Bands That You've Just Starting Listening To ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

I've mentioned on here before how I'm late in listening to Bob Dylan and how much I now enjoy his music. Well the same could be said also of Deacon Blue a band I've ignored over the years. But after listening to them recently I have to say they are brilliant ! Some of the tracks have an edge to them and as I thought they were a pop band I've been surprised to find they do rock stuff. Also like the Guillemots too who have a chilled out sound and wish I'd listened to them before.
What bands/acts have you just "discovered" ?

Gazolba

Not just started listening to, but heard about much later than I should have: The Great Society.
That's the band that Grace Slick was in before she joined Jefferson Airplane.

Gazolba

The Silver Beatles.
That was one of the early names of the Beatles. Actually it started as Silver Beetles. I have an old cassette tape of them with that name.
In those days, they had Pete Best and Stu Sutcliffe as members.

bringbackrattles

That was one of the early names of the Beatles. Actually it started as Silver Beetles. I have an old cassette tape of them with that name.
In those days, they had Pete Best and Stu Sutcliffe as members.
I knew that but there is a Beatles tribute band called Silver Beatles. I googled it !

jimmyhillsfanclub

Scott Walker.......

....BBC 6 music have been doing some specials on him over the last week or so.....

I always assumed he was just a baritone voice singing Burt Bacharach numbers.......but he is a fucking total genius & I've just put all his solo albums on my spotify.....

torchomatic

I always fucking hated Deacon Blue. Bland band.

torchomatic

Scott Walker.......

....BBC 6 music have been doing some specials on him over the last week or so.....

I always assumed he was just a baritone voice singing Burt Bacharach numbers.......but he is a fucking total genius & I've just put all his solo albums on my spotify.....

I don't like his later stuff but those early solo albums are great. Track down "Montague Terrace (In Blue)". Amazing song, could make the lyrics into a screenplay.

rondog1973

Saw Ride at the Benicassim festival a couple of weeks ago and they played a fine set. Vaguely remember them from their heyday some 25 years ago and have started listening to them and their shoe gazing contemporaries such as Slowdive and Swervedriver since I got back. Some good stuff to be had!

bringbackrattles

Saw Ride at the Benicassim festival a couple of weeks ago and they played a fine set. Vaguely remember them from their heyday some 25 years ago and have started listening to them and their shoe gazing contemporaries such as Slowdive and Swervedriver since I got back. Some good stuff to be had!
Bet it wasnt as good a festival as the Godiva in Cov recently and it was hotter here !

torchomatic

Surprisingly a bit of Franz Ferdinand for me. I love the Sparks/Franz (FFS) collab so thought I'd give them a listen.

torchomatic

I've heard nothing but good things about FFS but haven't had chance to check them out yet.

You should, it is a great album. I doubt they will do anything else together, so it'll always be a real high.

Gazolba

Shirley Abicair, one of the few singers who accompanied themselves with the zither.

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread