Baker or JOB (1 Viewer)

BAKER OR JOB

• Total voters

Rich

Who would you rather see on the wing? I know JOB plays predominantly on the left but he can and does play both sides.

CCFC88

Love JOB work ethic and drive like weve not seen for a long time but cant help but think how well a motivated Carl Baker would fit into this team.

covcity4life

both good players but JOB pips it for his work rate

i am sure carl baker would flourish in a tony mowbray team though

chiefdave

Would be interesting to see how Baker performed in this type of team but I wouldn't want to lose JOB.

Mcbean

Theres a league difference at least - too be honest Fleck and JOB would for me be in WGS 's team

Grendel

Does JOB have a sky blue tattoo? Sky blue wedding? Social media skills?

Can only see this one going one way.

ajsccfc

I liked Baker for that season where he was firing, but he wasn't amazing either side of that really. His online church puts me off him a bit, which isn't really anything to do with him.

Grendel

JOB is winning easily

thats the wrong way in your eyes?

That would mean a lot of posters hastily backtracking their opinion of Baker. Or not posting their views at all.

Rich

Baker had that one good season with us and he was literally unstoppable. However JOB is more versatile and to be honest seems a little more robust than Baker. JOB for me.

skybluesam66

Baker - one ok season 4 awful ones
ok at free kicks, but gave away more goals via poor defending and fouls than he created

JOB - works like a dog, tackles and creates more goals than he gives away. Yes he has some poor games, but not down to poor temperament

SkyBlue_Bear83

Its a close call, I imagine a lot of people have their view coloured by current league position. If the poll was 12 months ago Baker would have been the overwhelming winner.

oakey

Baker, would be my choice, by a whisker.
They are not really that similar. Baker offers more skill and dribbling at defences, which causes panic which others can profit from, which I like. He has also played at a higher level. JOB is the current fans favourite and he offers muscular wholehearted commitment with the occasional gem of a pass. Both are guilty of squandering possession but, to my mind it is in more advanced positions with Baker and easier to recover from.
I know I am in a minority but I think JOB is overrated at times by our fans. He is too erratic within a game for me. On Saturday JOB gave the ball away many times and there was barely a murmur. The first time Phillips did the same people were on his back.
Ideally we would have both but currently JOB suits us better as we have plenty of dribblers so we don't need Baker.

JulianDarbyFTW

Comparing apples with oranges a little here. They're different players with different skills. But objectively, Baker won POtS at MK Dons and went up to the Championship. JOB is playing well (and is probably my favourite player of the last season and a third) but has less X-factor. He's consistently good rather than sometimes great, sometimes dog dirt. So JOB is a better fit for Mowbray imho, but I prefer Baker by the distance of a gnat's cock.

shy_tall_knight

I thought Baker was awesome with MK at the Ricoh last season, JOB seems to have calmed down a bit whilst fans appreciate his whole hearted efforts did used to give the ball away too easily but that part of his game seems to be improving.

Grendel

I thought Baker was awesome with MK at the Ricoh last season, JOB seems to have calmed down a bit whilst fans appreciate his whole hearted efforts did used to give the ball away too easily but that part of his game seems to be improving.

Baker at championship level has always been diabolical.

Samo

JOB for me. Week in week out workaholic. Bakes is once in a while, sometimes a good while... and therefore a luxury we can't afford.

Hobo

JOB all day long. More versatile and more consistent.

rob9872

No vote from me. Happy with job,but like both and would prefer both although either are very capable at this level

Users who are viewing this thread