Ball Boys (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
How does this work now? For the last few weeks, I've noticed that they struggle to catch and throw and take so long to get the ball. Sometimes takes a couple of attempts to get it over the ad boards.

A few years ago we had them who seemed to know exactly when to break their back to get the ball and when to take their time.

D

Deleted member 2477

We are struggling now if we are blaming the ball boys for our performancies

Nick

Administrator
Nobody is blaming them for the loss, was just an observation.

They didn't seem to know what was going on with the game.

When that multi ball thing was in place, they were switched on.

Gazolba

Ball boys now have to be culturally diverse. That is more important then being able to do the job.

Nick

Administrator
Another note, they weren't to blame for us losing.

I just thought I'd see if it was just me who noticed it.

The bit where we were 1-0 down, we won a corner and the ball boy took ages because he was fumbling and then threw it to their keeper rather than Maddison, so it slowed down some more.

Nick

Administrator
What happened to the one who was about 20? He was decent. He used to blatantly slow it down if we were winning.

Mcbean

Needs to be a gap in the advertising - not their fault when they are smaller than the boarding !

Hobo

Are you lot volunteering? Can we give you loads of shit if you drop or fumble the ball? Wasps need to provide ball boys trained in catching disgrace (sarcasm)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I think it's a different boys league team every week. Possibly the same ones who wave the flags at the start, so probably being that level, none are actually keepers, and it's just usually the fattest kid who ends up in goal as no one wants to play that position, hence them not being able to catch :)

Speedies_Chips

I noticed when we won a corner down in singers corner, the ball boy rolled the ball towards the goalkeeper. I thought at the time, dont they understand whats going on.

They could cost us promotion!

WestEndAgro

I noticed one of the ball boys near the bench getting quite agitated with the ref, he was clearly not impressed, I remember Graham Poll having a absoulute stinker afew years go and my son who was a ball boy told him so, Poll was not impressed, but someone needed to tell him.

oscillatewildly

I witnessed something worse today - ball comes into row 6 of east stand (we're 1-0 down by the way) bloke gathers ball and then hands it to his young lad for bit of 'glory' in throwing it back. Young fella gets stage fright and hands ball back to dad who duly throws it into the rear of the ad hoarding so not even reaching thrower to resume play.
That's the fucking play offs gone then!

Nick

Administrator
I witnessed something worse today - ball comes into row 6 of east stand (we're 1-0 down by the way) bloke gathers ball and then hands it to his young lad for bit of 'glory' in throwing it back. Young fella gets stage fright and hands ball back to dad who duly throws it into the rear of the ad hoarding so not even reaching thrower to resume play.
That's the fucking play offs gone then!

What's their address? The hitman will be round first thing*

*This is a joke, if a hitman really does, it wasn't me.

Londonccfcfan

Excellent point. On the east stand side they were on the wrong side of the advertising hoardings. Seems there aren't enough of them when we are losing and too many when we are winning.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Excellent point. On the east stand side they were on the wrong side of the advertising hoardings. Seems there aren't enough of them when we are losing and too many when we are winning.

How would you know if te ball is going to spend more time in front of R behind the advertising boards?

Only way to combat that would be to double up, have one in front and one behind, or open up the boards; make gaps for them to run between.

Does seem we are short on number though, since we have atleast 3 at times sat in the empty stands, and only one or two sat around each side of the pitch

CV22SBA

I noticed one of the ball boys near the bench getting quite agitated with the ref, he was clearly not impressed, I remember Graham Poll having a absoulute stinker afew years go and my son who was a ball boy told him so, Poll was not impressed, but someone needed to tell him.

Yeah I witnessed that aswell, hilarious. Ball boys are the academy kids now, they rotate every few weeks.

Londonccfcfan

How would you know if te ball is going to spend more time in front of R behind the advertising boards?

Only way to combat that would be to double up, have one in front and one behind, or open up the boards; make gaps for them to run between.

Does seem we are short on number though, since we have atleast 3 at times sat in the empty stands, and only one or two sat around each side of the pitch

Well for a start we clearly don't have enough.

It would help if they were behind as that was causing the delays. In front of hoardings ie closer to the pitch the players can occasionally retrieve it.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Well for a start we clearly don't have enough.

It would help if they were behind as that was causing the delays. In front of hoardings ie closer to the pitch the players can occasionally retrieve it.

The stewards at the front sometimes try and get involved but their padded jackets seem to hold them back from moving quickly :)

Users who are viewing this thread