Bees dead (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

Ugh, that's terrible.

Especially those that didn't pay with credit card. If they've used debit the banking indemnity act may help them. Unless the club's account gets closed.

CJ_covblaze

Problem is Speedway's not high profile enough either for it to get the attention it would if it were football.

Sure the local press'll get onto it, but it won't be the same.

Yeah. Similar to when Bradford Bulls folded not so long ago.

Gazolba

Could the Ricoh be converted for speedway use?

no_loyalty

Gutted for bees, really hope this is not the end

Captain Dart

Ashdown

More awful news for Coventry sport ! The football club is dying, the speedway club is on it's last legs, the Rugby team ticks along but needs impetus, the Blaze have had financial problems too. What does it say about sports fans in the area ?
We'll be just left with the franchise imposters before we know it and that cretin Ann Lucas would be delighted with her legacy !

Covstu

Tragic news and looks like they will close up with a wimper. Sport in our fair city is all but dead, the council nailed its colours to the black and yellow mast and stepped over the other sports...

SkyBlueScottie

“I don’t blame Mr Sandhu when it comes to pointing the finger at who got the Bees in this situation.

“Mr Sandhu has never lied to me and when he says something he does it – he and Colin Pratt both want speedway at Coventry to continue and I believe them.

Ultimately, it was Sandhu who sold the land and who sold the Speedway lease to Mick Horton ( a guy well known for having struggled at other clubs, namely Peterborough. Yes the reasons for him selling the lease to Horton are documented, but still Bee's fans were disheartened when the sale was announced.

“In my opinion Mr Sandhu needs to come back.

I believe there are are far too many issues between Sandhu and the Sports governing body for this to happen

“I love the Coventry fans to bits, when I won those races and league titles it was for the fans.

he has been super for Coventry Bees, an integral part of our success during the Sandhu years, none more so than at Poole for our last title win.

“I remember when Colin first brought me to Coventry – he stuck by me and Mr Sandhu made him believe in me, I trust them both more than anyone.

here's the rub, Bomber initially struggled when he came to Brandon, Sandhu paid a high transfer fee for him ( high in Speedway terms) and then helped him with his machinery and off track set up. Contrast this with a fractious relationship between Horton and Harris. While i am not saying Bombers opinion is valid, Im just pointing out what may sway him personally.
Its a disastrous situation the club is in, we have been a major team throughout the years, had the best stadium and were a top top team. Its the equivalent of say Arsenal ceasing to exist.

Captain Dart

Users who are viewing this thread