Banana Skins (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

uton were a former top flight club and we played (and beat) them in the conference, same goes for Blackpool, Pompey, Notts County etc
Exactly.

And ain't that great, eh?

I find it slightly odd when people decide I think Newport should be in awe. But you said it yourself, amazing escape last season, and you're playing the likes of us rather than the likes of Bedworth.

Otis

Exactly.

And ain't that great, eh?

I find it slightly odd when people decide I think Newport should be in awe. But you said it yourself, amazing escape last season, and you're playing the likes of us rather than the likes of Bedworth.
Nuneaton! They stopped off in Nuneaton and missed Bedworth for some strange reason. ;)

Newport

Exactly. Even the local commentator mentioned it. Much wilder than normal from away fans. As if they had won something more than just the three points and it was a cup success or promotion.

Corr, you must have had some boring followings at the Ricoh

Otis

Must do.

I left just before the final whistle, but so many people were commenting on it and it's not sour grapes, just a clear observation that was made.

The commentator here is not even a City fan so not at all biased and I have never ever heard him mention anything similar before. He clearly clocked it and made comment upon it.

Must just have more passionate fans than any other club then I guess.

covcity4life

I think you and others on here need to stop believing that teams coming to a 3/4 empty soulless bowl that you don't own constitutes as a big day out.

You were in the premiership 14 years ago, you haven't been big or relevant for over a decade - we've been to Wembley twice the past few years, winning once. Those are big days out, not a trip up the M6 to play another league 2 side.

You're attitude is precisely why you're in for more 'banana skins' and shocks this year.

of course its a big day out ,look at you still posting on our forum after the match has gone, we are a big team,thats why you are still here. its exciting for you

Brylowes

BANANA SKIN.
If we applie ourselves and concentrate on getting the basics right, I think
We have the potential to be a Banana skin to any team in this league :emoji_smirk:
Nuneaton! They stopped off in Nuneaton and missed Bedworth for some strange reason. ;)
they may have blinked :emoji_thinking:
yep, and sometimes the away fans can be included in that ;)

mechaishida

Some people genuinely have great difficulty accepting reality; CCFC has been on a gradual, arse-destroying plummet into League 2. This is our lot, however past 'prestige' tends to make us proud and conceited as a fan base, which leads to bitterness after an unexpected defeat.

Look at it this way; Newport fought like rabid pit bulls to retain their league status last season, and their tenacity is what we should be admiring.

Still, let's be pragmatic: playoffs is realistic if the lads can cut the complacency and adapt to the grittier aspects of teams such as Newport.

Incidentally, I caught a few of their matches at home last season: I was impressed with their crowd and the football wasn't that ugly or defensive.

Otis

Some people genuinely have great difficulty accepting reality; CCFC has been on a gradual, arse-destroying plummet into League 2. This is our lot, however past 'prestige' tends to make us proud and conceited as a fan base, which leads to bitterness after an unexpected defeat.

Look at it this way; Newport fought like rabid pit bulls to retain their league status last season, and their tenacity is what we should be admiring.

Still, let's be pragmatic: playoffs is realistic if the lads can cut the complacency and adapt to the grittier aspects of teams such as Newport.

Incidentally, I caught a few of their matches at home last season: I was impressed with their crowd and the football wasn't that ugly or defensive.
Bloody hell, where you been sunshine?

fernandopartridge

Great post

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Newport

@Nick @Liquid Gold @covcity4life

Take note

mechaishida

Bloody hell, where you been sunshine?

Work and other commitments, plus I hit 100 on the meltdown-o-meter last time I was here, so I gave it a while before returning. These new HRT tablets are great, they keep the hormonal explosions in check nicely. ;-)

To add to my earlier post, I'd like to emphasise how critical Robins is to this team - he won't take the defeat to Newport lightly, and I suspect he warned his players against complacency, which was then semi-ignored. After a few rollockings and changes, I'd expect a different performance next game.

All the best to County, by the way.

Otis

Work and other commitments, plus I hit 100 on the meltdown-o-meter last time I was here, so I gave it a while before returning. These new HRT tablets are great, they keep the hormonal explosions in check nicely. ;-)

To add to my earlier post, I'd like to emphasise how critical Robins is to this team - he won't take the defeat to Newport lightly, and I suspect he warned his players against complacency, which was then semi-ignored. After a few rollockings and changes, I'd expect a different performance next game.

All the best to County, by the way.

Glad you are feeling more relaxed. Was quite worried about you last time out. :)

Otis

note of what? most cov fans would agree

we expected a win, there is nothing wrong with that. we didnt get it because we were crap and you guys were solid. we gave you your props and said you deserved it.

what exactly are you unhappy about?

Yep, don't think it was being disrespectful to Newport, it was just on the back of two wins out of two, two clean sheets and not a single shot on target in both matches from the opposition.

covcity4life

Yep, don't think it was being disrespectful to Newport, it was just on the back of two wins out of two, two clean sheets and not a single shot on target in both matches from the opposition.

yup

shame LOB let that goal in as we would have gone on to win at a canter......

giphy.gif

steve82

this thread doesn't put us in the best of lights really

Think a few got carried away in the early pages. Reality is we've got to prove ourselves until the last ball is kicked.

3 games in but 6 points on the board with only a error to let slip another point and the only goal we've conceded. In 270 mins of football in league two.
Still positives to take, but plenty to prove still

Otis

Think most people have given Newport credit for a very professional job they did on us. They were tireless and well organised and played with great spirit.

Think pretty much everyone has said that haven't they?

Moff

I think you and others on here need to stop believing that teams coming to a 3/4 empty soulless bowl that you don't own constitutes as a big day out.

You were in the premiership 14 years ago, you haven't been big or relevant for over a decade - we've been to Wembley twice the past few years, winning once. Those are big days out, not a trip up the M6 to play another league 2 side.

You're attitude is precisely why you're in for more 'banana skins' and shocks this year.

If it wasn't a big day out and its just another 3 points as you alluded to in another post, why are your still here?
You are either revelling in beating us, as you see it as a scalp, or too dim to see that it appears that way.
If it is just three points to you, move on, points are in the bag and f*ck off.
Oh and if it makes you feel better we were shite Saturday, you were better, job done.

Newport

If it wasn't a big day out and its just another 3 points as you alluded to in another post, why are your still here?
You are either revelling in beating us, as you see it as a scalp, or too dim to see that it appears that way.
If it is just three points to you, move on, points are in the bag and f*ck off.
Oh and if it makes you feel better we were shite Saturday, you were better, job done.

Because reading the majority of posts on here is pretty comical - thanks for the 3 points :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread