Barnsley (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

He messed up on 3 or 4 crosses.

You're right it is usually his strong point.

But when Burge dropped 3 or 4 v Burton he was considered worse than Hitler.
tbf though I thought the ones Burgey dropped were worse, he was under no pressure and the ball just kept slipping through his hands with simple catches.

Tonight the ones Cook dropped were coming through bodies and players clattering it to him and getting in the way, he has to be stronger and just plough through any players between him and the ball.

It was his pissing out with the ball that annoyed me more tonight tbh, no matter how good he thinks he is technically he will get caught out one time taking unnecessary risks

sw88

Chief Commentator!
We never really got out of second gear the whole match tbh, take the 3 points and improve next match. I'd be tempted to give players a rest against Northampton. Go with Tudgay, Fortune, C Thomas, Haynes, Lateef etc.

Might have to go with the back up players if all the loans can't play.

Kent says he can't, Armstrong unlikely (based on Newcastle denying us permission in the carling cup), Cole isn't sure what his availability is, and Vince now unavailable.

Stokes could do with a rest so Haynes will come in

higgs

Burge will get his chance on Saturday in the cup it's up to him now to take it or not

sw88

Chief Commentator!
If he's committed a deliberate handball again that is unforgivable imo, does he have a compulsive disorder?

Ha, maybe it was all part of the tactic of giving Vincelot something to kick off about to earn a booking?

That booking was brilliantly timed. Means he misses the cup game rather than league game, and he didn't have it over his head for more than a minute or so! :D

Kingokings204

Really agree we should put out the Haynes and Thomas (Connor) and fortune and tuggy. Give ricketts a rest. Bloke looks shattered.

I'm still thrilled tonight well done the team. A win is a win regardless if you concede three or not. Enjoy the win

SkyBlue_Bear83

Kent says he can't, Armstrong unlikely (based on Newcastle denying us permission in the carling cup), Cole isn't sure what his availability is, and Vince now unavailable.

Blessing

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Normally I'm all for putting out the strongest team but we looked fatigued tonight. If we hadn't had the midweek game I'd say go with strongest team but the comeback on Saturday and being constantly pegged back tonight will have took it out of them mentally and physically.

Fatigue will definitely play a part in addition to the already absent players.

shmmeee

Kieran on The Wall said Armstrong can't play.

I'd go with this for Northampton:

RCC
Philips Harries Martin Haynes
Thomas Lawton
Fortune Cole Lameiras
Tudgay

Chuck Lateef on for Cole and go 433 when Cole tires.

skyblue1991

It's a win, granted. But I didn't feel comfortable at all in the second half and thought Barnsley could've got a point.

Great free kick from Joe COle but didn't feel he did much during the game.

Next game for me will be Gillingham at home. This will be interesting!

shmmeee

It's a win, granted. But I didn't feel comfortable at all in the second half and thought Barnsley could've got a point.

Great free kick from Joe COle but didn't feel he did much during the game.

Next game for me will be Gillingham at home. This will be interesting!

That's roughly 5 games we've played badly in and remained unbeaten picking up 9 points. As long as we come out the other side we'll be OK. Need a CB in, Maddison back and Arma signed up until the end of the season and I'll be a lot happier.

Covstu

We made hard work of that, truly another game of two halves. RCC was a fecking liability tonight but thankfully nothing come off for them due to the errors. I thought we lost our shape when JOB went off but such an enjoyable game

SkyBlue_Bear83

Forgot about that. What's Finch doing?

We really are thin on the ground aren't we?

He's been injured, no idea where he is on his recovery though, think he is still out.

Could chuck Stevenson in for his debut, we know he's not really ready but he's a talented boy who the club rate highly.

letsallsingtogether

We made hard work of that, truly another game of two halves. RCC was a fecking liability tonight but thankfully nothing come off for them due to the errors. I thought we lost our shape when JOB went off but such an enjoyable game
Exactly what we were saying must have took him off to save him from injury and keep him fresh as posible

skyblue1991

That's roughly 5 games we've played badly in and remained unbeaten picking up 9 points. As long as we come out the other side we'll be OK. Need a CB in, Maddison back and Arma signed up until the end of the season and I'll be a lot happier.

Think the former two will be covered in the next couple of weeks, but lets hope Armstrong stays until the end of the season.

Think it was the worst I have seen us play all season (seen us a few times away) so it says soemthing if we are scoring 4 goals and I thought we payed out worst! It was a stupid penaly to give away,very schoolboy.

covcity4life

Anybody seen juggernaut since we shipped 7 goals in 3 games ???

Lol I was thinking this. Only good thing to come from redas injury tbf

All the people who used to ask why ppl rated reda 7s and 8s. Well now u know

Overall another those win. Lots of goals. Vital 3 pts....but I'm so happy cole said the team are disappointed. We have to stop shipping goals.

Mowbray also well aware so in a way maybe it's a good thing we conceded 3 tonight. Time will tell

stupot07

Kieran on The Wall said Armstrong can't play.

I'd go with this for Northampton:

RCC
Philips Harries Martin Haynes
Thomas Lawton
Fortune Cole Lameiras
Tudgay

Chuck Lateef on for Cole and go 433 when Cole tires.
He'll probably go:
RCC
Phillips Martin Ricketts Stokes
Thomas Fleck
jOB Cole Murphy
Tudguy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluecam

My player ratings from 2night:

RCC - 6 (came for a lot of crosses, his messing could have cost us tho)
Stokes - 7
Ricketts - 7
Martin - 5
Phillips - 4 (great assist tho)
Fleck - 6
Vince - 7 (solid as usual)
Jim - 6 (not sure why taken off)
Joe Cole - 6 (free kick was a beauty)
Kent - 7 (nice goal, lively)
Arma - 9 (...)

Subs:
Murph - 4.5
Lamieras(?) - 1.5 (not been impressed recently)
Tudgay - 6 (held ball up well)

Didn't agree with subs made today.

PUSB

skybluecam

He'll probably go:
RCC
Phillips Martin Ricketts Stokes
Thomas Fleck
jOB Cole Murphy
Tudguy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Can't see him playing Cole at all. He's saving him for big games.

PUSB

robbiethemole

can we really stomach another Worcester???? I feckin cant and the buggers never forget Sutton either.

we need to win against Cobblers or their jumped up little shits will be taking the piss

Covstu

My player ratings from 2night:

RCC - 6 (came for a lot of crosses, his messing could have cost us tho)
Stokes - 7
Ricketts - 7
Martin - 5
Phillips - 4 (great assist tho)
Fleck - 6
Vince - 7 (solid as usual)
Jim - 6 (not sure why taken off)
Joe Cole - 6 (free kick was a beauty)
Kent - 7 (nice goal, lively)
Arma - 9 (...)

Subs:
Murph - 4.5
Lamieras(?) - 1.5 (not been impressed recently)
Tudgay - 6 (held ball up well)

Didn't agree with subs made today.

PUSB

not far off, I would change RCC to a 5 at best. I thought tudguy was playing walking football like the guys at half time! Having said that it slowed the game down which was needed for us at that stage. TM got the subs wrong I agree

Users who are viewing this thread