Bad News :( (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Unfortunately the Site Software license runs out in June so I am not too sure what to do about it.

As I haven't had much time for the site I might just need to cancel the license and maybe change to a not so good forum software.

I have currently put a lot of time into my SoccerAM forum so you are quite welcome to join up on there.

Have you got any ideas on what we shoulddo with the site?

simmouk

Administrator
How much does the license cost?

Bit of an arse that it runs out though! Before next season even has a chance to start! So we're never going to know if the site takes off properly (clutching at straws?!)

What forum software would you be looking at moving to, phpBB? Or something similar?

Would be a shame if this site did have to go...but we've tried to get it into the spotlight more but it doesn't seem to have caught on - it's just so hard to compete for people's time when they're online - and at the moment, if it's not Facebook or Twitter...it's not top of the "things to do online" list lol.

I'm as bad for this, it's been ages since I've been on here and even longer since I've been on SoccerAM.net...but saying that, it's been years (literally, I think) since I've actually watched the show! (haven't got Sky anymore, sometimes catch the "best bits" show on Sky 3 or whatever on Freeview)

Nick

Administrator
It is only about £60 quid for the license but with not having much time to run it I am not sure if I will renew it :(

I could probably move it to phpBB but I think with a bit of Twitter magic it might get lively with an upgrade it is just getting it busy again and getting people to come on and having the time!

simmouk

Administrator
It seems to be the recurring theme, trying to get it busy - is the Twitter thing really working for SoccerAM.net? Even if we had the same system in place here, I don't know if there are enough fans of CCFC (in the online world, if you get me?!) to accommodate the kind of boost we need to get the place pumping!

Maybe we just need to ride out the wave of "social networking" and wate for Twitter and Facebook to die down a bit (?!) and then Forums will be back, and they will TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

ccfc1987

nick why pay for something peaple are coming on i come on once every 2 weeks not sue about anyone else if it was me i would not bother with it,,,but thats me mate

skyblueprincess

OOOOOH be still my aching heart !!! No more S.B.T !!! OH I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SAD !! this site took my internet virginity ! I understand no point putting money in , but S.B.T IS THE BOMB !!!! ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mr nick !!!

simmouk

Administrator
Lol Vicki would I be right in saying that you'd be rather sad if the site went?! I'm getting that sort of vibe from you - dunno why!!! :)

skyblueprincess

Lol Vicki would I be right in saying that you'd be rather sad if the site went?! I'm getting that sort of vibe from you - dunno why!!! :)

Oh yes ! I am still getting over the BAD news , coz i know things on here are quite at the mo but i think if we all work together come the new season we could get this place rockin again !! And use the social networking sites to our advantage! Cant someone else take over the admin side of things , someone who has the time ???

simmouk

Administrator
I did sort of "take over" from Nick (well he asked me to keep my eye on the place) but to be honest I haven't had the time...and that is the main problem, time to get on here and start up threads etc. Which is a shame as I said I'd plough some time into it but I find it hard to. From what I gather this place used to be really buzzing before some down time or something and once people stop coming to a forum it's hard to entice them back etc.

And most City fans have already found/visit their "favourite" City site - so when I got the mention for the site in the magazine, anyone interested in chatting City stuff online probably has a site in mind already as there are a few out there etc.

And yeah the Social networking side is a good idea, but the problem is, for example with the Facebook group that I set up - a good few people joined the group, but that was it - they joined the group but never posted on it etc, or signed up to the forum (as far as I'm aware!) so it didn't seem that effective. It seems (at least on here) that less and less people are using forums and opting for the Facebooks and the Twitters of the world!

BUT saying that...when the season picks up again and we get back into the swing of things , who knows! Will the site be around long enough though, that is the question!

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Well we probably arent going to raise this money now.
But hopefully we will still have a forum though, just not as good, I have spare time and I would certainly help out a lot (y)
Then we can always revert back to this once we have raised it :)

CaptCub2009

Hello there,

Craig A here from Hinckley. I support Leicester City FC & I like to see Coventry City FC do well too, I think you ought to ask for people to donate a small ammount towards your website license fee..

FIRST NEW POST ON HERE...

skyblueprincess

I think thats a good idea i am more than happy to put some cash in the pot !!! £20 should get us started but then there is still the question of who is gonna look after things on here as nick dont seem to have time ???? any idea's on that one ????

flammablepiss

Facebook User
I would certainly be willing to help, I have spare time most week days and I have run forums in the past.
I would be very happy to help in anyway I can to keep this great website up and running for my fellow Cov supporters.

Nick

Administrator
Don't worry about the cash, the place will still be running just watch this space!

Anybody who can help then feel free, the place needs new members so just get it busy again and it should run it's self :)

skyblueprincess

Don't worry about the cash, the place will still be running just watch this space!

Anybody who can help then feel free, the place needs new members so just get it busy again and it should run it's self :)

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lol

simmouk

Administrator
I'll prod Carl who designs the Matchday Mag to possibly give us a shout again if he has the space etcl, although whether or not the last mention actually worked, I dont know!

Users who are viewing this thread