

Did PR say that was his daughter in Ritchies band?
she was really good.

I only heard the last song of the girl singer on first, but I thought PR meant her? Could be wrong.

olderskyblue

Users who are viewing this thread