Barcelona (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Islam is a religion fundamentally opposed to others. Interfaith marriage is banned apart from where a muslim man marries a Christian or Jew woman (and doubtless forces her into Islam). The lack of genuine integration of Pakistani and Bengali communites into British life after 70 years says it all.

Islam means submission (to the will of God)... there you have it it is in a sense religious rape.

There is so much of Islamic philosophy that is fundamentally opposed to western values if you take the trouble to look under the bonnet.

Covstu

I know this sounds a litte contentious and of course this is obviously another horrible and tragic attack on innocent people, but the more countries they attack the more we can unify against them can't we? Very simplistic I know, but when there was something like the IRA here or ETA in Spain, for other countries not involved they could look at the situation with a sympathetic eye, but it is something happening on a far and different shore. It is not affecting them directly and it is not their problem.

If these same group of terrorists here and now are attacking France and the UK and Germany and Spain the rest of Europe and then also the US and Australia etc., then they are pretty much turning the whole world against them.

Instead of looking and saying 'it's your problem,' it becomes all our problem.

Does this help us all unite in a universal fight against tereorism?
Agree to a certain extent Otis but we are fighting an invisible army who are plain clothed and can walk past you in the street. I think this is the most concerning aspect as we don't have a 'target' to aim for, most certainly bombing the shit out of Syria then arming other individuals down there in the same breath isn't the way around it!

The indoctrination is the scary part where British citizens are converting to become IS fighters, we need to root these fuckers out and deal with them. The concern is that the more countries 'unite' behind this the higher risk of xenophobia which we are seeing more and more already. I just hope that as Europe we don't become to numb over these types of incidents and start treating it as the norm of everyday life, clearly we cannot let it beat us but we need to be proactive is dealing with this threat equally.

Brighton Sky Blue

I went to Barcelona on holiday over Easter, in part because we assumed it wouldn't be at risk of a c**t wanting to please a sky wizard by running people over. Seems there are no depths they will not plumb.

SkyblueBazza

Your second paragraph proves my point exactly!

No. The Koran does not allow muslim women to marry outside of islam. Muslim men can but only to Christians or Jews, in keeping with the general misogyny of the religion, the same misogyny that in 2017 makes women cover their faces up in case another man looks at them.
The point for me is that Muslims including Muslim women are prepared to compromise their level of devout accordingly if they fall head over heels in love with somebody of a different religion. Just like there are Muslim homosexuals. None of those Muslim doctrines have any bearing on who or how many fundamentalist nuts there are as a % of the local or national or international number of Muslims there are.
Applying divisive rhetoric according to one or several relatively isolated interpretations of religious doctrines certainly won't help the situation in any way at all

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

The point for me is that Muslims including Muslim women are prepared to compromise their level of devout accordingly if they fall head over heels in love with somebody of a different religion. Just like there are Muslim homosexuals. None of those Muslim doctrines have any bearing on who or how many fundamentalist nuts there are as a % of the local or national or international number of Muslims there are.
Applying divisive rhetoric according to one or several relatively isolated interpretations of religious doctrines certainly won't help the situation in any way at all

Ha ha ha, you make it sound like everyone has free choice.

fernandopartridge

Ha ha ha, you make it sound like everyone has free choice.

Indeed, meanwhile back in the UK on planet earth there are 12-15 'honour' murders a year amongst nearly 12k recorded 'honour' crimes over a 4 year period. Apart from that though, some muslim women are free to where whichever niqab they like, as long as it's black.

SkyblueBazza

Indeed, meanwhile back in the UK on planet earth there are 12-15 'honour' murders a year amongst nearly 12k recorded 'honour' crimes over a 4 year period. Apart from that though, some muslim women are free to where whichever niqab they like, as long as it's black.
We let's just shoot the lot of them shall we? Just because of the fact that their religious culture is not so advanced as ours? Then we had better do the Sikhs too I guess?

Actually, even better let's have a good laugh & launch a repeat of the Crusades shall we?

Otis

We let's just shoot the lot of them shall we? Just because of the fact that their religious culture is not so advanced as ours? Then we had better do the Sikhs too I guess?

Actually, even better let's have a good laugh & launch a repeat of the Crusades shall we?

I'm happy with that as long as it's Indiana Jones leading it.

Captain Dart

covcity4life

Sikh culture is very advance in terms.of equality etc

But i defintley get and agree with your ooint

Thing is only solution would habe to be something drastic like mass deportation etc but thrn ppl eho rightfilly sympathise mivht become the new generation of terrorists

Cannot see any light at end of tunnel.other than every individual making sure they are good.people themselves

dancers lance

Islam means submission (to the will of God)... there you have it it is in a sense religious rape.

There is so much of Islamic philosophy that is fundamentally opposed to western values if you take the trouble to look under the bonnet.
I think the

I think a few quotes from Turkish Big Cheese, RecepTayyip Erdogan, considered to be the moderate voice of Islam by most world leaders and soon to be part of the EU..

'These descriptions are very ugly, it is offensive and an insult to our religion. There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that’s it'.

'Those who do not want to take a side will be eliminated'

'Our religion [Islam] has defined a position for women: motherhood. Some people can understand this, while others can’t. You cannot explain this to feminists because they don’t accept the concept of motherhood'

'You cannot place a mother breastfeeding her baby on an equal footing with men. You cannot make women work in the same jobs as men do, as in communist regimes. You cannot give them a shovel and tell them to do their work. This is against their delicate nature'

'A woman who rejects motherhood, who refrains from being around the house, however successful her working life is, is deficient, is incomplete'

Gazolba

<snip>
Raises emotions of sadness and frustration, as there is no tangible 'enemy' to 'deal' with. <snip>.
No tangible enemy to deal with? Are you blind?
The enemy is radical Islam and it is spreading.
Most of these perpetrators are already known to the intelligence community but political correctness prevents anything being done about it until they kill someone.

martcov

Most of these perpetrators are already known to the intelligence community but political correctness prevents anything being done about it until they kill someone.

