Barnsley (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Otis

I am the only one who thinks that Barnsley suddenly realised at half time that Reda Johnson wasn't playing? :whistle:

James Smith

Just realised that in the excitement of the game I forgot to get a take away in and have sod all food in the house. A win makes up for that though - although I am going to be nipping out now for pizza.

Last edited:

Otis

Yeah, like Barcelona are useless cos they rely on Messi, Real on Ronaldo etc

No, but he's got a point. If we didn't have a goalie then every shot Barnsley had on target would have gone in.

Also, if Armstrong didn't play then we wouldn't have any other striker in his pace and would have had to play all midfielders instead.

H

Huckerby

The difference between the two teams was we had Adam Armstrong and they didn't. Without his two goals, we lose.
No shit.
Can't you say that about most football matches?

The only reason we won tonight was because of Joe Cole. Without his goal, we draw.

The only reason we won tonight was because of Ryan Kent. Without his goal, we draw.

Stupid thing to say really

Evo1883

Sonin regards to stokes , do we blame obrien or murphy this week for his abysmal performance at left back today ..
Just asking as seemingly he is improving , but i dont see it

James Smith

Try this path:

Phone - digit press - delivery.

Last time I ordered a take away in from the closest place I was being sick the next day so going somewhere else.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Really sloppy tonight, we were lucky Barnsley are so shit. Take the 3 points and improve for next match.

If Phillips has committed a deliberate handball again that is criminal, need a defender in quick so we can put him on the bench.

Also Charles-Cook will cost us a goal one match with all his pissing about with the ball

Otis

Really sloppy tonight, we were lucky Barnsley are so shit. Take the 3 points and improve for next match.

If Phillips has committed a deliberate handball again that is criminal, need a defender in quick so we can put him on the bench.

Also Charles-Cook will cost us a goal one match with all his pissing about with the ball

That one pass out to Fleck was suicidal. He hit it deliberately to Fleck even though Fleck was very closely marked.

PVA

Barnsley were atrocious in the first half, it should have been so much more comfortable.

Phillips is terrible defensively and that was also RCC's worst game.

Otis

Barnsley were atrocious in the first half, it should have been so much more comfortable.

Phillips is terrible defensively and that was also RCC's worst game.

Yeah it was. You can make an excuse for the bal been slippy, but he still didn't look as confident at all on crosses. Barnsley deliberately set out to keep swinging endless crosses in.

Johhny Blue

No shit.
Can't you say that about most football matches?

The only reason we won tonight was because of Joe Cole. Without his goal, we draw.

The only reason we won tonight was because of Ryan Kent. Without his goal, we draw.

Stupid thing to say really

OMG What if Gary Mabbut wore different socks!!!!!!!

SkyBlue_Bear83

We never really got out of second gear the whole match tbh, take the 3 points and improve next match. I'd be tempted to give players a rest against Northampton. Go with Tudgay, Fortune, C Thomas, Haynes, Lateef etc.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
sounds like phillips was a bit of a weakness in derense?

Great win though - PUSB

He's previously looked good in poor teams. Now he has better players around him, his frailties show.

Is that 3 pens he's conceded now? Going forward he's a talent if he has the space to run into, as shown by his Assist in Armstrongs first.

Defensively he gets turned too easily at times. And his judgement let's him down. I'm sure he will come good, but we can't have passengers in the team.

Skyblueweeman

If we'd conceded 2 less we'd be 3rd.

If we didn't concede that 94th min penalty against Swindon, we'd be top!

Good 3 points tonight. Always nice to have the game in hand to see where 'we could be' but even nicer to go and get those 3 points...well done lads.

Just seen Coles free kick as well. Cracking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Bit odd how people seem to be criticising RCC tonight. One caller on the phone in commented on him not being successful when coming for crosses. Bit harsh IMO as I think that's one of his strong points.

And one texted even suggested it was time to bring Burge back. Assuming they are one of the many sit at home fans......

PVA

We never really got out of second gear the whole match tbh, take the 3 points and improve next match. I'd be tempted to give players a rest against Northampton. Go with Tudgay, Fortune, C Thomas, Haynes, Lateef etc.

Yeah I think we'll see all those guys.

It's wrong but I don't really care about the fa cup, especially when we have a genuine hope of promotion, so if it means playing the fringe players to keep the key players fresh but losing then so be it.

SkyBlue_Bear83

He's previously looked good in poor teams. Now he has better players around him, his frailties show.

Is that 3 pens he's conceded now? Going forward he's a talent if he has the space to run into, as shown by his Assist in Armstrongs first.

Defensively he gets turned too easily at times. And his judgement let's him down. I'm sure he will come good, but we can't have passengers in the team.

If he's committed a deliberate handball again that is unforgivable imo, does he have a compulsive disorder?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Couldn't believe it when he didn't give the handball. Clear as day and if the ref didn't see it, how on earth didn't the linesman?

Was another incident the other side which the linesman did see, and flagged in our favour that the ref missed, and almost gave a throw in ignoring his assistants flagging!

As for the Lino on the tesco stand side, he missed almost everything, apart from the stokes elbow, and didn't even handle that one correctly!

We've seen some poor officials, but tonight's were bad!

PVA

Bit odd how people seem to be criticising RCC tonight. One caller on the phone in commented on him not being successful when coming for crosses. Bit harsh IMO as I think that's one of his strong points.

And one texted even suggested it was time to bring Burge back. Assuming they are one of the many sit at home fans......

He messed up on 3 or 4 crosses.

You're right it is usually his strong point.

But when Burge dropped 3 or 4 v Burton he was considered worse than Hitler.

covboy9

rcc miles better than burge, one dodgy game he'll learn from lets not forget hes a rookie and best weve got so these dicks gotta stop slagging him

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yeah I think we'll see all those guys.

It's wrong but I don't really care about the fa cup, especially when we have a genuine hope of promotion, so if it means playing the fringe players to keep the key players fresh but losing then so be it.

Normally I'm all for putting out the strongest team but we looked fatigued tonight. If we hadn't had the midweek game I'd say go with strongest team but the comeback on Saturday and being constantly pegged back tonight will have took it out of them mentally and physically.

letsallsingtogether

Normally I'm all for putting out the strongest team but we looked fatigued tonight. If we hadn't had the midweek game I'd say go with strongest team but the comeback on Saturday and being constantly pegged back tonight will have took it out of them mentally and physically.
We need to keep winning especially at the Ricoh.
Many a team have been flying lose in the FA Cup and then come down with a bang.
Sorry needs to be a win on Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread