Barnsley (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Match thread for Barnsley (Home). Discuss Predictions, Tactics and the game!<div style="float:right; text-align:center;"><h2>Barnsley (Home) </h2>

Ricoh Arena
7.45PM Kick Off
</div>

Terry Gibson's perm

Hoping to get to this game as I missed Saturday and forgot about this game when I made an appointment that finishes at 4pm in Norwich.

ccfcmad1

Barnsley In terrible form, In the past weve been kind to teams going through a bad run but under Mowbary a lot has changed being unbeaten at Home is one of them, After the great comeback Saturday confidence should be high hopefully we see a 90min performance this time round would take 1-0 but can see us getting some goals here 3-1 city PUSB

ready_96

These are on a bad run of 5 or 6 games without a win. Need to take advantage. Not gonna be easy cause they'll be looking to put an end to the bad run they're on.

Think id give Kent the knod over lameras. Start JOB instead of fortune. Id like to see haynes started aswell and give stokes a week off as i think he's having to have injections just so he can play. JC should be brought on sometime, whether you start him or not im not sure?

I might plonk a few quid on us to win Joe Cole to score anytime. Ill say 3-0 and a 13.5k attendance

Otis

Last 6 league games:

Scunthorpe 2-0 Barnsley
Barnsley 0-1 Fleetwood
Barnsley 0-2 Walsall
Southend 2-1 Barnsley
Barnsley 1-2 Crewe
Doncaster 2-1 Barnsley

We should on paper give them a real pasting, but football doesn't always work that way. I think tomorrow they will be hard to break down at first, but once we get that first goal they may well crumble.

3-0 or 3-1 (with them getting a late consolation)

Cobi Jones's Dreads

2-0 Cov on a side note Cov just under evens for the win is great value IMO.

Rusty Trombone

Compared to the starting line up from Sat, have Cole in for Lameiras, JOB for Fortune. Keep Kent on the bench to bring on for Cole when we're 2:0 up to finish them off.

ajsccfc

I'd feel more comfortable playing a side doing well rather than one in awful form. I mean we're doing ace at the moment, but we're still Coventry City and all that.

Feels nice to actually look forward to rapid home games rather than being relieved of a break last season.

Rich

They've not exactly been shipping lots of Goals so i hope we can stick it to them instead of the usual lacklustre City performance against a team on a bad run.

Skyblueweeman

The optimist in me says that we'll be on a high after Saturdays come back.

The pessimist in me says that if there's one team who'll gladly oblige and assist with reversing a poor run of results, it's us.

Sod it though, going for 3-1, Armstrong to get the first, att 11,367.

WM

Otis

The optimist in me says that we'll be on a high after Saturdays come back.

The pessimist in me says that if there's one team who'll gladly oblige and assist with reversing a poor run of results, it's us.

Sod it though, going for 3-1, Armstrong to get the first, att 11,367.

WM

11,368! I'm going.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Feel this could have similar elements as the Blackpool game did – we all thought we’d walk it, they set up not to lose and we struggled to break them down. Granted, they were/are in better form than Barnsley and I think we should have enough to run through them tomorrow night with their confidence low.

2-0 us, Armstrong and O’Brien, against his former employers.

skybluelee

I think with it being one of 3 home games in a week that the home support will be lower than on Saturday (which would be criminal given the performance) so I reckon 10,000 City plus whatever they bring.

Oh, and 4-0 as long as we break down their massed ranks of defenders early on.

shmmeee

10k crowd. 5-0 City. Time for a proper hammering. Arma x 2, Murphy, Cole, Fleck.

RCC
Philips Ricketts Martin Stokes
Vincelot Fleck
JOB Cole Murphy
Armstrong

S: Burge, Harries, Haynes, Thomas, Kent, Lameiras, Tudgay

Kent on for Cole and JOB to move into the middle on 60 mins when we're 3-0 up.

Gint11

Games have always got the potential for a banana skin and a complete against the bookies score line but the way we played 2nd half and how bad they are at present, this has 4-0, 5-0 written all over it. Play the team that played 2nd half with JOB in the middle and Kent. Bring JC on after 50-60mins I think. Come on you Sky Blues! Lets give em a pasting.

chinamans view

My predictions have been really bad this season, I keep saying 5-0 and 5-1 to city but it don't happen, so Im going for 6-1 tonight

Warwickhunt

Put the dosh on JOB to score - Ex player coming back to haunt etc

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
2-0 to use ya has a 5-0 all over it but 1st goal crucial we grab it they will just give up and think it be another loss.

SkyBlue_Bear83

This is a banana skin, Barnsley have some decent players who are just playing badly at the moment. If they play to their ability it will be a tight game.

Astute

This is the game for reality to hit home. Win and we will be 1 point off 1st. Win by 3 and we will be in 3rd and exactly 1 point off 1st. Win by 4 and we will be 1 point off 1st but with a better GD. We will also be 6 points ahead of Millwall and 7 points above Sheff Utd in 7th and 8th place with much better GD than both.

Lose and it will be a proper reality check. Some will be suicidal :facepalm:

matesx

im still checking how many points off relegation we are

a City fan too long!

matesx

Telegraph reporting tickets in high demand for tomorrow.

2 hour queues.

Users who are viewing this thread