Barcelona (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Seems that both Barcelona and Finland were down to Moroccan's who were in the respective countries claiming asylum. Raises the question why are people from Morocco being considered for asylum? Its one thing to be taking people from war zones but Morocco?!?

Also shows again the process needs to be sped up. Get people processed quickly and those with a genuine case can start their new lives and those who are rejected can be returned to their own country ASAP.

clint van damme

Seems that both Barcelona and Finland were down to Moroccan's who were in the respective countries claiming asylum. Raises the question why are people from Morocco being considered for asylum? Its one thing to be taking people from war zones but Morocco?!?

Also shows again the process needs to be sped up. Get people processed quickly and those with a genuine case can start their new lives and those who are rejected can be returned to their own country ASAP.

good question. This is a pretty worrying read:

Moroccan Isis terrorists ‘pose a threat on Europe’s doorstep’

SkyblueBazza

How can a thousand people sneak into a friggin country!?
Are you serious? Quietly in small groups over several hours or even days in the dead of night in the unpopulated areas...many thousands can do it. It isn't rocket science is it?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Looks like another one in Marseille. Stolen car deliberately driven at a bus stop. Not confirmed as terrorism yet but you'd have to say its likely.

Nick

Administrator
Just two attempted attacks today and the worst thing is people are not batting an eye now

Kingokings204

Just two attempted attacks today and the worst thing is people are not batting an eye now

This is two fold Nick imo.

1. People are accustomed to it now and it's become part of almost daily life. Extremely scary.

2. If anyone does bat an eyelid as you put it they are shot down as either racist and you can't engage in debate.

Very worrying and the Labour Party actions with the 2 sackings this last week is all you need to know about what happens if you speak up. I'm genuinely worried.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

This is two fold Nick imo.

1. People are accustomed to it now and it's become part of almost daily life. Extremely scary.

2. If anyone does bat an eyelid as you put it they are shot down as either racist and you can't engage in debate.

Very worrying and the Labour Party actions with the 2 sackings this last week is all you need to know about what happens if you speak up. I'm genuinely worried.

Totally agree. It's absolutely mental.

Meanwhile, Germany is about to re-elect Merkel.

Let that sink in.

chiefdave

Its like anything though, the more it happens the less the impact. In a way that works in our favour as the plan is for the attacks to lead to outrage against Muslims in general rather than just IS to aid recruitment. That doesn't work if it becomes run of the mill and gets little coverage.

Look at the IRA bombings and killings. Eventually they were pretty much ignored, same when we go to war in another country. First few weeks of bombing are all over the news then you hardly hear a thing.

Kingokings204

Let that sink in.

Madness if they re elect her. Germany has always been slightly different because of their shameful past. They have been in recent years very tolerant but their tolerance borders on stupidity when Merkel begged for as many to come across the med as possible even though this results in thousands of deaths. The same people have attacked Europe who have crossed the med. 3 out of the 8 Paris bombers came via the med. its madness. We don't know who these people are. No passports no paperwork. No money.

The Germans tolerance will run out one day. When their money is eaten up by future bailouts, Germans already hate the Greeks and there are numerous more terror attacks by the same migrants they were kind enough to let in just like the Berlin Christmas attack. Just horrific that was. And they wonder why the afd had a rise in the polls there. Why Le pen came second in France. Why brexit got voted for.

Covstu

Madness if they re elect her. Germany has always been slightly different because of their shameful past. They have been in recent years very tolerant but their tolerance borders on stupidity when Merkel begged for as many to come across the med as possible even though this results in thousands of deaths. The same people have attacked Europe who have crossed the med. 3 out of the 8 Paris bombers came via the med. its madness. We don't know who these people are. No passports no paperwork. No money.

The Germans tolerance will run out one day. When their money is eaten up by future bailouts, Germans already hate the Greeks and there are numerous more terror attacks by the same migrants they were kind enough to let in just like the Berlin Christmas attack. Just horrific that was. And they wonder why the afd had a rise in the polls there. Why Le pen came second in France. Why brexit got voted for.
So it's not being ignored then? People are reacting (rightly or wrongly) to these by voting differently. I think people are becoming numb to it, they are not having the desired outrage they are aiming for.

clint van damme

so now you're saying brexit was about immigration? I'm sure you said before it wasn't.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

why wouldn't they, their economy is flying.
Our economy was on its arse and we re-elected the people responsible, let that sink in.

I guess it depends what you think is the most important factor. Certainly for me I cannot look past her naive and brainless decision to change the future of Europe forever.

I honestly think the 'refugee' crisis and her approach to it probably gave Brexit just enough steam to get over the line too.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

so now you're saying brexit was about immigration? I'm sure you said before it wasn't.

For some people it was, but again, probably not as many as it was made out to be.

I think 1 or 2 percent probably voted in reaction Merkel's policies, which as we know, was about the same margain as the result. I don't think you can blame those people either, there's clearly been a massive problem...

clint van damme

I guess it depends what you think is the most important factor. Certainly for me I cannot look past her naive and brainless decision to change the future of Europe forever.

I honestly think the 'refugee' crisis and her approach to it probably gave Brexit just enough steam to get over the line too.

If our economy was in the shape theirs is labour may as well give up.
She is Chancellor of Germany and doing a great job for them. She's not going to get everything right but the economy is probably the big one, get that right and you're onto a winner.
I wish our economy was in the same shape, even I would give the tories a bit of credit.

clint van damme

For some people it was, but again, probably not as many as it was made out to be.

I think 1 or 2 percent probably voted in reaction Merkel's policies, which as we know, was about the same margain as the result. I don't think you can blame those people either, there's clearly been a massive problem...

my reply was based purely on his post.

martcov

Let that sink in.

Merkel is a very intelligent person. As is her partner. People can see the division Brexit and Trump have caused. The growth of the hard right and the sheer stupidity of Brexit and Trump policies. It is a case of rather Merkel than what is happening in the US or Britain. Let that sink in. You and people like yourself have made Merkel and the EU great again. You are the worse option.

martcov

Excuse me for butting in. The naive and brainless decision which changed the future of Europe for ever, was not a humanitarian gesture in a crisis caused by other people's wars, but is known as Brexit and was approved by a slender 52:48 majority of UK voters ( not the whole electorate ). To blame it on a foreign power is a cop out.

martcov

I blame those people for their short sighted knee jerk reaction.

martcov

We have the same problem in Germany. It is not the Syrians who have a relatively low rate of criminality, but the so called "Nafris" ( police-speak to describe people of North African origin ) who steal, rape and generally cause problems. They throw their identity away and/ or their home countries don't want them back and delay or stop their repatriation. Annoying problem.

Sick Boy

My own opinion is there is a balance to be struck. Controlled immigration its called.

Strange how many like to claim that unemployment is at an all time low, yet foreigners are stealing jobs. EU citizens are already leaving en mass and it will likely continue even more so.

It seems as though very little will change with regards to legislation for EU migration, by the way. Brexiteers' talk of a points based system was pure fantasy. Even if it did, freedom of movement for tourists will just equate to illegal migration of those who are unable to get a permit.

Sick Boy

I'm sure the likes of Rees-Mogg, Duncan-Smith, Fox, Patel et al have the poorest and neediest and the forefront of their mind over Brexit.

Users who are viewing this thread