Barcelona v PSG (don't read if you don't want to know the score) (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

Anyone see the Barca v PSG Champions League game?
A blatant dive by Suarez who went down spectacularly clutching his head even thought he had barely been touched by the PSG defender. Neymar scored from the spot.
Barcelona got one more goal in stoppage time to win 6-1 and 6-5 on aggregate.
At 5-5, PSG would have won on the away goal.
Absolute robbery.

Reactions: vow

covmark

Anyone see the Barca v PSG Champions League game?
A blatant dive by Suarez who went down spectacularly clutching his head even thought he had barely been touched by the PSG defender. Neymar scored from the spot.
Barcelona got one more goal in stoppage time to win 6-1 and 6-5 on aggregate.
At 5-5, PSG would have won on the away goal.
Absolute robbery.
Amazing game tbh. Never seen anything like that. 88mins barca needed 3 goals.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

And we thought ccfc couldn't manage a game and see it out. PSG should have killed the game with three required with 8 to go. .
Didn't see a replay of diMaria going down. Was that a penalty.

PUSB

ajsccfc

I had Barcelona to advance at 8/1 after the first leg. How often do you get those odds on Barcelona smashing a team at home?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I just had a rant on Facebook about it. Knew there would be something on here!

PSG were fucking weaker than we are, but that is really really dodgy. That dive was a joke for one.

Match fix?

covmark

And we thought ccfc couldn't manage a game and see it out. PSG should have killed the game with three required with 8 to go. .
Didn't see a replay of diMaria going down. Was that a penalty.

PUSB
Yeah forgot about that. They never showed the replay.

lifeskyblue

The thing I would say about the Suarez penalty was that the defender wasn't watching the ball and made contact with Suarez. I wouldn't have given it but I can see why the ref might have. Mind you Suarez should have been booked for the dive s little earlier.

PUSB

Gazolba

Sorry, somehow this thread got posted twice when I changed the title, and it wont let you delete a thread.

Gazolba

The thing I would say about the Suarez penalty was that the defender wasn't watching the ball and made contact with Suarez. I wouldn't have given it but I can see why the ref might have. Mind you Suarez should have been booked for the dive s little earlier.

PUSB
Lots of opposition players touch each other in the penalty area but it was the blatant dive by Suarez that should have been penalized. If I'd been the ref I would have given Suarez a red card, or at least a yellow. And the way Suarez went down clutching his head deserved an Oscar.

Reactions: vow

covmark

I just had a rant on Facebook about it. Knew there would be something on here!

PSG were fucking weaker than we are, but that is really really dodgy. That dive was a joke for one.

Match fix?
Why does it have to be a match fix? Surely it can just be an amazing crazy game.

lifeskyblue

Lots of opposition players touch each other in the penalty area but it was the blatant dive by Suarez that should have been penalized. If I'd been the ref I would have given Suarez a red card, or at least a yellow. And the way Suarez went down clutching his head deserved an Oscar.

I would certainly have booked Suarez for the earlier incident (and I think he was booked) where he dived trying to get the penalty. I think the one given was more difficult for the ref as the defender didn't have a clue where the ball was and Suarez cleverly got his body in front of and across the defender. As soon as he felt contact he was down. I have seen them given and I have seen them turned down. I know if the same happens in our penalty area on Saturday I will be screaming for the player to be shown red. If it happens in their box it's a stonewall penalty.

PUSB

Last edited:

vow

Agreed, the Suarez dive for the penalty took the gloss off the amazing comeback.

Johnnythespider

Didn't see the end, I switched over thinking it was all over. Suarez had already been booked for a dive so if he's gone down again should he have been sent off ?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Why does it have to be a match fix? Surely it can just be an amazing crazy game.

It was an amazing game, but it also stank in more ways than one.

Not just the Suarez dive, but some of the other things too. The Di Maria penalty shout which was then taken out of the highlights, the own goal which just looked like he was trying to put it in his own net. The final goal was also ridiculous. The whole team sat back and waited for the ball in, only for none of them to challenge it, or go with the runners.

I have to say there was no reaction from me when they won it, I could see it coming a mile off.

covmark

It was an amazing game, but it also stank in more ways than one.

Not just the Suarez dive, but some of the other things too. The Di Maria penalty shout which was then taken out of the highlights, the own goal which just looked like he was trying to put it in his own net. The final goal was also ridiculous. The whole team sat back and waited for the ball in, only for none of them to challenge it, or go with the runners.

I have to say there was no reaction from me when they won it, I could see it coming a mile off.
Di Maria and cavani both missed one on one's. Are they part of some sort of match fixing conspiracy.
Sometimes you just have to say well done.
The Suarez penalty isn't as cut and dried as you make out. The arm goes across and admittedly he goes down easy, but I can see why the ref gave it.
Neymars free kick was brilliant, the penalty was brilliant and his ball for the winner was brilliant.
No conspiracy for me.

Users who are viewing this thread