You cannot arrest people you think are going to commit a crime by law. Even if you arrest the ones that you think are going to attack, there is no guarantee that another twat will not come out of nowhere.

martcov

I think the

I think a few quotes from Turkish Big Cheese, RecepTayyip Erdogan, considered to be the moderate voice of Islam by most world leaders and soon to be part of the EU..

'These descriptions are very ugly, it is offensive and an insult to our religion. There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that’s it'.

'Those who do not want to take a side will be eliminated'

'Our religion [Islam] has defined a position for women: motherhood. Some people can understand this, while others can’t. You cannot explain this to feminists because they don’t accept the concept of motherhood'

'You cannot place a mother breastfeeding her baby on an equal footing with men. You cannot make women work in the same jobs as men do, as in communist regimes. You cannot give them a shovel and tell them to do their work. This is against their delicate nature'

'A woman who rejects motherhood, who refrains from being around the house, however successful her working life is, is deficient, is incomplete'

Have you got a date for Turkey joining the EU? How do you know Turkey will be joining soon?

It won't be.

Sick Boy

How will arresting people who are yet to commit a crime help? All it will do is breed even more extremism and make it worse.

fernandopartridge

Where have I said that you clown?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

Sikh culture is very advance in terms.of equality etc

But i defintley get and agree with your ooint

Thing is only solution would habe to be something drastic like mass deportation etc but thrn ppl eho rightfilly sympathise mivht become the new generation of terrorists

Cannot see any light at end of tunnel.other than every individual making sure they are good.people themselves
I work with a Sikh woman who has been lambasted for not agreeing to an arranged marriage - & subsequently shunned by all of her community after marrying another Sikh because of divprcing him. He was 'suitable' apparently but he turned out to be incredibly traditional, a junkie & violent. So maybe they are up to speed?

covcity4life

I work with a Sikh woman who has been lambasted for not agreeing to an arranged marriage - & subsequently shunned by all of her community after marrying another Sikh because of divprcing him. He was 'suitable' apparently but he turned out to be incredibly traditional, a junkie & violent. So maybe they are up to speed?

That wouldnt be sikh culture though. Would be punjabi culture.

covcity4life

Well...maybe you would like to explain this to my Sikh colleague then? She & her folks are obviously confused

I dont ubderstand whata confusing you. Nothing in Sikhism says dont marry unless ya parents agree etc.

These are decisions from humans who think they know best. Its cukture of a community not religion

clint van damme

Have you got a date for Turkey joining the EU? How do you know Turkey will be joining soon?

It won't be.

the chief cheer leader for their inclusion jumped ship to the brexit campaign so he could get a shot at number 10. When I say jumped ship, I should probably say caught a big red bus with a whopping lie on the side.

SkyblueBazza

I dont ubderstand whata confusing you. Nothing in Sikhism says dont marry unless ya parents agree etc.

These are decisions from humans who think they know best. Its cukture of a community not religion
What I am saying is that I am not confused. You, or she & her community are!

She is Sikh...she was shunned because she wouldn't go through with an arranged marriage. She found her own partner who is also Sikh & was tentatively welcomed back to the fold.
He then demanded she live with him in his parent's house to learn how to be a 'good wife', that she stop working & have his children. She refused & had worked hard to gain modest savings that she found he squandered on a drug habit. She left him & was completely shunned by the community again (although her parents are sticking by her).

So the points previously raised about Muslim culture can be applied to other religious cultures too. So if Muslims in general are such dreadful people & some drastic solution (as some seem to think necessary to stop things like Barcelona happening) is applied to stop their supposed annihilation of all others, well some other religious culture might see some sort of gap in the market & start going down the same path. Just like Christianity did back in the day.

Muslim culture isn't to mame & kill all others. Its a small number of Muslims that have interpreted their religious doctrine as such.

covcity4life

I am not talking about that. You said simhism is not advanced as western religions or cukture. I disputed that.

Sikhism talked hundreds of years aho about no tobacco and alcohol etc. We all know how bad both r 4 u nowadays. And women should be trested as equals. We only clocked onto that a few decades ago.

Indian culture may be backwards no arguments there. But what cukture hasbr got its negative aspects? White black asianal do. And their positives too.

Anyway back on point i think u were standing up for normal muslims so i agree with that.

SkyblueBazza

I am not talking about that. You said simhism is not advanced as western religions or cukture. I disputed that.

Sikhism talked hundreds of years aho about no tobacco and alcohol etc. We all know how bad both r 4 u nowadays. And women should be trested as equals. We only clocked onto that a few decades ago.

Indian culture may be backwards no arguments there. But what cukture hasbr got its negative aspects? White black asianal do. And their positives too.

Anyway back on point i think u were standing up for normal muslims so i agree with that.
That was indeed the real point

Ashdown

Flatten all the mosques in the UK and investigate all the dodgy Imams. Sick of hearing about the sympathy these nutters get from the Islamic community. There is absolutely no excuse for indiscriminately murdering members of the general public you cowardly twisted twats !

SkyblueBazza

Flatten all the mosques in the UK and investigate all the dodgy Imams. Sick of hearing about the sympathy these nutters get from the Islamic community. There is absolutely no excuse for indiscriminately murdering members of the general public you cowardly twisted twats !
Firstly, where do you hear about all this sympathy?
Secondly, are you really suggesting we burn down the mosques? This is most likely to achieve exactly what IS has been trying to do - inflame all Muslims' into taking up the fight in our own back yards!

Users who are viewing this thread