Beckenbauer blasts Fifa (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

kaisermaster_2469677.jpg
Football icon rounds on governing body for releasing information

Franz Beckenbauer has declared he has very little faith in Fifa following their handling of the World Cup voting.
The German legend is a member of the Fifa Executive Committee and had his say as one of the 22 men who decided where the 2018 and 2022 competitions should be held.
However, he is dismayed that Fifa opted to reveal that England and Australia received just two and one votes, respectively, for their bids.
It is Beckenbauer's belief that this information should have not been released, even to ExCo members.
"The Executive Committee was told that neither we nor the public would get to know the precise voting figures," he told Germany's Bild newspaper.

Limited

"After each round of voting, we were only told which candidate had been knocked out.
"And then a few hours later, I hear on the radio who had received how many votes.
"My faith in Fifa is limited."
In the aftermath of this information being allowed into the public domain, the former World Cup winning player and coach feels Fifa has spent large amounts of time criticising the losers, while it should have been heaping more praise on the winners of the bids.
"I am disappointed with the way FIFA have dealt with the results after the vote," he added.

"They have made a disgrace of the seven defeated nations, particularly England and Australia."

Users who are viewing this thread