Beavon Agrees New Deal! (1 Viewer)

Otis

I would not at all be surprised if Beavon wins player of the season this year.

bawtryneal

Good move getting Beavon on two year deal.
Just need a "marquee signing" now to get the fans excited. Splash out on a young goal scorer and the fans will buy the shirts and will put bums on seats.
Speculate to accumulate SISU. Not complicated !!!

no_loyalty

Stuart Beavon is an enabler, he brings others into the game. So yes I believe it is a good decision for him and us.
Cedric Rousell to Robbie Keane, Robert Rosario to Mick Quinn. Goalscorer required or to reveal themselves at league 2 level within the current squad.

Wouldn't mind a Dublin and Huckerby type partnership, both capable of scoring 15-20 goals each.

I do think Beavon will hit double figures this season, so happy he has signed another deal

Samo

Think we overrate Ponticelli. He hasn't made the step up to under 23's fully yet. He has a chance but would be irresponsible to go into a key season relying on him breaking through. If he really is good enough he'll break through regardless.

Every season is a key season. Ponticelli is either the future or a cash cow. I'd have made room for him.

no_loyalty

Every season is a key season. Ponticelli is either the future or a cash cow. I'd have made room for him.

Now we have forged a link with Sutton, maybe we could offer them the opportunity of signing him on loan until January

steve82

Surely you just make room if the manager thinks he is good enough and ready?

Yes exactly, any manager would build his team of players he believes will impact the 1st team and if anyone from the youth ranks shows real ability in the u23's it's a welcome selection headache. But to factor him in to the squad now and we fall short then it's a long wait till January to get a suitable striker in.

You gotta cover your bases in the summer, any gems that develop are a welcome boost.

Now we have forged a link with Sutton, maybe we could offer them the opportunity of signing him on loan until January

Good shout. They've a excellent pitch down there and will certainly test his ability against men in a very competitive league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

If he starts banging the goals in at U23 level his chances will come as yet he isn't doing this so doubt many teams would take him on loan at this stage, if he doesn't get his head turned by agents and people spouting bullshit for him to believe gets his head down and works hard I am sure his time will come but how many prospects have fallen by the wayside, not just for us but football throughout. What is he 17/18 still very young as yet although he is a big lad he would get kicked to pieces in L2 but if he has the heart of a lion and got something about himself he will rise above it and let goals speak for himself.
If he had scored 27 goals in the U23's that would be something entirely different and I doubt very much we would have kept him

Users who are viewing this thread