Banners (1 Viewer)

CovKid73

OK I admit I roll my eyes at some of the more pretentious Liverpool banners on display - but imo some of them are top draw.

Given we couldn't put 5 European Cups or countless league silhouettes on one what do you think may be appropriate? Checkatrade trophy...... FA Cup or perhaps something that relates to the City of Coventry and not just Cov City? Our proud industrial heritage, the way the city rose from the ashes and the understated but determined nature of us Coventrians?

Vince Hill? Lieutenant Pigeon?

Hobo

I thought this was a Gary Bannister thread?

rob9872

New thread: Gary Bannister or Roger Bannister?

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

OK I admit I roll my eyes at some of the more pretentious Liverpool banners on display - but imo some of them are top draw.

Given we couldn't put 5 European Cups or countless league silhouettes on one what do you think may be appropriate? Checkatrade trophy...... FA Cup or perhaps something that relates to the City of Coventry and not just Cov City? Our proud industrial heritage, the way the city rose from the ashes and the understated but determined nature of us Coventrians?

Out of all the clubs in England, you picked one of the worst examples for banners and flags.

Half of them don’t make sense and half of them are embarrassing:
“Rome wasn’t made in a day, Birkenhead was”.
“Skrtles that hard he went into a Burger King and got a Big Mac”
“Lancaster Scouse YNWA”

On a side note, hats off to Liverpool fans....after saying they hoped England fans got their heads kicked in in Russia over some fans chucking beer at a boat in Amsterdam, they threw bottles and flares at the Man City Coach, video’d a fellow fan fighting for his life on the floor after watching him being battered (then scuttled off into the stadium singing You’ll Never Walk Alone)
and then went crying to the Authorities to intervene when Roma went looking for them.

I’m glad they’re ‘scouse, not english’ because they’re malignant cunts and I’d rather be Scottish than have any association to them.
Rant over! Let’s not try and replicate the Lonsdale and Berghaus Brigade.

oscillatewildly

How about a Manhattan type skyline silhouette featuring our wonderfully cherished University buildings? And Primark.

Johhny Blue

...........And the bannerman waved his banner high
It was 10 feet tall and it touched the sky
And I wish that I could be a bannerman.

Ah the good old days

Astute

New thread: Gary Bannister or Roger Bannister?
I used to enjoy sliding down banisters. Then one day I didn't notice little nobbley bits on the top. They hurt :wideyed:

Astute

Out of all the clubs in England, you picked one of the worst examples for banners and flags.

Half of them don’t make sense and half of them are embarrassing:
“Rome wasn’t made in a day, Birkenhead was”.
“Skrtles that hard he went into a Burger King and got a Big Mac”
“Lancaster Scouse YNWA”

On a side note, hats off to Liverpool fans....after saying they hoped England fans got their heads kicked in in Russia over some fans chucking beer at a boat in Amsterdam, they threw bottles and flares at the Man City Coach, video’d a fellow fan fighting for his life on the floor after watching him being battered (then scuttled off into the stadium singing You’ll Never Walk Alone)
and then went crying to the Authorities to intervene when Roma went looking for them.

I’m glad they’re ‘scouse, not english’ because they’re malignant cunts and I’d rather be Scottish than have any association to them.
Rant over! Let’s not try and replicate the Lonsdale and Berghaus Brigade.
I like scousers. They have a GSOH. Yes the place has problems. And they have idiots from all over the place following the football club. But you can't tar everyone with the same brush. I have quite a few friends in Liverpool. I don't know any idiots from there. Maybe this makes me biased towards them. But all those I know would do anything they could to help you.

I wouldn't like to be thought of as one of the idiots that come from Coventry. You would think that everywhere else is perfect.

Terry_dactyl

I prefer the Everton version.

"Liverpool FC
Offended by everything,
ashamed of nothing"

Kinda sums it up.

I remember being in London about 20 years ago and a Liverpool fan losing his shit with me when I (drunkly) suggested that the only reason cov missed out on a European trip was due to Liverpool fans behaviour at heysel. We’d been chatting quite nicely up until this point! He was offering me all sorts of violence!
Not my finest moment but thought it a bit of an over reaction.
Now I think about it I also remember being stood in the kop at highfield rd and Liverpool fans throwing stones across. I think it was after we beat them 1-0...nick pickering?
God I hate Sheffield Utd fa...I mean Liverpool fans!

oscillatewildly

On the subject of banners (even if it has been somewhat hijacked by Liverpool FC banners) They beat Chelsea in the 2nd leg of CL semi final, courtesy of a hotly disputed winning goal (Did it/didn't it cross the line?) 2005. Which was in the olden days before VAR. The incident lead to a conspiracy theory amongst the club and its supporters. The ball clearly never crossed the line but a goal was given and the rest is history.
The following season for the visit of Chelski to Anfield in the PL fixture, some lovable scally rogue unfurled a banner which read: "You're right, it never crossed the line".
That made me chuckle some. Which gives me the idea - Should we gain promotion this season, for the visit of Blunderland next season, how about something along the lines of: "You're right, us and Bristol plotted a draw".
I've got an old sky blue bed sheet, has anyone got some black or dark blue paint?

Users who are viewing this thread